Author Topic: Fuck brocoding  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2726
  • Infamy: 2834
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Fuck brocoding
« on: March 15, 2015, 01:47:22 am »
+11
It is the worst disease know to Calradian man. It literally, singlehandedly killed this mod day by of day of allowing that bullshit on servers.

No, I do not fucking appreciate when you ignore me on the battlefield because you fancy me for whatever reason. I'm not online to be fancied, I'm there to have fun playing the game the way it is meant to be played. If you are bored or annoyed with cRPG for whatever reason, please leave the server. I'll do the same if I notice this shit behavior, until there is less than 4 brocoders present on server where they can't get multi. But what multi, they don't need multi? They play for fun. Yer right...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 2272
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck brocoding
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:12:30 am »
+1
Mod can't be revived at this point. And it isn't crusade, just using my right to start topics and show my disgust at brocoding. Which is kinda stupid because forums are in state where I'm basically talking to myself...

Meh multi. That is rather easy to obtain, a bit harder to hold though. But again, you get it easy way. Not like I'm going to play competitive game modes while there are people brocoding.

Haven't you noticed that Krems are absent from DTV? That is perfect mode for them to express their love for different, more refreshing gameplay.

If it was about different gameplay and not actual hatred towards this community because "someone forced them" to invest 1000s hours into this mod and now they are entitled to ruin it for everybody else. This mod is consisted of 95% primadonas like that, I can spot my kind easily.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:42 am »
+3
It is the worst disease know to Calradian man. It literally, singlehandedly killed this mod day by of day of allowing that bullshit on servers.

No, I do not fucking appreciate when you ignore me on the battlefield because you fancy me for whatever reason. I'm not online to be fancied, I'm there to have fun playing the game the way it is meant to be played. If you are bored or annoyed with cRPG for whatever reason, please leave the server. I'll do the same if I notice this shit behavior, until there is less than 4 brocoders present on server where they can't get multi. But what multi, they don't need multi? They play for fun. Yer right...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 10:00:10 am »
Mod can't be revived at this point. And it isn't crusade, just using my right to start topics and show my disgust at brocoding. Which is kinda stupid because forums are in state where I'm basically talking to myself...

Meh multi. That is rather easy to obtain, a bit harder to hold though. But again, you get it easy way. Not like I'm going to play competitive game modes while there are people brocoding.

Haven't you noticed that Krems are absent from DTV? That is perfect mode for them to express their love for different, more refreshing gameplay.

If it was about different gameplay and not actual hatred towards this community because "someone forced them" to invest 1000s hours into this mod and now they are entitled to ruin it for everybody else. This mod is consisted of 95% primadonas like that, I can spot my kind easily.

I hear ya, unfortunately it takes a full 2 ban posts on forums to get someone banned for pacifism while what we actually need is admins atleast playing a little bit so that they can ban brocoding. Like a year ago barabe scum were brocoding to the absolute max potential, nothing happened. And back then the servers were actually decently populated still, but no admins ofcourse.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:07:03 am »
+6
General rules

No exploiting of any kind
        NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
        NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
        NOT OK: Leaving and rejoining to server to spawn more than once in a round
    No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round (teamkilling friends after a round ends is allowed, teamkilling random people is not)
        NOT OK: killing the Viscount to change map
    No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)
    No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
        OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover.
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation to search for ammo

No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing, spamming...)
    No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll
        OK: poll-kicking a leecher
        OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle
    No leeching
        OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
        NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
        NOT OK: Running around without no weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute. This point does not apply to Rageball, as long as you are actually playing the game.
        NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
    Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
        OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
        NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
        NOT OK: using a siege shield to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
        NOT OK: camping unreachable places
        NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
        NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
        NOT OK: ladderpulting
    No siege equipment spam
        OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
        OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
        OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
        NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement
    If you're stuck, change team to spectators or rejoin the server, otherwise you will be considered a leecher.
I made the only usable part bold but I kinda don't see where it says bro-coding is a ban'able offense.

I kinda know where you're coming from with this but to say "BOOHOOO I WON'T PLAY ANY MORE CUZ BROCODING!" is just silly.
It used to worse when clan mates would give the last 2 of their clan free hits end round cuz they were in the losing team and got valour that way. That is/was exploiting in my book. Seen several times from Eques, Byz and Mercs (see the pattern there?)
Just giving the other guy a hug at round end is harmless and doesn't really hurt anyone when not overdone.

I certainly won't ban anyone for a harmless hug at the end. And when it takes too long I usually do a *cough* over admin chat and they get on with it. End of story.

Edit:
Also...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 11:18:48 am »
+1
I made the only usable part bold but I kinda don't see where it says bro-coding is a ban'able offense.

I kinda know where you're coming from with this but to say "BOOHOOO I WON'T PLAY ANY MORE CUZ BROCODING!" is just silly.
It used to worse when clan mates would give the last 2 of their clan free hits end round cuz they were in the losing team and got valour that way. That is/was exploiting in my book. Seen several times from Eques, Byz and Mercs (see the pattern there?)
Just giving the other guy a hug at round end is harmless and doesn't really hurt anyone when not overdone.

I certainly won't ban anyone for a harmless hug at the end. And when it takes too long I usually do a *cough* over admin chat and they get on with it. End of story.

Edit:
Also...

No way you saw byzantiums do that, our first prio was hunting eachother when put on different teams. Must've been done by some noname quick recruits then... I dont think i ever saw mercs do it either.

As for the rules, you missed the first big one, common sense. Barabe at one point were playing like 4 horse archers, one got switched, the others didnt attack him even though he was one of the last ones alive with nothing else to hunt him, he then shot their horses for free points and kept going untill out of arrows. If this isnt bannable i dont know what is, but like i said no admins on to enforce it. This was a long time a go though. Now we see some people just ignoring eachother as enemies, i dont see how this shouldnt be bannable because if i have a teammate by my side as im approaching an enemy, i will adapt and expect that teammate to help.

Hugging at the end is just beyond me, delays the game and this happens often enough to just make me GTX at first sight because it will not stop untill they leave. A casual hug once a week can be fine, but when you hug every single round for more than a minute, sometimes forcing people to watch because delaying.. i wish i had the banhammer in my inventory.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:07:00 pm »
+1
Quote from:  
General rules

No exploiting of any kind
        NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
        NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
        NOT OK: Leaving and rejoining to server to spawn more than once in a round
    No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round (teamkilling friends after a round ends is allowed, teamkilling random people is not)
        NOT OK: killing the Viscount to change map
    No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)
    No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
        OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover.
        NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation to search for ammo
    No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll
        OK: poll-kicking a leecher
        OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
        NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle
    No leeching
        OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
        NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
        NOT OK: Running around without no weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute. This point does not apply to Rageball, as long as you are actually playing the game.
        NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
    Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
        OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
        NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
        NOT OK: using a siege shield to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
        NOT OK: camping unreachable places
        NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
        NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
        NOT OK: ladderpulting
    No siege equipment spam
        OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
        OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
        OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
        NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement
    If you're stuck, change team to spectators or rejoin the server, otherwise you will be considered a leecher.

Brocoding at the end is delaying even if it is not mentioned in the examples (examples are called examples because not every single thing is mentioned). It simply prolonges the round without fighting or anny atempt of killing the oponent.

Making a whole server waiting for the last ones to stop fucking around and ending the round is obviously griefing. (otherwise nobody would have to announce their grief on forum.)

So please if the rules are stated read them closely.

Now you can go on discussing whether the rules should be enforced or not.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:11:49 pm by Utrakil »

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 12:20:11 pm »
+4
Bro Coding is a fucking waste of time and should be bannable.

Scenarios of bro coding, that have been occurring for a long damn time now.

1. Group of players working together and fighting. Hostile player/s approach the group and suddenly half the group breaks off and watches the rest of the group fight. Afterwards the enemy and your supposedly teammates are standing by each other not doing any thing.

That is fucking unacceptable when you can't even count on your own teammates to play the game.

2. Majority of players die within the first two minutes. Now all that's left is a bunch of bundle of stickss who grab ass until the clock is down to one minute.

Really, this game is torn apart and going to hell each and every time these players get away with this nonsense. Melee Battlegrounds isn't going to become a game if the only people that know about are playing this! The population isn't dying because of the game being old, it's dying because no one can play the game while assholes are delaying the rounds and deliberately griefing against their own teammates.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 12:35:23 pm »
+2
we had the same discussion with the voicecommand spamming.
even though the rules clearly state:
the group of people enjoying the voicespam was to big and supported by active admins.
for this reason the rules were never enforced and people who wanted something to be done were defamed.

Same goes with brocoding. As long as the offenders are sceaming louder than the silence minority that is annoyed by them nothing will be done.
Only possible way would be banposts for every single incident because admins can't really ignore them.
I myselve don't care enough to go trough the process of writing banposts but if somebody really wants to change something that is the way to go.

I guess we will enjoy the decay of this game in anarchy. Sad this is but there are simply not enough fucks given about this mod anymore.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 247
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »

Silly? Aren't you the one who used to play this mod every goddamn day few years ago, just like 1000's other people. Did you play it because it was full of "fun" trolls or because there was a bunch of people who cared about gameplay?

You obviously seldom play it these days, even though you are part of marvelous Krems clan of fun. How come that happens, when you finally find a group of awesome people you stop regularly playing? Or maybe they are not as awesome as they think they are?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 02:28:58 pm »
+2
lets all hug leshy when we see her on the field :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 02:40:03 pm »
lets all hug leshy when we see him on the field :D
i think..?  :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 1210
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:15 pm »
+1
lets all hug leshy when we see her on the field :D

You can hug me in DTV all the time.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 03:29:17 pm »
+6
Lol, more people than just Leshma *genuinely* believe that brocoding and chat spamming are the reason why the mod has fewer players now?

Ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah

Wow

I sure hope devs tackle this massive epidemic for M:BG, imagine if people joined that game and some people were hanging out with their mates, or spamming voice commands. I know i'd quit immediately in those circumstances, i can only imagine everyone else would do the same and that the game would SORELY miss our presence.

We all want to find reasons to the death of this mod and desperately counteract it, some think its balancing issues, others community toxicity. TBH, i dont think theres any other reason but age and boredom, which really cant be stopped. I always return even with delayers making me rq anyways.

So dont laugh, instead, appreciate the efforts of desperate people loving the mod T_T