Author Topic: Knights are dirty and cheap and not fun...WOT? ( plumbo vs gravoth continues )  (Read 1328 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
You're genuine about people not taking PS, "leaving it for last"? Come on...

...okay i worded that pretty poorly, but you get the idea so...
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I didn't read any of this because, quite frankly, too many words man. I am doing a 33/12 build right now in full Gothic armor, armet helm, shinbaulds, and the new heavy gauntlets. I am doing well. I hope all of you are enjoying your builds. That is all.

im glad u are doing and well and having fun. but im still gonna be honest with u.
i still feel and will prob always feel that the old wpf system was much better.
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
im glad u are doing and well and having fun. but im still gonna be honest with u. 24-21 would destroy u.

Did that and felt like I was abusing game too much. 24/21 is a cheap build. Either you go hard or go home.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Did that and felt like I was abusing game too much. 24/21 is a cheap build. Either you go hard or go home.

lol that was a bunch of chaos ( sandwich riren,,,u know THE GODS OF CRPG pff ) folks build back when i thought they were super good or something...been anti chaos ever since i tried it for myself.
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
*cracks knuckles*

you did mention the 5v5 as mostly plate wearers and ill take your word for it, as you already know from my other post, i was shocked...EU is just a diff place then NA. for one u guys have the player base to make 5v5, and the players themselves come from various countries worldwide

NA doesnt. we are much more tightnit, ud think this would be good, its not, as when someone finds something extremely abusable the likly hood of others fallowing along, it far greater. its very generic over here, people find a meta, and everyone goes for it.

This is something ill never change my mind about, as i once thought people like San were special and truly skilled\godlike.
Jay, Pheo...shit im not gonna name em all, i made the mistake of calling all these suddenly invincible players "jay clones" until i was corrected that San did that shit way b4.

again, ur from eu and congrats to u, i know how much more fun \ better it is in EU i wont debate the diversity u are right about that.

THE OVERALL CURRENT PROBLEM I HAVE WITH CRPG, IS THE SAME ONE SINCE THE WPF PATCH

PEOPLE MIN MAXING LIGHT ARMORS \ MEDIUM GLOVES AND NOT TAKING PS OR IF

THEY LEAVE THOSE THINGS FOR LAST, AS GET THEIR DMG FROM THEIR AGI \ WPF

THIS IS A VERY VERY BAD CONCEPT FOR A MELEE GAME. PARTICULARLY A MEDIEVAL ONE

"i couldnt care more about HONORBRU KNIGHTHOODS MEDIEVAL BADASSES"
^ think u meant to say less instead of more. you also spelled honorable wrong, and a lil fact for your troll ass..knights ARE BADDASS, gravoth this is undebatable

not all of us are here to mmo and write rps...some of us are here to play a medieval game, and idc if that sounds lame to you, that the atmosphere makes up part of the fun...im not the only one pissy about the current lack of immersion.

i play this because: when im not playing this, im online watching to baddasses in armor fight irl...i am a enthusiast of all things medieval...not fictional medieval, like trolls, but proper lads in proper armor fighting it out.

would i write this much fucking useless shit if i didnt have a passion for it? crpg was onto something, something bigger then ive seen anywhere else, and they let it slip...it could return to that...

or it can continue being what it is today, another War of the Roses...fucking truly amazing, then patched into the ground...

thoughts?

Couldnt care less* thats my bad, but HONORBRU is intentional.

I never felt any immersion in this game, theres so many things that bring you out of the immersion, but instead you are, well i guess you could say immersed, into the combat, and the mechanics. Balance above all, and currently, its not that bad. People play agi builds because they are more fun, it feels like you are actually playing well when you do well, instead of plate spam which is basically just out tanking opponents.

I went to NA for a couple of maps a bit back, and i did fine as str build with quite heavy armor. I really cant remember if it was much different armor and build wise compared to eu.

I could see a upkeep drop on heavier armors being a decent change, but it might also spawn a new age of tincans. But then again, people dont need gold anymore, most are swimming in it. Except for the price, i do think plate is balanced. If you manage to do bad with it then do not blame the armor because its not a free win, but it does make things a lot easier.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
nerds, who don't know a shit 'bout the reality of war... Even more, the reality of medieval war.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
holy

fucking

shit

this thread is gettin good.
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Couldnt care less* thats my bad, but HONORBRU is intentional.

I never felt any immersion in this game, theres so many things that bring you out of the immersion, but instead you are, well i guess you could say immersed, into the combat, and the mechanics. Balance above all, and currently, its not that bad. People play agi builds because they are more fun, it feels like you are actually playing well when you do well, instead of plate spam which is basically just out tanking opponents.

I went to NA for a couple of maps a bit back, and i did fine as str build with quite heavy armor. I really cant remember if it was much different armor and build wise compared to eu.

I could see a upkeep drop on heavier armors being a decent change, but it might also spawn a new age of tincans. But then again, people dont need gold anymore, most are swimming in it. Except for the price, i do think plate is balanced. If you manage to do bad with it then do not blame the armor because its not a free win, but it does make things a lot easier.

Partially at least.
I am probably playing NA1 more often than EU1, and -at least with my ping of about 130- I find using heavier armour much easier indeed.
It is more forgiving, in my Heraldic Mail & Plate I can take about 3-8 hits, while with lighter armour about 1-4. That makes hell of a difference.
Though, if I play with a normal ping (24ish for me) I find using plate incredibly difficult. Simply because I am way faster in light gear and the incoming hits are blockable with that ping. (With 130 blocking is not difficult either, it only gets bad if you fight a feint-/spam whore)

So I'd say plate makes it easier to survive if you tend to get hit fairly often, but it doesn't necessarily make it easier by default.

What it does, though, is making it much harder for the person fighting the tincan.
And I have to admit, I definitely despise plate wearers.
I know without their armour they'd probably die 5 seconds into the fight, but instead they soak my hits as if I was using a pugil stick.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
You are genius, wish they'd remove WPF requirement for throwing, so that i could spec an insane 16 PT character with +3 stones or Zeus Lances

Also, always disappointed that i've never met a troll pair ingame called 'Knife' and 'Fork' where one uses pitchfork and the other uses the basic kitchen knife weapon. Maybe in M:BG if they include the belly slider they promised we'll transcend to that level of greatness...

DUDE! Xol and I made troll alts one time called Left_Scissor and Right_Scissor. Ran exact same build and stood beside each other. One person always did left swing the other right swing with glaives...good times...GET SCISSORED!

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
We also convinced our teamspeak channel of like 8 or 9 people to all run the classic Scumpy build of 3/33 with a long dagger, one person was on a sumpter horse, and they would ride into battle bump someone and the rest of us would just circle and stab them to death. That was probably one of the most fun days of crpg for me.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
(click to show/hide)
wou ;o

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far