Author Topic: Ironclad  (Read 11927 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Ironclad
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 08:02:00 pm »
+1
I just saw Ironclad 2 Battle for Blood.

Oh god it sucks.  Some movies are so bad and cheesey that they are funny and you can laugh at them.  This one tries to be serious though, and it's just totally horrible.

The castle "sieges" are like 12 people assaulting a wall.  The acting is atrocious.  It's not the same actor playing the protagonist.  The camera work is shit.  The cinematography is just so forced.  Like, trying to be dramatic but totally failing.  The writing is corny.  The characters are flat.  There are a few good moments -- but it's not worth it.

The storyline -- the sequence of events and interactions -- the timeline of the battles ---- IT ALL MAKES NO SENSE.  It jumps around all over the place.  The ending is completely nonsensical.  It is abrupt and baffling.  It leaves questions with the viewer -- and not the kind of good questions that provoke thought.  Questions like "what the fuck was that?  Who the hell is that character and why on earth would he do such a retarded thing?  That's the end?  Who wrote this piece of shite?  Where they really high, or did they just quit and someone else had to end the script?  What were the producers thinking?  The director?  Did the actors even know what they were doing, or were they all lied to?"

Sorry for the rant -- but based on the description of the movie, I thought it would be good, and I wanted to come back and follow up.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 08:31:34 pm »
+1
I just saw Ironclad 2 Battle for Blood.

Oh god it sucks.  Some movies are so bad and cheesey that they are funny and you can laugh at them.  This one tries to be serious though, and it's just totally horrible.

The castle "sieges" are like 12 people assaulting a wall.  The acting is atrocious.  It's not the same actor playing the protagonist.  The camera work is shit.  The cinematography is just so forced.  Like, trying to be dramatic but totally failing.  The writing is corny.  The characters are flat.  There are a few good moments -- but it's not worth it.

The storyline -- the sequence of events and interactions -- the timeline of the battles ---- IT ALL MAKES NO SENSE.  It jumps around all over the place.  The ending is completely nonsensical.  It is abrupt and baffling.  It leaves questions with the viewer -- and not the kind of good questions that provoke thought.  Questions like "what the fuck was that?  Who the hell is that character and why on earth would he do such a retarded thing?  That's the end?  Who wrote this piece of shite?  Where they really high, or did they just quit and someone else had to end the script?  What were the producers thinking?  The director?  Did the actors even know what they were doing, or were they all lied to?"

Sorry for the rant -- but based on the description of the movie, I thought it would be good, and I wanted to come back and follow up.

+1

First movie was not too bad, but this one is cheaper. Cheaper actors, cheaper costumes, cheaper scenario etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2019, 11:39:30 pm »
+1
I dont get why people seek historical accuracy in this.  Nowhere on the DVD box or the posters did it state "historically accurate".  I mean, yea sure, its fun to nitpick, but dont go apeshit over it. Its a movie where some historic parts were mixed with fiction. Big deal. Id say "Braveheart" was a way bigger crime. Basically they kinda shitted on a Scottish national hero and Mel Gibson in blue warpaint became a first thing americans...and well everybody else non-scottish get the image of when they think of Scottland or Scottish freedom. And that is just fucked up.

I am an American and I look at Braveheart as basically a documentary. Freaking love that movie.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2019, 01:50:12 am »
+2
I am an American and I look at Braveheart as basically a documentary. Freaking love that movie.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 06:24:20 pm »
I am an American and I look at Braveheart as basically a documentary.
to his defense, I also loved the hell out of Visored Barbuta helmets until I found out that it's not historical. Not a single goddamn knight ever wore that shit. Quite a bummer, still looks cool though :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2019, 07:43:53 pm »
Outlaw King was good.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2019, 09:30:14 pm »
+2
to his defense, I also loved the hell out of Visored Barbuta helmets until I found out that it's not historical. Not a single goddamn knight ever wore that shit. Quite a bummer, still looks cool though :mrgreen:

I'm not making this up, my highschool's mascot was, get this, "the Highlanders." The school was established 15 years before braveheart even came out. At pep rallies, we'd paint our faces like mel gibson and my friend actually played the bagpipies. Our fight song was song to the tune of "Scotland the Brave," which is probably one of the most badass songs ever. Picture 2,000 people in a gym stomping to the rhythm of this song with a piper playing right before a football game. I'm not even Scottish at all, but it's badass. I know, i know William Wallace probably didn't speak Galach and didn't wear a kilt and didn't paint his face, but goddammit, who cares.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite