Author Topic: Knights are dirty and cheap and not fun...WOT? ( plumbo vs gravoth continues )  (Read 1326 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
...the drama is quite...fuck that, make some fucking noise for fresh beef.

Quote from: Gravoth_iii on June 16, 2015, 09:44:02 pm

It's not as enjoyable when everyone uses plate, feels cheap, and dirty.

WOT...gravoth...u were on a spree of agree able statments...and then u say this...it feels dirty and cheap...to be a knight? in a medieval game? BITCH I DONT FEEL DIRTY KILLING PEOPLE WITH MY WELL PLACE MORINGSTAR SWINGS

i feel dirty knowing some guy in mail can take 2 of my hits...and spam me to death with a stick... A FUCKING STICK GRAVOTH

no...no no no. besides RIP plate...its fucking useless now, was dueling vadoth the other day, beat me everytime in my plate...im just too slow to fight 24 agi's with only 15-18 myself

but in light cloth or medium mail...i didnt lose once

y the fuck is the best armor WITH THE HIGHEST UPKEEP...the worst armor performance wise...its cuz u gravoth

y u guys hate medieval warfare? y u hate plated knights? y u stick up for the agi whores with their sticks and stones...y gravoth?

Y?
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Putin_Akbar

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 93
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated

WOT...gravoth...u were on a spree of agree able statments...and then u say this...it feels dirty and cheap...to be a knight? in a medieval game? BITCH I DONT FEEL DIRTY KILLING PEOPLE WITH MY WELL PLACE MORINGSTAR SWINGS

i feel dirty knowing some guy in mail can take 2 of my hits...and spam me to death with a stick... A FUCKING STICK GRAVOTH

no...no no no. besides RIP plate...its fucking useless now, was dueling vadoth the other day, beat me everytime in my plate...im just too slow to fight 24 agi's with only 15-18 myself

y the fuck is the best armor WITH THE HIGHEST UPKEEP...the worst armor performance wise...its cuz u gravoth

y u guys hate medieval warfare? y u hate plated knights? y u stick up for the agi whores with their sticks and stones...y gravoth?

Y?

Attention Whøre

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
the day str, and knights, and actual fun comes back...is the day ill stop bitching about how pathetic this mod has become.

we got a long way to go lads.

i suggest u skip my posts...if u dont like hearing the honest truth.
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Attention Whøre

Honestly Plumbo is one someone I would never call an attention whore.

On another note, I made a str thrower with pt 10 and ps 10, I use a stick for melee and stones for throwing. I call it the stick and stone build. After all the saying goes stick and stones may break your bones.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
i suggest u skip my posts
Okay, I shall oblige.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
And where is the previous part of the soap opera?

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
And where is the previous part of the soap opera?

Essentially any balance/mechanics thread Plumbo has posted in.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Flamberge, high strength and plate was one of the easiest playstyles I ever did
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack

Y?

It feels cheap and dirty because it gives the most efficiency for the least effort put in. Also im speaking strictly from a gameplay perspective, i couldnt care more about HONORBRU KNIGHTHOODS MEDIEVAL BADASSES. Yes you die to agi, and to a stick, because you are a turd wrangler. Learn the very simple things you need to hit someone faster than you, and you will become a good roidrager, or just respecc agi and try that out. Maybe go use it where its the best, in a clusterfuck where you can trade hits and come out on top.

Like i mentioned, the 5v5 ended up with everyone strapping on plate, it wasnt pretty but it got the job done. Too stronk.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:38:17 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I would like to see heavier armours get a cheaper price tag than now, then see how the balance is on the servers. ATM it feels like a waste of money when they aren't really much better than medium armour. The balance should be in the pro's / cons rather than the price
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It feels cheap and dirty because it gives the most efficiency for the least effort put in. Also im speaking strictly from a gameplay perspective, i couldnt care more about HONORBRU KNIGHTHOODS MEDIEVAL BADASSES. Yes you die to agi, and to a stick, because you are a turd wrangler. Learn the very simple things you need to hit someone faster than you, and you will become a good roidrager, or just respecc agi and try that out. Maybe go use it where its the best, in a clusterfuck where you can trade hits and come out on top.

Like i mentioned, the 5v5 ended up with everyone strapping on plate, it wasnt pretty but it got the job done. Too stronk.

*cracks knuckles*

you did mention the 5v5 as mostly plate wearers and ill take your word for it, as you already know from my other post, i was shocked...EU is just a diff place then NA. for one u guys have the player base to make 5v5, and the players themselves come from various countries worldwide

NA doesnt. we are much more tightnit, ud think this would be good, its not, as when someone finds something extremely abusable the likly hood of others fallowing along, it far greater. its very generic over here, people find a meta, and everyone goes for it.

This is something ill never change my mind about, as i once thought people like San were special and truly skilled\godlike.
Jay, Pheo...shit im not gonna name em all, i made the mistake of calling all these suddenly invincible players "jay clones" until i was corrected that San did that shit way b4.

again, ur from eu and congrats to u, i know how much more fun \ better it is in EU i wont debate the diversity u are right about that.

THE OVERALL CURRENT PROBLEM I HAVE WITH CRPG, IS THE SAME ONE SINCE THE WPF PATCH

PEOPLE MIN MAXING LIGHT ARMORS \ MEDIUM GLOVES AND NOT TAKING PS OR IF

THEY LEAVE THOSE THINGS FOR LAST, AS GET THEIR DMG FROM THEIR AGI \ WPF

THIS IS A VERY VERY BAD CONCEPT FOR A MELEE GAME. PARTICULARLY A MEDIEVAL ONE

"i couldnt care more about HONORBRU KNIGHTHOODS MEDIEVAL BADASSES"
^ think u meant to say less instead of more. you also spelled honorable wrong, and a lil fact for your troll ass..knights ARE BADDASS, gravoth this is undebatable

not all of us are here to mmo and write rps...some of us are here to play a medieval game, and idc if that sounds lame to you, that the atmosphere makes up part of the fun...im not the only one pissy about the current lack of immersion.

i play this because: when im not playing this, im online watching to baddasses in armor fight irl...i am a enthusiast of all things medieval...not fictional medieval, like trolls, but proper lads in proper armor fighting it out.

would i write this much fucking useless shit if i didnt have a passion for it? crpg was onto something, something bigger then ive seen anywhere else, and they let it slip...it could return to that...

or it can continue being what it is today, another War of the Roses...fucking truly amazing, then patched into the ground...

thoughts?
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript

or it can continue being what it is today, another War of the Roses...fucking truly amazing, then patched into the ground...

thoughts?

In all fairness, I think the plate armor works better in war of the roses. Can actually deflect some kinds of arrows and swords. I may have missed the point completely though.

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
You're genuine about people not taking PS, "leaving it for last"? Come on...
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I didn't read any of this because, quite frankly, too many words man. I am doing a 33/12 build right now in full Gothic armor, armet helm, shinbaulds, and the new heavy gauntlets. I am doing well. I hope all of you are enjoying your builds. That is all.