Author Topic: Tree of Savior  (Read 376 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Tree of Savior
« on: October 21, 2015, 01:12:04 pm »
This IS the true successor of Ragnarok Online (Let's forget Ragnarok Online 2 exists). If you like questing and such, this is not the game for you. This is akin to the old school games where you grouped up with people and grinded monsters and bosses. There are quests to do of course but it's a grinder. The graphics might be a bad thing for some people but they kept with the original game style and for me, it makes it look a lot like final fantasy tactics which I really like.

Developed by some of the people that did the original game ragnarok, this game looks really interesting to me. You have 4 base classes to start from, THEN you specialize in many many other roles! From classes that have unique abilities like making formations with other players, to healing classes that rely on marking spots on the map for people or enemies to step on and get healed/damaged. It also has something I really want to try out. When you have a skill that requires a cast time, in Tree of Savior you can instead instant cast it and get a weaker version of the ability. There are certain videos that show this in motion vs bosses as a mage. It might be pretty good considering there are 80 classes to experiment on. http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/

Whenever I watch this gameplay trailer I get excited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pbKAgM6q6I

Next closed beta is going to start on the 27th of October and it's going to last for a month. It might release early next year if this keeps on going.

Anyone trying it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:43:15 pm by Vexus »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Tree of Savior
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:29:29 pm »
Been keeping my eye on this. Definitely looks interesting. The only worry I have from feedback from Korean version is that bosses aren't that difficult, but that could as well change. It's definitely grindy as well.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 01:03:16 am »
I saw the announcement that you could sign up got a beta key but had ZERO idea on how to do it, maybe I'm borderline retarded which is a possibility but I ended up just giving up after not understanding the announcement.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 01:07:10 am »
You use the given key in steam by selecting "Activate a product on steam."

Most people got the email with the key in the junk mail, if someone else applied to the beta and got nothing yet.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 08:47:19 am »
I saw the announcement that you could sign up got a beta key but had ZERO idea on how to do it, maybe I'm borderline retarded which is a possibility but I ended up just giving up after not understanding the announcement.

just sign/login up on their main page https://treeofsavior.com/ - its a bit stupid since you need to use facebook or google+ ... (but I believe it's too late to do it now)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:02:56 am by Vibe »