Author Topic: Post kick starter  (Read 6609 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Post kick starter
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:29:59 am »
+4
Just thought I'd toss an idea into the ring. Hopefully it's inoffensive...

What if you guys roll out the alpha earlier and we as a community push the whole thing strat included over and just ditch c-rpg. Perhaps we could all pay a very small monthly fee to play say 2 USD or what have you. It's not much and probably not enough but it's option :/ perhaps a terrible one.

What ideas do you (community writ large) have?
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

pogosan

Re: Post kick starter
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:42 pm »
+6

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1841
  • Infamy: 935
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 02:00:33 pm »
+3
Early-access rules recently changed. It's not easy to get into program as before but I think they won't have any issues since they have playable product.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:44:09 pm »
+1
Well there are many options some are less or more risky. But as I see what could be done for example. Starting smaller ks goal spread the more word, get some community pr team at least and organize them better. Along with steam alpha access. And if there is some smaller amount of money missing you can get a loan from russian bank since they will go bankrupt soon. And let's not forget funding button on the melee web page.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:56:25 pm »
+1
Steam Early Access / Greenlight imo, and just develop as you receive a steady flow of income (hopefully). I'm not sure what the rules are for getting your game on Steam Early Access / Greenlight these days, but it's imo one of the better options compared to Kickstarters and other founding shit that might completely fail.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1944
  • Infamy: 1757
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »
Hope that going greenlight/early-access means we'll get to play alpha a bit more seriously, not just testing stuff. Doesn't have to be polished as current cRPG but something akin early buggy cRPG would be awesome. Something is telling me they found a publisher and won't go another round of crowdfunding or steam greenlight, which sucks because in that case we'll have to wait for beta.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:42 pm »
+2
Selling private shares to backers might work. I'm sure there's at least one finance lawyer in the playerbase who would help figure the details out.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:15 am »
+2
It might be worth doing a Kickstarter re-do when the team is better prepared for marketing their game.

Walking into it, hoping to do it all on the fly was unfortunately naive. An advertising campaign needs a good plan, a sensible structure and schedule and it needs to be bulletproof. You can't do that if you're making it up as you go along.

I think having a web store offering various payment methods for kickstarter-like rewards is a must, whether the team tries Kickstarter again or not.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 01:50:33 am »
+1
I still want to give you my moneys. Point me in the right direction on when/where/how to give you them. If you wanted to do a monthly subscription I would definitely devote a bit of my income your way to support the project each month.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 12:52:29 pm »
+13
The most important thing now is to keep a cool head, consider all options, and make calm and rational decisions. What we are not going to do is make a quick hasty unplanned "let's at least grab the money from the community" attempt. The kickstarter failed for reasons, and it's important to study those results. There is a lot of valuable information burried in this campaign that we have to undig.

So don't expect any concrete plans from us this month (year). We need to plan what we can do, whats the best way of getting there, and how much funds we need for that, etc etc.

So stay calm, relax, and enjoy the show for now :)

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 01:12:31 pm »
+4
Hope you're planning on having a relaxing holiday.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »
+3
make a quick hasty unplanned "let's at least grab the money from the community" attempt.

honorable donkey.

Yet: it might be worth running one or more smaller campaign(s) (and not this "all or nothing" bs) on indiegogo, patreon, or similar, where they allow "flexible funding" and/or recurring payments, so you guys don't become skinny like an old Hermit...

Would also help to spread the word on different platforms and buy the time to come back to Kickstarter with a bang in a few months (with a bit more press/social media preparation, maybe, errrm, just saying...).
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1705
  • Infamy: 1802
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »
+4
Kickstarter isn't dead for video games. Shadowrun: Hong Kong from Harebrained Schemes (they already had successful Kickstarter two year ago and released two very good games) collected over 400000 USD in 48 hours, their goal was 100000 USD.

Reason for M:BG failure can't be just Kickstarter, there is obviously something else that led to it. You need better marketing, real hype and people who can pull it off.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 05:49:46 pm »
+3
Kickstarter isn't dead for video games. Shadowrun: Hong Kong from Harebrained Schemes (they already had successful Kickstarter two year ago and released two very good games) collected over 400000 USD in 48 hours, their goal was 100000 USD.

Reason for M:BG failure can't be just Kickstarter, there is obviously something else that led to it. You need better marketing, real hype and people who can pull it off.

"The team that brought you the award-winning Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is back with an all new, full length standalone cyberpunk tactical cRPG set in Shadowrun's magically Awakened Hong Kong of 2056."

"Melee: Battlegrounds is a pre-alpha stage standalone, 100% independent game being developed as the spiritual sequel to the popular Mount & Blade Warband mod cRPG"

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »
+2

marketing and hype sound like distant objectives, for start i'd begin with communicating with the fan base :D
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!