Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89314 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #780 on: November 16, 2015, 02:12:29 pm »
One of the more ridiculous things you can do when fighting bosses and harder enemies is just running into their face, pressing VATS and then chosing headshot. Since you're so close you won't miss anyway.
When that 95% headshot chance misses though, gg. But yeah, I use this tactic very often, although they usually need like 30 headshots to die and I only use this tactic for the last stretch. Also, I always do ring around the rosey with strong melee enemies. I can beat anything with a convenient rock and plenty of ammo. Takes 15 minutes of juking around the rock, but its generally pretty safe.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 16, 2015, 02:15:17 pm »
+1
When that 95% headshot chance misses though, gg. But yeah, I use this tactic very often, although they usually need like 30 headshots to die and I only use this tactic for the last stretch. Also, I always do ring around the rosey with strong melee enemies. I can beat anything with a convenient rock and plenty of ammo. Takes 15 minutes of juking around the rock, but its generally pretty safe.

I stuck a Deathclaw or whatever those diablo things are on a rock in the nuke zone, took my sweet time shooting him in the head to conserve ammo. Felt like Dark Souls with a ranged character, aka cheating.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 16, 2015, 02:16:29 pm »
+3
So guess who I ran into in goodneighbour (after sleeping with the singer haha ) - this is a semi-spoiler but i dont think it impacts the story in any way

(click to show/hide)

Then I left to do some clearing up and this freaky ass shit happened.

(click to show/hide)

Then i walked in on an alcoholic

(click to show/hide)

Then...black hawk went down

(click to show/hide)

Then rocket ships went AWOL

(click to show/hide)

And then I killed this 'little' fucker

(click to show/hide)

Before having a rest and going back to my childhood

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #783 on: November 16, 2015, 02:42:25 pm »
Sounds like you had a good time!

Last night I spent half an hour clearing out a satellite array from super mutants, one was a legendary and 3 others had the skulls. I used all my .308 .38 .45 and microfusion cells along with 3 rockets and ended up having to stab him with a bayonet to kill him. I even found a random power armour and jumped off a dish in it cos I was cornered.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 16, 2015, 03:01:56 pm »
Bethesda are soooo predictably bad at balancing at this point. Case in point your talking about automatic wasting more ammo, its worse than that. The semi auto rifles actually have a higher firerate when you spam click. So the automatic mods make guns much less acurate, cut damage per bullet to less than half, and actually reduce firerate. Plus a bunch more obvious reasons why rifleman is way better than everything.

I don't think im ever going to run out of ammo or fusions cores. Also playing no vats, hardest difficulty = half damage. so burning alot of ammo, but never close to running out maybe because Im using every type and not trying to just stick to one gun. Only ammo type you loot less than you use is shotgun shells, which is good because combat shotgun makes alot of enemies too easy.

Yeah anyone else reached the typical rpg difficulty trough? Levels 10-25 were fun but now i'm 31 feeling like its just too breezy from here.

Why do they always design RPGs to have such inverse difficulty curves? Witcher was one of the worst offenders, game was such much fun until you became too high level.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #785 on: November 16, 2015, 03:06:22 pm »
Fought two Deathclaws in Power Armor, beat them pretty easily with no need to use more than one stimpak. Then comes along a bloodsucker bug AKA mutated mosquito and fucking owns my ass with acid n shit, damn.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #786 on: November 16, 2015, 03:10:09 pm »
Boss design in bethesda games always comes down to finding a cheese-strat. I can enjoy stuff like that, but it feels like a shit design in general, and must be hell for those that dont like to aboze.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #787 on: November 16, 2015, 04:26:31 pm »
Boss design in bethesda games always comes down to finding a cheese-strat. I can enjoy stuff like that, but it feels like a shit design in general, and must be hell for those that dont like to aboze.

You are a cheese strat!

But yeah it's not really RPGs that are culpable for the silly difficulty it's any games with leveling involved.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 16, 2015, 06:39:40 pm »
Fought two Deathclaws in Power Armor, beat them pretty easily with no need to use more than one stimpak. Then comes along a bloodsucker bug AKA mutated mosquito and fucking owns my ass with acid n shit, damn.

yeah they have no clue how to balance DoT effects, check this:

http://gfycat.com/NastyWaryAmericanratsnake

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 16, 2015, 08:20:42 pm »
+1
But yeah it's not really RPGs that are culpable for the silly difficulty it's any games with leveling involved.

I disagree, other games do a much better job of giving you progression but making you NEED all the progression you can get. Souls series, xcom.... ok maybe not tons but they exist.

I also made a reddit thread about this topic and drew this smexy graph

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #790 on: November 16, 2015, 08:26:11 pm »
I've not really played Dark Souls but Bloodborne has an odd difficulty. It's not clever difficult like Metro's harder difficulties but more frustrating as there's just no save points or anything.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 16, 2015, 09:42:42 pm »
What the fuck guys I can't read 20 pages of this every day.

EDIT: okay finally skimmed through everything. Will post some content later.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:02:18 pm by Kafein »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 16, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »
I disagree, other games do a much better job of giving you progression but making you NEED all the progression you can get. Souls series, xcom.... ok maybe not tons but they exist.

I also made a reddit thread about this topic and drew this smexy graph

On the other hand, you're actively looking for ways to break difficulty and to do things the most optimal way, researching things and doing calculations etc -- then you're surprised the game becomes easy.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #793 on: November 16, 2015, 10:10:22 pm »
Dark Souls is a good example of that. It's only hard on your first play through when you have no idea what the fuck you are doing. Once you recognise what builds are strong and you learn the mechanics, it becomes a walk over after that.

There are people I know who heard how hard the game was though so they researched builds ect before hand and were disappointed. Of course it's not difficult if you do that.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 16, 2015, 10:22:31 pm »
Dark Souls is a good example of that. It's only hard on your first play through when you have no idea what the fuck you are doing. Once you recognise what builds are strong and you learn the mechanics, it becomes a walk over after that.

There are people I know who heard how hard the game was though so they researched builds ect before hand and were disappointed. Of course it's not difficult if you do that.

That's kinda how it works with everything though? If you've done it once already, it gets easier the next time you do it. But Banoks point was difficulty in a single (first) game run, I believe.