Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 141083 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1515 on: April 26, 2020, 11:01:32 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
cat shit one
« Reply #1516 on: April 30, 2020, 05:39:50 pm »
+1

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 30, 2020, 05:52:12 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1972
  • Infamy: 1104
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 09, 2020, 02:50:58 am »
+1
I know ages ago Umbra used to watch Overlord, so I gave it a go. Not bad, it is good actually but totally not what I expected. I thought it was some harem/ecchi/loli funny anime but it becomes kind of dark in the last few episodes. Not my preferred contender as the best in the genre but it is in top 3.

After I finished with Overlord, I wanted more gaming-focused anime since I could not easily find Beastars (had no idea it was on Netflix) so I started watching Log Horizon. So far not good, I find it boring and just cannot binge it properly.

In the meantime found Beastars for download (I really dislike streaming). Almost done with it and must say this is one of the strangest anime I have seen so far. It is excellent but so odd. It could be a high-quality high school, a slice of life anime if there were no animals, just humans instead. But animal relations is what it makes it special. I started alongside Log Horizon but the difference in quality is so massive, I completely gave on MMORPG anime.

Edit: Since Beastars is happening in a high school setting, I realized that I do not hate the setting. I hate My Hero Academia because it is fucking garbage anime with garbage story and garbage characters, it is no fault of a school setting.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:56:05 am by Leshma »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1519 on: May 09, 2020, 09:19:45 am »
Hows the third season of Overlord? I stopped after the second season because the whole story with the lizard people was stupidly boring, the cgi battle with the soldiers was terrible and the main character is a hypocritic cringetard. Thinks he's a good guy while has hundreds of people in a torture dungeon and needs a spell to act cool and not spill his spaghetti, hes so shit

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:26:35 am by Ikarus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 2221
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 10, 2020, 01:45:06 am »
Momonga is a very well written IMHO. Just like Tanya's character, he is another Japanese salaryman. Which is why he was chosen to be a guild master and do all the boring stuff for his guild. During the series on multiple occasions he shows envy towards his former guildmates because unlike him they were interesting people who could let go of that dying game, something he could not do because outside that MMORPG and his boring job, he has no life. Momonga is not evil, but he is not the force of good. He is hard working solitary man of average intelligence which is why NPCs seem way more cunning than him. At first, he is trying to act in a humane way but he since he turned into undead he has no connections to humans anymore, but the truth is he never really had. His wannabe good guy side is more of his desire to be one rather than him being a good person. Since he is the only former human in that world, at least the only one he knows, he is trying hard to act differently than his evil NPC underlings.

In a nutshell, the third season shows above written in a bit clearer light than previous seasons. He gets to rule in that world, something he could never do in real life. Which is why he is so afraid of other human players, but also NPCs becoming self sufficient. Always trying to subjugate them, if they ever find out what kind of lame human he is no one would follow him.

Lizard episodes were filler, just like some other episodes which have no tie to the main story.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1521 on: May 25, 2020, 08:23:25 am »

Havent watched this movie yet, but this song and that sequence haunts me and make me feel too many things. I fear watching the movie. Satoshi Kon dying was the biggest loss in anime. Also gotta mention Susumu Hirasawa the best composer, odd tunes but so emotional.

After all, what I really love is the chase.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 14, 2020, 05:31:59 pm »
Is it just me, or are newer shows getting slower? I have a habit of increasing play rate by 0.5x every with every cringe moment, so I watch most anime in fast forward. I watch run-of-the mill shows in especcialy  fast mode, shows like Franxxx, Toradora, Incel World, Kiznavier, SAO, etc. And it's not just a matter of getting used to fast pace, because for example if after franx 7.5x speed, I watch Monster or Kaiji, or even Parasyte in 1.0x speed, they feel normal. But if I go back to ultra cringe franks at 1.0x speed, it feels like someone slowed it down and stretched it to hit that 20 minute mark. The voices sound like a retard or someone about to die of boredom, even slower than the narrator in Mushishishi

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1849
  • Infamy: 2820
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 15, 2020, 04:39:44 am »
Those are crap anime. Something you watch and time just flies by, other shows feel like paint is drying on the wall. I am on hiatus since I could not continue watching Log Horizon.

There is nothing decent on the menu until fall. Actually there is something but can't bother with romance/slice of life atm. I have seen five episodes of the first season last year, currently, the second season is running and its called Kaguya-sama something something.

To illustrate what something being crap means Ill use western show that was on my backlog, Altered Carbon. A strong start, immensely promising lead character a lot of artistic goodness in the first few episodes. The end of the season is a bit shallow, Syfy like. The second season is a hard stop, seen the first episode can't go anymore. There is nothing wrong with video setting, show just turned into a complete smelly and sticky turd.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 971
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 27, 2020, 12:36:21 am »
Congratulations, Leshma! You have unlocked Weaboo lvl 1

It is official, I became a Weaboo. Watched an American cartoon with a Japanese voiceover. Taking about Castlevania, of course. It was not intentional, found it on horriblesubs had no idea it is not anime. Now I need to wait for season 3 Japanese dub because I cannot switch to American voices after two seasons of Japanese.

My excuse why I prefer Japanese over American language is because I am sick and tired of American entertainment, especially since their entire culture went to hell (gender theory etc). Japanese stuff is high quality and devoid of degenerate agenda. Even before, American culture was all yeah bro, Japanese simply value intelligence over retardedness American culture has been since the 70s.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: June 27, 2020, 10:06:08 pm »
no bro, japanese value society and being a soulless NPC. it's why suicide is sometimes seen as chivalrous there, according to japanese values it's better to kill urself than waste resources trying to become better. also they mostly get married out of convenience and couples spend relatively little time together, they're more like business partners 4 life. actual love is super rare and once you graduate from school, it's practically shunned upon like a childish dream. one reason why few japanese people are overweight is healthy life style and diet, sure, but another big reason is they are deathly afraid of standing out of the crowd and being different. it is scientifically proven that asians have very little genetic variety, they are like bugmen from Kenshi. if u don't conform, you become hiveless and everyone is passive agressive to u - you only get bare minimum empathy required by law, but otherwise you don't exist as a person, only as physical human body. japanese culture is soft YMCA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 549
  • Infamy: 933
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 29, 2020, 04:57:32 am »
You had me until:

you only get bare minimum empathy required by law

if there only was such a thing, this world would be a much better place than it is

On-topic: Tried Jojo, not my cup of tea. Looks like the entire story is some sort of a meme, does not make much sense aside from being dey crazy swole lulz.

Desperately trying to finish the first season of Log Horizon but this thing is unwatchable for me, every five minutes I completely lose interest.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 805
  • Infamy: 1027
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 10, 2020, 11:45:07 pm »
+1
Subaru is pathetic as always. Please remind me why did I watch the first season of this anime?

No Guns Life slow start but interesting. Better than evercrying simp Subaru.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2858
  • Infamy: 538
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 14, 2020, 12:31:50 am »
First episode of The God of High School is pretty damn good. No bullshit, just action.

Ever since they split with Madhouse, MAPPA has been the best Japanese animation studio.