Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89567 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #885 on: November 21, 2015, 12:09:06 pm »
Thats kinda the whole point of the games plots these days. No full on evil and no full on good. Only people thinking that they are doing whats necessary.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #886 on: November 21, 2015, 01:15:40 pm »
That's cos black and white villains isn't cool any more.

It's why every single fucking game is multiple choice open world. Sometimes a simple straight line story is great (The Last of Us).

It's all open world with multiple grey questlines where you don't know if anyone is good or evil, just "agendas".

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 21, 2015, 02:32:53 pm »
+1
might be good to put that into spoilers, i dont think everyones finished with the main story

(click to show/hide)

the minutemen ending is quite neutral. the most stays as it is.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 21, 2015, 06:19:49 pm »
I enjoy the BoS generic quests, showing fanatical young squires how to kill mutans and raider trash, and massacring innocent farmers and expropriating their produce in the name of the greater cause. In fact, I think FO4 has the best portrayal of the BoS of any Fallout game.

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 21, 2015, 08:20:03 pm »
+1
All 3 factions are plain nutjobs (Minutemen being passive and not actually counting as a faction). They all claim to want the best for mankind but employ the wackiest methods to reach that goal. BoS still seemed to be the best choice or the lesser evil. I guess Maxon's tirade about how technology was being misused to harm rather than do good was my reason to go with them.

I still hate it that picking one of the factions means obliterating the two others though.

Yea i picked institute after the "we are good really" speech, then next thing they are telling me i have to kill everyone else because its the only way
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #890 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:59 pm »

A mod that some people like myself might find useful, it decodes the dialog system into actual sentences. Why the hell can't they of just done this in the first place.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D1235%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D3410725&pUp=1

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #891 on: November 21, 2015, 10:53:13 pm »
+2
Made my second char, going to re-play focusing on "teamwork" with followers and automatic weapons. Have a high Charisma and Intelligence this time.
Looking forward to DLCs and mods. Perks need some balancing it seems - too many nearly useless or very situational, while some are hard to skip for any char. Makes replay value somewhat lower compared to other Bethesda games...

(click to show/hide)

Cherry Doll - made her as hot as i could :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 22, 2015, 03:31:46 pm »
+2
So anyone got the 2077 or 2076 world championship baseball bat (or whatever the fuck its called), gives you a slight chance to send enemies flying when you hit them.

Gave this to a companion, just running around smacking things when suddenly loud cheers and clapping goes off and i see this super mutant flying backwards  :lol:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #894 on: November 22, 2015, 04:05:02 pm »
+5

This makes me wanna play the game, and become the ultimate junkie. So many drugs in fo4 Kreygasm

Also someone fixed the plastic face animations to realistic immersive ones

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:09:50 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 22, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »
So anyone got the 2077 or 2076 world championship baseball bat (or whatever the fuck its called), gives you a slight chance to send enemies flying when you hit them.

Gave this to a companion, just running around smacking things when suddenly loud cheers and clapping goes off and i see this super mutant flying backwards  :lol:
Used it for a bit just to see this happens, but after killing like 30 things without seeing it trigger once, I switched back to the Grognak Axe.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #896 on: November 23, 2015, 12:03:38 am »
+1
Modified super sledge master race  :)

Well, here's my 2 cents after 70+ hours:

• Storyline was disappointing (was anyone surprised? It's a Bethesda game).
  • Combat kinda sucks. Although I'm playing pure melee. I've heard the gun play is alright.
  • There are some annoying bugs and glitches like getting stuck at terminals (was anyone surprised? It's a Bethesda game).
  • The map is fun to explore for the most part, with a few hidden gems.
  • Graphics are really nice in some areas, although terrible in others.
  • Too many quests to go somewhere and kill everything.
  • Dialogue options suck, especially compared to the first 2 games.

Still a good game IMO. The Commonwealth is a bit bland in some areas, but I'm having fun exploring it. For me, it's not as good as New Vegas, and it's certainly no where near the quality of the first 2 games (but I'm a nostalgic fan boy).

7.5/10 Nuka Colas

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 23, 2015, 12:28:31 am »
Tried the ripper? I think it's the most effective of the high-tier melee weapons (for example Shishkebab, Grognark's Axe, Super Sledge, Kremvh's Tooth etc.) because it does continual damage with no down time therefore multiplying the chance for disarming and staggering opponents (especially if you aim for the head which is easy with this type of attack). The low base damage is an illusion because of its very fast attack speed and constant damage output. Modded and with melee perks and high strength it's often the strongest weapon in my arsenal, and I'm otherwise focusing on pistols and rifles.

Of course, the super sledge looks cool and is fun to use, but the ripper feels like using the chainsaw in Doom II except that in FO4 you actually saw things into little pieces.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #898 on: November 23, 2015, 02:14:06 am »
+4
Modified super sledge master race  :)

Well, here's my 2 cents after 70+ hours:

• Storyline was disappointing (was anyone surprised? It's a Bethesda game).
  • Combat kinda sucks. Although I'm playing pure melee. I've heard the gun play is alright.
  • There are some annoying bugs and glitches like getting stuck at terminals (was anyone surprised? It's a Bethesda game).
  • The map is fun to explore for the most part, with a few hidden gems.
  • Graphics are really nice in some areas, although terrible in others.
  • Too many quests to go somewhere and kill everything.
  • Dialogue options suck, especially compared to the first 2 games.

Still a good game IMO. The Commonwealth is a bit bland in some areas, but I'm having fun exploring it. For me, it's not as good as New Vegas, and it's certainly no where near the quality of the first 2 games (but I'm a nostalgic fan boy).

7.5/10 Nuka Colas

I agree with this review for the most part.

(click to show/hide)

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #899 on: November 23, 2015, 06:25:44 am »
Just find an enchanted laser pistol, chance to stagger enemies. Put on an auto barrel and beam splitter. Got find something big to test this on now.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey