Poll

Bring back Jayrod and Ostular as full NA8 Admins?

Yes
22 (88%)
No
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: August 16, 2016, 08:21:22 am

Author Topic: Petition to bring back full admin power for Jayrod and Ostular on NA8  (Read 1430 times)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
As some of you know i've been much more active lately than in the past few months, and i've been having a blast coming back (and it seems like a lot of old players are coming back as well). I heard of this latest 5v5 tourney and thought to myself... Well i'm shit at melee and everything else, so I didn't start a team. Voncrow had some issues with his main team and asked me last minute to sub for him, and I felt bad accepting because i'm a shit player and thought I would TK some one. Well, I played one match, and low and behold I did TK some one (sorry mangler). But just after that one round, I was subbed out for a much better player (I was hoping for this) but still stayed and watched for the next three and half fookin' hours just watching the rest of the show, because it was awesome.

After the 5v5 was over, Ostular planned to have a couple of FFA games, which sounded fun as fuck, and they were. He paid the prizes out of his own pocket. Today I was willing to fork over 200k (gotta keep 600k incase that loom sale happens again) for prizes for next weeks FFA tourney. Then I heard it would not happen....

So it's time for a little bit of cRPG community doing what is right, for the right reason. Our boys Jayrod and Ostular had a little problem with the devs after that tourney. I don't wish to make this a finger pointing game, but the issue does need to be addressed. From what i've gathered, Jayrod needed a second admin to help out with the 5v5 (since he was part of it) and so he sought out Ostular (excellent idea, good fellow all around). They attempted communication with some of the admins/devs and didn't get any response, although I don't know the time frame and most of the info, either way they didn't get a proper response. So when the time came for the 5v5 Jayrod gave Ostular the admin in NA8 to assist anyway.

Well it turns out to make anyone admin (on any server, even the rarely used NA8) you need chadz' approval. Sadly chadz is so busy he can't upload pictures of the latest weapons or gear, which leads me to believe he should appoint some one more available for that sort of duty. Anyway, Jayrod was demoted as an admin, and Ostular no longer has admin in NA8.

Honestly, events are fun as fuck and i'd be willing to fork over tons of gold if it would help out. I think keeping these weekend events going would help bring back old players. I mean fuck, siege is fun, battle kind of sucks, strat is just strat, but we need something out of the usual bullshit to bring us back. The tourneys and FFA's are perfect for that.

I'm drunk as shit and it's taken me like 2 hours to write this shit because i have chode fingers, but honestly, is it that big of a deal for these guys to be admins in NA8, when they're bringing back players who will obviously be potential buyers of your upcoming game?

Let's do what is right, and let's fuckin get Jayrod and Ostular their proper NA8 adminship back. Fuck.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: Petition to bring back full admin power for Jayrod and Ostular on NA8
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 08:24:35 am »
As some of you know i've been much more active lately than in the past few months, and i've been having a blast coming back (and it seems like a lot of old players are coming back as well). I heard of this latest 5v5 tourney and thought to myself... Well i'm shit at melee and everything else, so I didn't start a team. Voncrow had some issues with his main team and asked me last minute to sub for him, and I felt bad accepting because i'm a shit player and thought I would TK some one. Well, I played one match, and low and behold I did TK some one (sorry mangler). But just after that one round, I was subbed out for a much better player (I was hoping for this) but still stayed and watched for the next three and half fookin' hours just watching the rest of the show, because it was awesome.

After the 5v5 was over, Ostular planned to have a couple of FFA games, which sounded fun as fuck, and they were. He paid the prizes out of his own pocket. Today I was willing to fork over 200k (gotta keep 600k incase that loom sale happens again) for prizes for next weeks FFA tourney. Then I heard it would not happen....

So it's time for a little bit of cRPG community doing what is right, for the right reason. Our boys Jayrod and Ostular had a little problem with the devs after that tourney. I don't wish to make this a finger pointing game, but the issue does need to be addressed. From what i've gathered, Jayrod needed a second admin to help out with the 5v5 (since he was part of it) and so he sought out Ostular (excellent idea, good fellow all around). They attempted communication with some of the admins/devs and didn't get any response, although I don't know the time frame and most of the info, either way they didn't get a proper response. So when the time came for the 5v5 Jayrod gave Ostular the admin in NA8 to assist anyway.

Well it turns out to make anyone admin (on any server, even the rarely used NA8) you need chadz' approval. Sadly chadz is so busy he can't upload pictures of the latest weapons or gear, which leads me to believe he should appoint some one more available for that sort of duty. Anyway, Jayrod was demoted as an admin, and Ostular no longer has admin in NA8.

Honestly, events are fun as fuck and i'd be willing to fork over tons of gold if it would help out. I think keeping these weekend events going would help bring back old players. I mean fuck, siege is fun, battle kind of sucks, strat is just strat, but we need something out of the usual bullshit to bring us back. The tourneys and FFA's are perfect for that.

I'm drunk as shit and it's taken me like 2 hours to write this shit because i have chode fingers, but honestly, is it that big of a deal for these guys to be admins in NA8, when they're bringing back players who will obviously be potential buyers of your upcoming game?

Let's do what is right, and let's fuckin get Jayrod and Ostular their proper NA8 adminship back. Fuck.

Why post if you have no idea what happen? Jayrod still has admin power and can still host events with Ostular. Moving topic
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:26:47 am »
Sorry I was unable to keep up with the conversation, but I had heard nothing from either Jayrod or Ostular that this was the case. I still think I had points of merit which should keep this open to conversation.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:28:13 am »
+1
Fuck you dupree you cant just quelch public conversation of this matter.

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 08:31:07 am »
+2
The problem, Dupre, stems from that fact that without admin powers on NA8 I can't assist in hosting the FFAs by sitting in spec and kicking those who aren't following orders from JayJ and I wouldn't be able to host the FFA without JayJ present (JayJ is unavailable this coming weekend which is why I was going to run them). The same goes with any tournaments that may have happened in the future.
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:31 am »
The problem, Dupre, stems from that fact that without admin powers on NA8 I can't assist in hosting the FFAs by sitting in spec and kicking those who aren't following orders from JayJ and I wouldn't be able to host the FFA without JayJ present (JayJ is unavailable this coming weekend which is why I was going to run them). The same goes with any tournaments that may have happened in the future.

I already explained to Jay on getting help and holding future events. You can speak to him about it if you're still interested in holding events on NA servers.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:39:55 am »
+2
Literally shut down the thread 4 minutes after it posted, good work Dupre.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 09:10:20 am »
+4
And your name sucks, Dupre. Not to mention my schwartz is longer than yours.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 10:00:50 am »
+5
I just wanna punch you in your fucking face arys

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:53 pm »
+3

You just gave Dupre a reason to +1 you, you fucking suck old friend.

Offline PoisonedTail

• Earl
  • Renown: 307
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TimTheEnchanter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 02:49:45 pm »
Watch out Arys, big dick dreadcock can make threats over the internet. He must be really tough.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:55:51 pm by PoisonedTail »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 04:02:41 pm »
Watch out Arys, big dick dreadcock can make threats over the internet. He must be really tough.

Rewd

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »
You just gave Dupre a reason to +1 you, you fucking suck old friend.

He did give me 3 loompoints cheap, all you gave me was hurtful names in teamspeak and hate messages on facebook, old friend

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »

maybe jay or u should say sorry before u start like "I want.."