Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89871 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Release
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2015, 03:05:06 pm »
+1
I didn't say Fallout 1 and 2 was made by Bethesda you half a pasty..

They were both great games, Bethesda obviously took over and made Fallout 3 and didn't fail the series and they did take the risk of changing the whole series into a totally new genre.

Even mentioning graphics on an RPG game announcement trailer is laughable. I'm no way near a hardcore gamer what so ever, i'm as close to a casual as you will ever get but i know that graphics in a Fallout game is like putting Chocolate Sauce and fucking sprinkles on Chocolate ice cream. It's not fucking needed. Then you get the virgins saying "well if witcher 3 can have good graphics then so can everything else"
What, I don't think there are any genres that rely more on story and worldbuilding over gameplay than RPGs. Good graphics assist the suspension of disbelief and thus make the world and atmosphere a much more intense experience. If Fallout 3 would have had a draw distance of 10 meters, that first view out of that Vault wouldn't have been nearly as awesome.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2015, 03:07:17 pm »
Fallout could get away with average graphics if it had a good story. But the story in 3 was balls. That's not to say 4 won't be better. But if the graphics are average and the story crap then it will be crap over all.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2015, 04:31:50 pm »
Fallout could get away with average graphics if it had a good story. But the story in 3 was balls. That's not to say 4 won't be better. But if the graphics are average and the story crap then it will be crap over all.

From what i read from some news sites and shit it seems...

''The trailer confirms reports the next entry in the franchise will take place in The Commonwealth - the fictional universe's version of Massachusetts that’s been referenced in prior games. In Fallout 3 side quest The Replicated Man, players encounter a scientist named Dr. Zimmer who comes from The Commonwealth, a “war-ravaged quagmire of violence and despair” where he notes he and his colleagues created androids that have escaped and are running wild. Zimmer also references The Institute, which it seems is a future version of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The Commonwealth also contains the Railroad, which runs in direct opposition to the Institute and aims to rescue the androids that have been created. A branch of the Commonwealth Police known as the Synth Retention Bureau is in charge of capturing androids that have escaped from the Institute''

So tons of factions and something tells me MIT will be ''evil'' alongside the Police and story will basically be a robot fetish. I'd bet the map will look like a mixture of New Vegas/F3 and RAGE
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2015, 04:36:26 pm »
I honestly don't think it looks bad from what i've seen. Maybe it's not as good looking as Witcher 3 because it might be 100x bigger than that game, we don't know yet.

I'm done on this thread anyway. June 14th is when i will place my bets on how it's going to be.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »
+1
I honestly don't think it looks bad from what i've seen. Maybe it's not as good looking as Witcher 3 because it might be 100x bigger than that game, we don't know yet.

I'm done on this thread anyway. June 14th is when i will place my bets on how it's going to be.

Do you know how big Witcher 3 is? Even 3x bigger than it would be a crowning achievement.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2015, 08:07:27 pm »
How can u play Fallout? Aren't u busy dodging supreme leader Pootin and Sovijeeet Oonion 2.0 and their soldiers? )))))

Well, was it necessary to mention that I played both games before that?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:11:19 pm by DaveUKR »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2015, 09:10:31 pm »
+1
Each to their own. But having a discussion on how shit the game will be, when there isn't even any game play of it yet. That's just ignorant and doesn't make sense.

Morrowind; 10/10 Countless awards.
Oblivion; 10/10 Countless awards.
Fallout 1 2 and 3; 10/10 Countless awards.
Skyrim; 10/10 Countless awards.

And now all of a sudden before any game play what so ever, This "looks" like it's gonna be a disappointment. No, not a fucking chance.

Gameplay wise, all those games were/are failures. (I haven't played MW). You play those games for the story, exploration and quest. Feck, Oblivion and Skyrim's combat is so boring and gay Elton John tried to marry them.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2015, 09:17:06 pm »
Well, was it necessary to mention that I played both games before that?

Yes. Great leader Pootin will steal ur games soon )))) Davaj Davaj

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »
Gameplay wise, all those games were/are failures. (I haven't played MW). You play those games for the story, exploration and quest. Feck, Oblivion and Skyrim's combat is so boring and gay Elton John tried to marry them.

I could never get into MW due to the retardation of the stamina aspect. Yet supposedly the story was amazing as was the exploration (no levelling with char)

Oblivion was an excellent story and I thoroughly enjoyed the playthrough, especially all the side quests and DLC.

Skyrim...not a major fan, boring story, good civil war story, but that for me was it, I just grew bored way too easily.

Witcher brings an excellent storyline, ok side quests, and a rich environment with a relatively decent combat system and magic not being OP as fuck

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2015, 10:57:54 pm »
jesus...christ.. that's the rating they got and each of them got game of the year, they are obviously great games. I didn't give them that score or them awards. So if you don't like them then go find other games to play, oh and leave this thread then. Saying Fallout 1 2 and 3 were failures on gameplay, you're clearly not interested in Fallout 4, so do us all a favor and fuck off? Think about it.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »
well dragon age inquisition is also considered a great game lel

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2015, 11:14:27 pm »
well dragon age inquisition is also considered a great game lel

Witcher games and Portal games are also considered ''great'' games lel

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2015, 11:54:32 pm »
+3
jesus...christ.. that's the rating they got and each of them got game of the year, they are obviously great games. I didn't give them that score or them awards. So if you don't like them then go find other games to play, oh and leave this thread then. Saying Fallout 1 2 and 3 were failures on gameplay, you're clearly not interested in Fallout 4, so do us all a favor and fuck off? Think about it.
Wow, really, 10/10 is the rating they got? Who gave them this rating? The president of the Universe? Or was it the Finland President Man?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2015, 12:38:15 am »
Witcher games and Portal games are also considered ''great'' games lel

Well for the first witchers I kinda agree, shitty overrated games imo, third one tho

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
CONSPIRACY
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2015, 01:33:22 am »
+1
Fallout 4 details that was released almost a year ago!
Looking at the trailer.....i think this all looks true!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/?sort=new
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net