Poll

How do you feel about the new 2h stab animation?

Keep it
Revert it
I'm not sure.

Author Topic: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.  (Read 25655 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2015, 08:32:06 pm »
good joke

HERE WE GO

u really want me to do the pros vs cons of str vs agi?
fuck no

ur not worth my time (hehe)
but seriously, outside of fighting with a strong group ingaging in clusterfuck warfare, agi has str beat hands down HANDS FUCKING DOWN.

u lose ur group, u get swarmed. u cannot fight 5 people at once while S-Keying, and u sure as fuck cant run away from a fight u dont think u can win, only to run back and backstab the guy.

agi can take decent dmg, can deal VERY good dmg, can run away, can fight 5 people while S-keying, can block and manuver for days...no

Gravoth...just no...ur dead fucking wrong m8, str = destroyed. ( especially 3 agi str whores...there are people who still run it...like Dabirds...and who may get a couple lucky swings in, the rest of the time....he gets overwhelmed by spam )

...ur wrong.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2015, 09:34:49 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Most people are balance or str builds now, atleast most 2h heroes. Tank more, deal more damage, movespeed not too different while fighting, but running away isnt really possible. Dodging ranged is the same str or agi, ive tried both and i honestly feel i get shot more as agi build. Str can also use everything now, while agi is limited. Unless you go below 15 agi, str is superior in nearly every way.

With op admin damage report tool i can see the insane damage strength builds do, compared to the unreliable weak agi whore damage.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2015, 10:25:26 pm »
+5
FYI 2H stab animation is going to be reverted back to native(Senni_ti's decision) next patch.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2015, 10:29:29 pm »
+1
FYI 2H stab animation is going to be reverted back to native(Senni_ti's decision) next patch.

Thank you both.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2015, 10:31:04 pm »
+1

So... can polearm stab be buffed now?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #351 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:41 pm »
+4

No, but there will be some tweeks to the native 2H stab so it's not as op as before.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #352 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:43 pm »
+2

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2015, 05:52:19 am »

Someday.... mebbe
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2015, 06:17:46 am »
+3
No, but there will be some tweeks to the native 2H stab so it's not as op as before.

Interested in seeing what's done with it. You've got me waiting on the edge of my seat for this patch.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2015, 12:40:56 pm »
+1
If that is true... I lost faith in you. All of it.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2015, 01:05:29 pm »
+2
Revert 2h stab, improve polearm left swing, give 1h a 2 or 3 overall damage buff and remove turnrate nerf. Fix lag/ping and possibly reduce average level to 30-32 ish. Thats what i think would buff every melee class to an equal point.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2015, 01:21:55 pm »
+1

I would reduce the duration on the stun the attacker gets after a blocked stab.  Perhaps on all weapon's as being unable to block a quick counter from the opponent generally leaves me hesitant to stab without skey.

Revert 2h stab, improve polearm left swing, give 1h a 2 or 3 overall damage buff and remove turnrate nerf. Fix lag/ping and possibly reduce average level to 30-32 ish. Thats what i think would buff every melee class to an equal point.

I think the current leveling system is good, prior to this change the game felt too slow and nerfed.  With the current lvl system every class seems to have a niche that makes them op in some respect and weak in another, additionally higher lvl 33+ were much more op then the 37+ is.  The damage on 1h is fine especially considering the speed bonus, the fact that they can use shields and the reach with the right swing and stab.  I agree with some sort of wpf penalty or buff relative to ping though not being a code junky I have no Idea how viable that is.  I also never really considered 2h stab op in the first place.  If the turn rate is unnerfed is should only be done so in moderation.

Nerf throwing.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:48:24 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2015, 01:47:42 pm »
+2
NOOOO!  :shock:
Please tell me you are joking  :o

I really like the new stab, eventhough i know i would score better with the old one. Thats the main mistake in most arguments imo, that people only argue for effectiveness and never immersiveness! Never really trying to embrace and appreciate the new thing the way it is itsellf, always comparing back to the old (which btw they had crieed about the same way they do now with the new stab!).
Giving in to those arguments is a sign for me that we are degenerating into a playership of foolish, overoptimizing damage and score whores. It saddens me, that we cant reach a balance between beauty and score-whoring by ourselfs(meaning: independently from the native game) - but we go for score and thereby blocking the way for new and future creativity  in the mod.
For me the new stab is perfect in its own way, making a succecssful hit way more gratifying than the old one, feeling clumbsy and hard to pull off but physically correct and looking good still  - and because its not a nobrainer insta kill with no relation to a physical process!

SIMPLY SAD!   :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:15:26 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 17, 2015, 03:02:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

^ a bunch of awful words...i should prob fully wake up b4 posting, but fuck it...people like u are the reason people like me hate the game.

u have to understand...some people, arnt lame ass lonely racist frenchmans who come here cuz they have no irl friends.

some of us come here to play only to, fight, to dominate, to win.

idk how or when computer games or gaming in general became this big social thing, where the objective went from winning to playing to make friends \ having a online place to hangout, or w.e. the fuck...its lame, go outside ffs.

i am competitive gamer, i play hard, and i play to win, i collect tears, and i drink them for everlasting youth ( or some shit, does it matter what they do? they taste GREAT! )
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE