Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89873 times)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #705 on: November 13, 2015, 09:46:10 pm »
Holy crap this really is more like Skyrim the more I play it. As I recall, in the previous Fallouts, you always had only one faction to side with and that was based on your main quest choices. There was no 100 different joining rituals for many different groups. Now it appears it does the TES guild thing, where you are doing jobs for multiple groups, while also progressing the main quest on the side. Its actually kinda enjoyable.

I've only encountered two factions you could join, honestly both New Vegas and Fallout 3 both had more factions than that, but we'll see by the end of the game. And if you decide to use the argument where in NV you could take sides with Legion, NCR or House or go solo. I'll just tell you they did that in Morrowind long before NV was released. Plus NV was made by obsidian so you can expect it to differ from Fallout 3 and TES when it's from a different developer.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #706 on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
I always wanted to be a ghoul in a fallout game, sadly it still isnt a possiblity. Maybe next game, if obsidian will be making one..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 13, 2015, 10:44:53 pm »
I always wanted to be a ghoul in a fallout game, sadly it still isnt a possiblity. Maybe next game, if obsidian will be making one..

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 13, 2015, 10:59:12 pm »

There's a mod for Fallout 3 where you can be A Ghoul, doesn't really affect anything other than appearance if I remember correctly. I only did a brief play through as Raz Al Ghoul where I blew up Megaton, had a chuckle then stopped playing.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 13, 2015, 11:18:41 pm »
I've only encountered two factions you could join, honestly both New Vegas and Fallout 3 both had more factions than that, but we'll see by the end of the game. And if you decide to use the argument where in NV you could take sides with Legion, NCR or House or go solo. I'll just tell you they did that in Morrowind long before NV was released. Plus NV was made by obsidian so you can expect it to differ from Fallout 3 and TES when it's from a different developer.

Afaik there are 3. And despite NV and FO3 having more,you couldnt do shit with them really. Just few quests here and there. A faction TES style is having entire questlines dedicated to one faction, where you meet all kinds of characters. In NV and FO3, despite the abundance of factions, you only got a few secondary quests out of them and they all were running on a single questline which end was determined by your actions. None of the factions had a secondary questline of their own. I mean common "the Vipers", "the jackals", "Powder gangers".....? They were just different names for irrelevant thuggangs.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #710 on: November 14, 2015, 01:03:18 am »
that feeling when everyone complaining about something or encountering some bugs while i never had a single problem so far ( should make a meme out of this )
UI is shit. Total crap. But i am guessing you are using a controller.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 14, 2015, 01:37:43 am »
I use mouse and Keyboard and I have no problems with the UI. Although NPC pathfinding can be tough at times, my companion can't even go up thinner stairs. Need to be at least 3 feet wide.

edit: Also the fact that I can't rebind taking stuff from chests from E infuriates me constantly. As I always get confused about whether to use e or the use key I mapped to f.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #712 on: November 14, 2015, 01:37:59 am »

In a game where people would react based on my, well, race... Would be hilarious, like how you tell all ghouls they are ugly as fuck, now you can be the victim! And you can also call everyone smoothskin, fuckin bundle of sticks smoothskins.

Just think it would be a neat change. Playing a highly charismatic ghoul, or a super smart super mutant. Completely different interractions, where many people would be hostile to super mutants, and rude to ghouls etc.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 14, 2015, 01:40:28 am »
Afaik there are 3. And despite NV and FO3 having more,you couldnt do shit with them really. Just few quests here and there. A faction TES style is having entire questlines dedicated to one faction, where you meet all kinds of characters. In NV and FO3, despite the abundance of factions, you only got a few secondary quests out of them and they all were running on a single questline which end was determined by your actions. None of the factions had a secondary questline of their own. I mean common "the Vipers", "the jackals", "Powder gangers".....? They were just different names for irrelevant thuggangs.

NCR, Caesars Legion, House and Yes Man had lots of quests.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 14, 2015, 01:44:07 am »

As far as i can remember, the bigger factions in NV had lots of quests, i mean you basically beat the game through them if you chose.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/avoidingthepuddle-2015111434626439

Classic bugthesda
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:50:53 am by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 14, 2015, 06:38:32 am »
does anyone know if levels have an effect on combat other than of course giving you perks?

I'm enjoying hardest diff, but im worried if I keep doing all quests on 1 character it'll end up like witcher where I become too high level and game decides to artificially make it less fun for last half of the game.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 14, 2015, 08:02:53 am »
NCR, Caesars Legion, House and Yes Man had lots of quests.

The quests for all of them were almost same(Exept House, he was the suprise contender for the NCR and Legion). Remember? The only difference was that you chose on whose behalf you started and finished them.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #717 on: November 14, 2015, 08:16:42 am »
The quests for all of them were almost same(Exept House, he was the suprise contender for the NCR and Legion). Remember? The only difference was that you chose on whose behalf you started and finished them.

Not really tho, Tbh fam
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 14, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »
Im just wearing the best gear I can find, such as the sea captains hat which is effectively +30hp. Yet I look like this

Remind anyone else of this?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #719 on: November 14, 2015, 02:08:35 pm »
does anyone know if levels have an effect on combat other than of course giving you perks?

I'm enjoying hardest diff, but im worried if I keep doing all quests on 1 character it'll end up like witcher where I become too high level and game decides to artificially make it less fun for last half of the game.

I have seen enemies become more resistant to my weapons as I leveled up, so far only the regular raider is the only enemy I can quickly kill, even bloatflies seem to get more hp, not sure if it's area dependent though.