Poll

IS MOD DED?

YES, MOD is KILL
33 (55%)
Undead
27 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: IS MOD DED?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Combaticus

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Pride Worldwide
  • Game nicks: Combaticus, Big_Gay_Baby, BOOM_SHAKA_LAKA
  • IRC nick: Combat
IS MOD DED?
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:10:01 pm »

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
Re: IS MOD DED?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:35:23 pm »
+3
But what if cRPG is not kill? What if it is destroying lives on a daily basis?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1838
  • Infamy: 315
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:46:29 pm »
+2
Afternoon in cRPG, on EU1 30 players, other servers empty. At the same time in native, 80-100 players on GK_Siege, 50 players on Deathmatch server.

Late afternoon in cRPG, on EU1 30 same players as before. On EU up to 50 players, but 5 at any given time are leeching, 5 are members of troll clans and leeching but not as obvious. Five are teamkilling each other because they belong to same clan and that is fun. Often one team has those 15 out of 25 which means it's actuallly 10 vs 25 and there's no chance to win the round.

On GK_Siege everybody is playing the game, not fooling around and teamkilling each other.

Mechanics wise cRPG is superior to Native in almost every way. But it's useless because remnants of cRPG are mostly cunts who don't like the game, they come online to hang our with TS buddies and do stupid (fun) things.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:53:14 pm by Leshma »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:44 pm »
+1
On EU up to 50 players, but 5 at any given time are leeching, 5 are members of troll clans and leeching but not as obvious. Five are teamkilling each other because they belong to same clan and that is fun. Often one team has those 15 out of 25 which means it's actuallly 10 vs 25 and there's no chance to win the round.

Today at some point there was 70 players on Eu2, haven't seen many leechers, Elmuri did good job kicking them and giving short bans. Players tried to work together and defend flags, ofc there was a bit fooling around but without going overboard. So all in all I had pretty good time :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2419
  • Infamy: 224
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 12:22:46 am »
+1
Yeah, I was there on defender side (until asslicker Patoson decided to ban me). It was fun but for me it was laggy as hell (PC is crap though).

Then I went to native, couldn't siege play for same reason (170 people, despite 40-60 fps it was unplayable on my potato PC). Went to brainless DM which feels like frag dm from CS, adrenaline rush on arena with some angry buthurt people like Aljo. There aren't that bad, have better feints than cRPG folks but their blocking isn't up to par. Probably because weapons are a lot faster and stab is very deadly. Nothing compared to high agi katana abusers on cRPG though, that shit is broken.

Best thing about native, apart from way higher population and general lax attitude without self-absorbed morons who lick their loomed armors clean after each round, is movement speed which is really slow and much faster weapon speed. Just the way it should be. In the end I discovered TDM and I must say that is million times better than battle and siege.

Another good thing is consistency. People die in up to four good hits, no matter the armor, you glance only when your hit is bad. There is no stuck weapons, no teammates blocking you from behind/sides. Lightly armored folks die in two hits, no less (if not stab, which is lethal). Everything just makes sense without weird experiments cmp did over the years. Therefore, I don't think crpg has better mechanics as I said in previous post.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 12:49:00 am »
+1
In the end I discovered TDM and I must say that is million times better than battle and siege.

That used to be my all-time favorite mode... Until I started stumbling upon ganging whoresons on every TDM server. It stopped being fun. You could never get those huehuehuehue bastards kicked or banned, because most idiots didn't even realize that some smartasses had been systematically pincering them. In the end, they somehow make you look like the troll and you keep getting kicked by random morons.

Just thinking of it gives me headaches.

TL;DR: TDM without an admin is a lot more painful than it is enjoyable.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 1723
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »
+1
Haven't had any issues on the Wolfpack server so far, will report if they arise. You're saying like cRPG is the holy grail of proper gameplay. That's because you never played on EU by night where developers, admins and their friends enforce duels because it is their time and their fun. People from this community cry so much about persistent world admins and admins in other mods or native, but I wonder are admins the problem or the very mindset of this community?

Played few rounds on smaller siege server with 722 last night, great fun. No one leeched, abused game or chat, people just played the game the way its meant to be played. Quite refreshing actually compared to EU2 when Grey pack of hounds join, then the lesser ones who aren't in Hetman's team have to sit back that round so the mister in charge can win it before autobalance stitch them together against random team. If it only were them, many other clans seen that and copied it like monkeys do and that's one of the reasons why cRPG is the verge of playability these days. Also seen quite a few of cRPG recent bunch of newbies playing native, guess they couldn't take the 'pressure' (mostly mental and verbal abuse which one must endure to be play with bunch of intoxicated morons which cRPG is these days).

Just want to say that NA cRPG community is nothing like EU, there are some look at me ma' i'm pro players who enforce duels cause they are so kewl and stuff but other than that it is a great place with great people, who are fooling around but not in an annoying way. Shame my ping is rubbish and game is virtually unplayable for manual blockers.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:41:02 pm by Leshma »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »
+1
I don't really claim that the Crpg population is any better. In fact, I remember how in the latest Halloween event, a couple of whores ganked against everyone else. Tueten was there and he didn't give a shit. The frustration is still in me.

And I have played late at night. I know how fucked Crpg players can be without supervision. Just saying that it has been quite impossible for me to find a TDM server without ganking mofos for a very long time. I have given up hope on that native mode. But your are correct about Wolfpack. I would add ZHG to that list as well. Those two clans try to keep their servers in order. Needless to say they both appeared after I stopped playing native.

Note: Also just noticed you have been talking about TDM. Actually my complaints are all about DM. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2746
  • Infamy: 970
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 12:58:15 pm »
+1
DM is random mess, as I said before. Most popular server is run by CAMELOT clan, which one of the members is big mouthed Slovenian Aljo, an old native and cRPG veteran who rages a lot. Tried to poll kick me but it failed. Regardless, they are decent bunch despite that. I did some ganking myself, but only cav because there are many smart-asses who abuse great lance (which can thrust in native). Just to clear up the arena a bit for other classes, ya know :mrgreen: It's my acquired distaste to everything ranged and mounted which fuels this quest. But game mode is adrenaline rush, camelot tries to enforce civil gameplay but spawnraping is unavoidable really. You get used to it and learn how to confront it. There are also macro feinters and autoblock users, but its no big deal. First get spammed, second get their share of special medicine.

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »
+1

Played few rounds on smaller siege server with 722 last night, great fun. No one leeched, abused game or chat, people just played the game the way its meant to be played. Quite refreshing actually compared to EU2 when Grey pack of hounds join, then the lesser ones who aren't in Hetman's team have to sit back that round so the mister in charge can win it before autobalance stitch them together against random team. If it only were them, many other clans seen that and copied it like monkeys do and that's one of the reasons why cRPG is the verge of playability these days. Also seen quite a few of cRPG recent bunch of newbies playing native, guess they couldn't take the 'pressure' (mostly mental and verbal abuse which one must endure to be play with bunch of intoxicated morons which cRPG is these days).

Yes it was a fun game last night, native is so much more fun for me now. whenever I play crpg i just get frustrated. also keep seeing crpg players in native / viking dlc.  Saw torr and a PEPE player in Vikings DLC

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »
Friday around 11 am eu7 1 player and it was me  :cry:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 666
  • Infamy: 2501
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 08:32:05 pm »
+1
Yes, DTV is dead. Too hard, low income per minute, no XP boost, ninjas are beyond annoying (actually can't stand them or their items in any game mode).

When Viking Conquest get properly patched and on sale cRPG ist kaputt.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »
+1
Late afternoon in cRPG, on EU1 30 same players as before. On EU up to 50 players, but 5 at any given time are leeching, 5 are members of troll clans and leeching but not as obvious. Five are teamkilling each other because they belong to same clan and that is fun. Often one team has those 15 out of 25 which means it's actuallly 10 vs 25 and there's no chance to win the round.
Nearly the same was EU_2 today at 17-18 o'clock, half of them in peasant armor, 1/4 jumped from the walls into the abyss, another part fooling around (idk why they are on servers, they only make other people GTXing, I would like to ban you all one day, Krems and other gay lovers), also throwers, gaychers, people faster than wind and swings which you can't even notice, rain and all these game mehanics which make me feel sad and ill at the same time.

I think it's time for me to push the END button  :(
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »
DM is random mess, as I said before. Most popular server is run by CAMELOT clan, which one of the members is big mouthed Slovenian Aljo, an old native and cRPG veteran who rages a lot.

Camelot is okay, never got banned there even though I acted like a dick. On PRT DM server I got permabanned for one comment - which wasn't even offensive - about some admin.

Yes, DTV is dead. Too hard, low income per minute,

Nah, Dtv will be the last one to die. Pure melee teams do quite all right and most of ppl don't care about multi any more I think.

Offline oguz

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: oguz
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 09:56:31 pm »
ım stay away only cause ping