Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23857 times)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2015, 11:38:11 pm »
+4
good thing no one's gonna ask him about mbg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »
+6
Well good thing no crpg player has a real life, or real friends... not like any pissed off players will be able to spread the word to too many.  :lol:

For those wondering, the crpg dev team has gotten pseudo-active again, despite the fact that of course real life is always a bother and getting in the way. There will be changes made in the near future (to both the team's structure and crpg too) and things have already happened to get the ball rolling.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2015, 11:57:48 pm »
+1
In what sense do they shit on it? They just handed over control to people who care for it and had time to work on it and you hated the patch those people made
So people who "care" updated game with a patch that took 2 patches itself to get fixed and it's still broken, and we have to wait like half a year again to fix the bugs of the patch itself, while people keep leaving the mod for the reason that it is inhaling massive amount of dick at this state it is?They make a standalone game themselves.I believe if they had any skill at making a game which they do,im sure it would take them some hours of 1 single day to spot the bugs and fix them.Why we all have to be here cock fighting and discuss how broken the game is while they can do that?

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2015, 11:59:34 pm »
+6
Even though I don't like changes time to time, I really appreciate the effort of those who have worked and are still working on this mod by doing maintenance, patches, items, balancing etc. This is the game that I played the most in my entire life and I would like to thank everyone who contributed into this mod. If you're reading this lines, you rock!

Also I disagree with Harpag, maintaining this mod has nothing to do with their new game and they should focus 100% into the new one. New players won't even try cRPG before buying the game so I think even if cRPG was completely broken it wouldn't hurt the reputation of the project. Being the successor of cRPG doesn't mean a lot to the common folk and thats where they should aim for.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2015, 12:03:54 am »
+4
whereas i'm sure the people who only play for competitive skillbased ranked shit

Wait, whoa.  People actually took the 'skillbased' aspect seriously?  For years I thought this was just a fun troll mod

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2165
  • Infamy: 1599
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2015, 12:08:20 am »
+4
There are other animations like this, and plenty of other cool stuff we can do with more animations.

You'll just piss off even more people if you fiddle with polearm animations. That is where most former 2H players went to. Not that I care about polearm, I don't use them anyway.

I agree native is fluid, but it's far from perfect.

Being fluid is the key and reason for legendary status of Warband multiplayer. Your animations aren't fluid, they feel like they came from some Warband knockoff. If you can improve, that is great. You'll become great candidate to work on M:BG animations. But if you can't get them to desired level, please don't mess with M:BG.

It would be great if quality of work was the reason why someone becomes part of chadz's team and not being good buddy and stuff.

Another example of free, non payed work in Linux kernel contribution. That is awfully important part of tech for whole industry and beyond. And people who lead that project are true bastards who will take a huge dump on someone's hard work if they find that work not to be up to standard.

Wish there was similar quality control going on in here. It is really stupid that ordinary player have to complain and point out flaws when they can appoint someone who's job would be to tell what is wrong with the mod. So far that doesn't work very well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:12:29 am by Leshma »

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2015, 12:25:09 am »
+2
Even though I don't like changes time to time, I really appreciate the effort of those who have worked and are still working on this mod by doing maintenance, patches, items, balancing etc. This is the game that I played the most in my entire life and I would like to thank everyone who contributed into this mod. If you're reading this lines, you rock!

Also I disagree with Harpag, maintaining this mod has nothing to do with their new game and they should focus 100% into the new one. New players won't even try cRPG before buying the game so I think even if cRPG was completely broken it wouldn't hurt the reputation of the project. Being the successor of cRPG doesn't mean a lot to the common folk and thats where they should aim for.

On some issues, I also disagree with Harpag, but sometimes there is no better way to gaining attention of right people, than get into polemic  :wink:

Perhaps my hypothesis is wrong. But what if not? Recalculate.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2015, 01:17:14 am »
+2
Summing up this, and closing.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1019
  • Infamy: 2553
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2015, 02:27:20 am »
+1
The guy with goatee in the background looks like chadz.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2015, 03:53:44 am »
+7
You'll just piss off even more people if you fiddle with polearm animations. That is where most former 2H players went to. Not that I care about polearm, I don't use them anyway.

Being fluid is the key and reason for legendary status of Warband multiplayer. Your animations aren't fluid, they feel like they came from some Warband knockoff. If you can improve, that is great. You'll become great candidate to work on M:BG animations. But if you can't get them to desired level, please don't mess with M:BG.

It would be great if quality of work was the reason why someone becomes part of chadz's team and not being good buddy and stuff.

Another example of free, non payed work in Linux kernel contribution. That is awfully important part of tech for whole industry and beyond. And people who lead that project are true bastards who will take a huge dump on someone's hard work if they find that work not to be up to standard.

Wish there was similar quality control going on in here. It is really stupid that ordinary player have to complain and point out flaws when they can appoint someone who's job would be to tell what is wrong with the mod. So far that doesn't work very well.

I'm pretty sure I've only communicated with chadz once, and that was about a 5 line chat on IRC.
About the same with CMP.

I'm strictly the CRPG item manager, I have nothing to do with M:BG.
I was brought on due to my knowledge of the warband module system, nothing more.
(I was approached by Tydeus, who I had little to no contact with before)

I'll take any and all suggestions for my 2h animation in my 2h thread in the suggestions forum.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2015, 02:37:56 pm »
+4
That idiotic blabling will hurt that project more than you can think off.
Some of that nabbheads just cant understand that attention of donkey crew must be on MBG no matter what now.
Every day hour fucking cost, and they don't have that much money.

There is no game breaking bugs, WSE need to be repaired but there is really no hurry for that.

And don't give me shit that peps dont play C-RPG anymore because of some devs or whatever game breaking shit.
Majority of players left because they played long enough.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2015, 03:06:09 pm »
+4
I go away for one weekend and come to back to this shit thread...

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2015, 03:14:59 pm »
+2
I go away for one weekend and come to back to this shit thread...

dont leave us again

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2015, 03:17:19 pm »
+4
So what you suggest they should do? I for one don't want them to further delay development of M:BG because of crpg, would be wasted time.

I agree, so they should leave crpg in a working state...why would you release updates if you aren't going to be available to clean up anything that gets fucked up from the update? 

It's called the most basic of logic and common sense.  At least roll back to a previous update if you aren't going to fix the one released weeks/months ago. 

To answer your question directly: Because M:BG does everything cRPG does, just better. Why would we continue developing the predecessor if M:BG will be better in every single way? Especially if continuing work on cRPG might mean that M:BG will not get finished?

M:BG will render cRPG obsolete.

Why would you keep releasing updates to a mod you're not supporting? I 100% agree that all of your time and effort should be on M:BG, but you released a broken update on the last update and it's been like that for weeks or months now.    Don't release updates if you aren't going to support it...a roll back to a previous version would be my preferred approach, looks pretty janky whenever I play and helmets are still fucked up.

If the current community devs can't fix what they borked, then just roll the version back...seems like the logical thing to do (and then maybe leave it in that working state).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:23:39 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »
+1
Wait, whoa.  People actually took the 'skillbased' aspect seriously?  For years I thought this was just a fun troll mod

Trolling the mod doesnt make it a troll mod. Or, well, it does to you. I guess thats the beauty of the mod that it is what people make it, some love the competative aspect, some trolling.. And both sides seem to dislike the others and cant at all understand eachother. You can make jokes about try hards and competative scene, but actually ignoring it and not thinking its a thing is just another level of stupid.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA