Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145399 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2013, 12:56:29 pm »
+2
HAH!

I was actually going to post saying that I was looking at deadman wonderland when I saw that this had been updated.

This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2013, 02:39:55 pm »
It's a great anime, it's a shame really, but I doubt we'll see another season... :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #347 on: March 04, 2013, 05:10:15 pm »
+1
Anime actually watchin' so ? Fairy Tail is cool.

I almost watched only oldies: Death Note is fantastic , Tenjou Tenge i like it , Beelzebub is funny , Ueki rules ,Get backers more more & more
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2013, 05:34:28 pm »
Same, I'm more of a fan of the older anime. Genocyber, Wicked City, Oedo 808 to name a few. Pretty much anything with blood and demons... :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #349 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:00 pm »
+1
For the fans of berserk, the second movie is now out Berserk golden age arc ii the battle for doldrey. Going to torrent it today, oh how ive longed for this ^^. Not sure i like the new animation style it has but what the hell its fucking berserk.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 04, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »
It's the third one we want, this is the one with The Skull Knight, and events after The Great Eclipse. I haven't got round to watching the first two yet, not so keen on the animation myself either, and of course the new voice actors. I'm sure it will grow on me in time, will give it a watch at some point...

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »
For the fans of berserk, the second movie is now out Berserk golden age arc ii the battle for doldrey. Going to torrent it today, oh how ive longed for this ^^. Not sure i like the new animation style it has but what the hell its fucking berserk.
\O/

edit: woah just finished it, omg yes gimme the 3 arc naow! D:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:16:10 pm by Bjarky »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #352 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:12 pm »
\O/

edit: woah just finished it, omg yes gimme the 3 arc naow! D:

Same Dx I needs it badly :(( Great movie, story is still solid and epic, music aint as good as the original, neither do i like the animation too much but at some parts i really enjoyed it. Nice nude scenes  :twisted:
Anyone know how far they will go with these movies? is it just the golden age or will it continue on after the eclipse? :O
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2013, 11:49:28 pm »
It's the third one we want, this is the one with The Skull Knight, and events after The Great Eclipse.

Saying that, it'll probably finish around the same point as the first anime. But I know we see the Skull Knight in this one...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:56:32 pm by Lizard_man »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »
I have the original series on DVD, probably the only anime I actually own but I didn't realize there were movies. They probably focus on the Golden Arc because it's the most 'relatable'; dealing with personal ambition and their affect on relationship, overcoming inner (and outer) demons, existential nausea, etc. From what I read of the mangas the before and after arcs are more or less just bat shit insane. Did the author even finish the manga or is it ongoing?   
And how!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:55 pm »
+1
I have the original series on DVD, probably the only anime I actually own but I didn't realize there were movies. They probably focus on the Golden Arc because it's the most 'relatable'; dealing with personal ambition and their affect on relationship, overcoming inner (and outer) demons, existential nausea, etc. From what I read of the mangas the before and after arcs are more or less just bat shit insane. Did the author even finish the manga or is it ongoing?

Still ongoing and crazier than ever. Golden age was the best part of Berserk unfortunately, but its still awesome after the eclipse. Manga is up to 333 chapters atm, but the writer aint fast in making them, only pops out a chapter every second or third month :(

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2013, 01:32:36 am »
+2
I ONLY WATCH NARUTO BECAUSE I AM A REAL ANIME FAN. RASENGAN IS SO COOL. ALSO I LOVE SASUKE!!1
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2013, 06:14:59 am »
I ONLY WATCH NARUTO BECAUSE I AM A REAL ANIME FAN. RASENGAN IS SO COOL. ALSO I LOVE SASUKE!!1

made me lol, thanks for the morning start  :lol:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:13 am »

This is where I admit I still watch Naruto even though every episode is 70% flashbacks and 30% gay friendship power talks. But that's just mainstream animes for you. Though One Piece does stand out there, very decent for a mainstream one.

As for the non mainstream ones, anyone seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_and_Then,_Here_and_There ? I found it pretty interesting, at first glimpse it looks like it's a kids anime but the story is very much for adults.

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:00 am »

Holy shit yeah Bersek the old anime was awesome and the end so frustrating. one of few animes(slam dunk inside too) pushed me to read scans directly after. But wow scans are so macabre sometimes...

Btw i heard about the release of the new anime but not really interested cause it will be the same frustration at the end.
FInally yeah blood anime are fine , i think of my friend Alucard the vampire awesome :-p . Personnaly i like death note like crime/fantastic fiction
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih