Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63561 times)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:36 pm »
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2016, 02:15:51 pm »
Done a quick look at all of the factions, minus the Orcs.

Doing a coop campaign as Vampire counts and loving them so far, the attrition and corruption isnt too OP nor does it fuck you over, just requires you to plan ahead a bit more. Empire is the tutorial campaign for the first ~5-10 turns, but i fucked myself over by trying to form too many confederations and somehow getting 2 dwarven factions and Middenheim to come invade my lands, not a good idea. Dwarves are a good laugh except their missile units are ridiculously powerful, and the infantry are pretty tough, hardly taking any casualties due to high armour and melee defence.

But the biggest disappointment is definitely chaos. Although their units look the best and they have some of the best units in the game, the campaign is just too boring. Im not a big fan of hordes anyways but Chaos campaigns are too quick, I find it is literally, move raid, move raid, move raid and in the beginning its chaos units v marauders so theres very little challenge. But thats just my opinion on Chaos as i really do not like the horde movement or factions ways.

But id place vamps top, then dwarves so far. But loving the game all in all, much smoother, AI are actually smart in this one, doing flanking attacks, attacking their strong vs weak units, and the AI on the campaign map actually uses stances and their armies in a smartish fashion.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2016, 03:43:51 pm »
+1
Imagine a new Medieval setting, or the English Civil War, or the American Civil War, or the European wars of religion, or the Victorian Age, even WWI if they could make it work etc. don't tell me you wouldn't be interested ;) In my opionion CA really needs to make Total War: Victoria.

Napoleon: Total War with Darthmod provides a nice amount of challenge with ridiculously epic awesome looking battles with fun gameplay.

Fought several battles with that mod with roughly 30k-35k soldiers on the screen that end in a ton of melee fights as my troops ran out of ammo. N:TW is one of the coolest Total Wars, I think.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2016, 04:34:14 pm »
I don't like most of Darth's changes to be honest, but I've scripted my unit sizes larger myself. And yes, NTW is probably my favourite Total War game, aswell.

Just bought Warhammer and it's good, but I'm getting less and less patient with fantasy settings as I get older, especially classic high-magic or the cartoony kind.

Looking forward to the next historical game in the series.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:37:40 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #304 on: May 26, 2016, 04:50:49 pm »
Kicked Archaon the Everchosen arse, well the first wave. Caused quite a bit of damage/displacement with my Hellfire rockets, Crossbows and Ginger Wizard as they marched up the sloping hill toward me. Killed his giant units with my Halberds and Crossbows, held the main line with my Swordsmen vs the rest. Used my two Reiksguard cavalry to attack his cavalry on both flanks and swarmed Archaon with Karl Franz and Greatswords and butchered him pretty quickly with a helping hand of the Ginger Wizards weapon damage buff.

Though according to what I have seen a lot of other players saying, is that the second time he comes he is OP lol, one guy said he was practically invincible but I am not sure if that was a bug or not. I am going to expand over the razed ruins the Chaos had left and use them as a barrier for a fighting retreat back towards my main province, funnily enough during that Chaos invasion, all the main factions except the Greenskins became my ally, yes even Vampires strangely enough lol, plus a ton of smaller ones are licking my arse too. Vampires are also buddy buddy with Dwarfs. I am hoping that if I can remain friends with the Vampires, the next time Chaos comes we can kick their arse again. Though I have a feeling that now Chaos has gone, they might suddenly become hostile again, I guess we'll see.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 26, 2016, 05:44:11 pm »
Yeah, I've also been helped against Chaos by the vampires in my Empire campaign. I was down south with my main forces, wrecking Ork lands, when he invaded. Appeared on my borders (not too far from vamp lands), then got his path blocked by a few undead stacks. He destroyed them, but not without taking enough losses for combined Bretonnian/Southern Kingdom forces to be able to mop up the remains. I was actually getting stressed over that invasion for a bit :lol:
I'm not actually friends with the vamps, I'm neutral (though they do keep asking for a NAP every 2nd turn or so)...

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:56 pm »
Anyone had a WAAAGH! yet?

That shit is kinda frightening :(
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2016, 09:42:36 pm »
 I was going to play Orc because I do like Orcs, but also wanted to test out the Waaaaagh, but I have seen a lot of Orc players complaining about it, saying it has actually fucked them up using it. It can have a target but a lot of them were complaining saying it will randomly target and OCCUPY settlements it takes, when they really did not want to occupy that certain settlement, with seemingly no option to abandon or raze a settlement you own, I can see why that would be frustrating. Randomness of the Waaaagh does make sense, but occupying every settlement it defeats seems stupid, surely the Waaaagh would just either sack or raze it.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 26, 2016, 09:46:45 pm »
I had in my Dwarven campaign and it basically killed me.

2 full stacks with advanced units rampaging through my lands.
At some point I timed 2 of my armies to intercept it, manage to fight one off and weaken the 2nd. But you don't have to only deal with the WAAAGH! but also with the normal Greenskin faction. They are separate factions in the turn order. Both together made me rage quit the campaign.

Now I play Vampire :?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2016, 10:11:02 pm »
I did defeat a Waaagh as Empire, when the Orcs basically controlled all the south-east territory (apart from a couple of Dwarven holds in the very south-east corner), had like 6+ stacks in a single blob ready to cross into Empire lands :D

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2016, 10:26:39 pm »
I had in my Dwarven campaign and it basically killed me.

2 full stacks with advanced units rampaging through my lands.
At some point I timed 2 of my armies to intercept it, manage to fight one off and weaken the 2nd. But you don't have to only deal with the WAAAGH! but also with the normal Greenskin faction. They are separate factions in the turn order. Both together made me rage quit the campaign.

Now I play Vampire :?

Dwarfs are cucks to big green cocks. Vampires are cooler, Dwarfs are your bog standard stereotypical "Dwarf tank" faction, obviously for a reason, but I find that quite boring now. Vampires have cooler units and more interesting mechanics, welll that's all in my own opinion of course. Mannfred Von Carstein is a badass, he beats Karl Franz in melee 1v1, both with best flying mounts, well he did in each of my tests anyway, with abilities popping on both heroes, plus he is a spellcaster too. I think will probably do the Vampire campaign myself, getting a little bored of my Empire one, will probably be good to learn the units better, as in Multiplayer the best armies/players I have faced always seem to be the Vampire armies, powerful and cheesy lol.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2016, 12:26:59 am »
...went with Kemmler and I regret it now. Needs to be babysit all the time since he's so weak in melee. :/

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 27, 2016, 08:29:43 am »
+1
Can always unlock Von Carstein or just restart, I would aim to do one of those asap though because I am quite sure from what I have read that Von Carstein gets access to the same spells as Kemmler. In fact he also gets the Vampire lore spells, and can have a zombie dragon mount. Basically you can make him a beast in melee and give him a few decent spells from vampire and death lores, making him far better than Kemmler.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:37:30 am by Leesin »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:41 am »
Yea, I'll probably just restart with von Carstein.
Especially the mounts... :o

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2016, 02:20:37 pm »
...went with Kemmler and I regret it now. Needs to be babysit all the time since he's so weak in melee. :/

It could be a nice way to challenge yourself though? From what I've heard, AI is still a bit easy to outmanoeuver in battle.