Author Topic: Globally banned for a characters name.  (Read 788 times)

Offline Frozey

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frozey
Globally banned for a characters name.
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »
To whomever it may concern.

I made a topic earlier today about my situation in thread (http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/inappropriate-character-names/) with hopes of disscussing about the whole situation and phenomenon in general there. However the thread has now been locked by someone, after latest post from an admin (Erzengel) saying it seemed that I was already unbanned. That is alas, not the case as Im am still globally banned with my whole account as message 'You are globally banned. You can still visit the forums in case you need to post an unban essay.' suggests. When getting that one character banned in the first place, before it somehow changing to global ban, I was told by the very admin that worked the ban (Rico), that changing my characters name would solve this ban. Im sorry, but I don't see how am I supposed to change the name if whole account is globally banned. Also does the locking the thread mean there is no place for free disscussion on these forums regarding that subject?

If my account is already supposed to be unbanned(?), I hope it will actually get unbanned as there might have been some sort of misundertanding. If that is however not the case, I am willing to change the name, but I would like to hear some actual reasons why (other than Rico's "I talked to everyone, even devs, and we all agree"). Also regarding the name change, some guidelines would be very much appreciated on avoiding this happening from occuring again.

With best regards, Frozey.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Re: Globally banned for a characters name.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:36:23 pm »
If the only issue is that of your character's name.  You change it on the site c-rpg.net>character>rename.  It will prolly take a min for them to actually unban you but they should. 
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Frozey

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:27:05 pm »
If the only issue is that of your character's name.  You change it on the site c-rpg.net>character>rename.  It will prolly take a min for them to actually unban you but they should.

Yes indeed. But as I am unable to access the c-rpg.net any other way than viewing the message that you have been banned globally, I can't do anything to change the name until the ban is removed.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 06:53:09 pm »
Ban removed, now change your name or it's coming back.  :twisted:
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Frozey

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 08:30:27 pm »
Thank you. Now Im just waiting for the new name to be accepted. :3

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:24:53 pm »
Name changed, locking.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.