Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145476 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1812
  • Infamy: 1712
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1245 on: October 01, 2017, 12:00:36 am »
FMA has good characters, story is rubbish tho. Show with truly bad characters is NGE.

Edit:

I'm serious. I thought the world-building, aesthetic and main storyline were fantastic.

To me it was an anime that tricks you into thinking it will be a fighting anime. But ultimately it's a world where a normal bullet from a normal gun can easily kill any one of the main protagonists and most fights are resolved instantly.

World building is fine, although whole concept of alchemist is kinda laughable to be honest. Better concepts in other anime who have same things going on.

Aesthetic is alright but I'm not too pleased with animation or drawing. Seen better and more varied and interesting, it is kinda bland/average in that department. But it has been done by Bones so I didn't expect true quality from it. If old Madhouse, before they split, done FMA you can bet I would have much higher expectations. They always deliver best animation at everything they do.

Story as I said is rubbish, not even average unless you consider average to be true average and not average of good anime like I do. Not interesting at all, you can see through it and also almost nobody important dies during anime. Story for shounen, blandest possible.

Much, much better stories in anime world. Even if it is far from being excellent, I found Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom story to be much better than FMA. Story of FMA is no better than Tokyo Ghoul or Darker than Black and those are your typical run of the mill anime storylines everybody who have seen more than dozen anime is already familiar with.

FMA is the best anime if you truly believe that Attack of Titan is above average or even great anime. Truth to be told Attack of Titan has really interesting concept and that's it. Interesting start, rest is pure cringe.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:21:16 am by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2350
  • Infamy: 2932
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 01, 2017, 12:02:40 am »
+1
These two movies blew my mind as a kid

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and of course the undisputed all time anime masterpiece

(click to show/hide)

Those are movies, they are different. Ghost in the Shell has those artistic moments you can't find in most anime series. But I think they just copied Blade Runner. And were copied themselves by Matrix.

Edit: About whole otaku thing. I've watched more anime in last two years than all those guys in video yet I don't have a single token to call myself proper otaku. Do not understand why people collect those weird things.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:05:52 am by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1028
  • Infamy: 2768
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 01, 2017, 12:08:28 am »
Not sure if serious, but i really didnt enjoy FMA:B  :mrgreen:

No anime is better than Hajime no Ippo

Last sentence is probably true but I can't make myself to watch slice of life anime or sports anime or anythings of those sorts. I know I'm missing a lot but really don't want to watch animated show that is like some drama movie or play. Monster is closest to it, but that's proper detective story and thriller, even supernatural at times.

Edit: Also I can't stand those kind of stories anymore, about poor kid who becomes world beater at some fighting sport like Rocky, Creed etc.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1248 on: October 01, 2017, 12:40:38 am »
+1
Last sentence is probably true but I can't make myself to watch slice of life anime or sports anime or anythings of those sorts. I know I'm missing a lot but really don't want to watch animated show that is like some drama movie or play. Monster is closest to it, but that's proper detective story and thriller, even supernatural at times.

Edit: Also I can't stand those kind of stories anymore, about poor kid who becomes world beater at some fighting sport like Rocky, Creed etc.

Its pretty standard story stuff yeah, weakling decides to man up and take on the world, but the characters and the progression is what makes it. Theres never really an "enemy", opponents are always sympathised with because you get their backstory, and so youre almost rooting for them more than the MC. If you havent actually watched it, i can tell you that if you give it a shot you will most probably like it. It was the same with a friend, and when i finally breached his defences and made him watch it he just binged that shit, and said that he told his friend about it whom did the same. Its a show thats insanely inspirational if you ever want to start working out or just getting over any kind of roadblock. Its also way funnier than any other anime ive seen.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1595
  • Infamy: 495
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 01, 2017, 04:25:24 am »
If you seek politics in anime, there's no better than Legend of Galactic Heroes. It is War and Peace in anime form, after all. Compared to it, power struggle in FMA is childs play.

Just finished Made in Abyss S01. Anime of the year imho.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 01, 2017, 10:22:25 am »
Just finished Made in Abyss S01. Anime of the year imho.

Noted, will check it out. Boku no hero academia S2 just finished so I've got a time slot free. All about minmaxing ur adult life 4 anime

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 01, 2017, 11:49:15 am »
+3
>be over 13
>watch anime
>don't have autism
<pick 2
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #1252 on: October 01, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »
>be over 13
>spend most of your day on the forums of a dead mod
>don't have autism
<pick 2
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 01, 2017, 01:47:13 pm »
+2
>be over 13
>don't have autism
<pick 2
Picked those 2
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 01, 2017, 01:56:16 pm »
+5
>be over 13
>watch anime
>don't have autism
<pick 2

Omg hai ___^ I’m anon-san and I absolutely luuuv @__@ anime <3 and my fav is naurto!!! Okies so anyways, im going to tell you about the BEST day of my life when I met my hot husband sasuke!! <333333333 OMFGZ HE WAS SOOOOO FREAKIN KAWAII IN PERSON!!! Supa kawaii desu!!!!!!!! ^___________________________________^
When I walked onto Tokyo street =____=I looked up and saw…SASUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333!!!! “ KONNICHIWA OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SUPA SUPA SUPA KAWAII SASUKE-SAMA!!!!!” I yelled n____n then he turned chibi then un-chibi!! he looked at me [O.O;;;;;;;;;;;] and then he saw how hot I am *___* he grabbed my hand and winked ~_^ then pulled me behind a pocky shop o_o and started to kiss me!!!!!! [OMG!!! HIS TOUNGE TASTED LIKE RAMEN!!! RLY!! >.> <.< >.< (O) (O) (O)] then I saw some baka fat bitch watching us and I could tell she was undressing him with her eyes!!!!!!! [ -___________-;;;;; OMG I COULDN’T BELIEVE IT EITHER!!! (ò_ó) (ò_ó) (ò_ó)] so I yelled “UH UH BAKA NEKO THAT’S MY MAN WHY DON’T YOU GO HOOK UP WITH NARUTO CAUSE SASUKE-SAMA LOVES ME!!! (ò_ó)” then sasuke held me close =^= and said he would only ever love me and kissed me again!!!!!!! ** (O)/ then we went to his apartment and banged all night long and made 42 babies and they all became ninjas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nyaaaaa!!! (^___<) ^______________;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1255 on: October 01, 2017, 01:58:44 pm »

Check tate's twitter since a week back, hilarious shit

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1256 on: October 01, 2017, 05:37:06 pm »
+2
I lost a friend to slice of life anime. Hes full on retarded now. Toast in mouth running and everything.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 01, 2017, 07:27:48 pm »
Omg hai ___^ I’m anon-san and I absolutely luuuv @__@ anime <3 and my fav is naurto!!! Okies so anyways, im going to tell you about the BEST day of my life when I met my hot husband sasuke!! <333333333 OMFGZ HE WAS SOOOOO FREAKIN KAWAII IN PERSON!!! Supa kawaii desu!!!!!!!! ^___________________________________^
When I walked onto Tokyo street =____=I looked up and saw…SASUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333!!!! “ KONNICHIWA OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SUPA SUPA SUPA KAWAII SASUKE-SAMA!!!!!” I yelled n____n then he turned chibi then un-chibi!! he looked at me [O.O;;;;;;;;;;;] and then he saw how hot I am *___* he grabbed my hand and winked ~_^ then pulled me behind a pocky shop o_o and started to kiss me!!!!!! [OMG!!! HIS TOUNGE TASTED LIKE RAMEN!!! RLY!! >.> <.< >.< (O) (O) (O)] then I saw some baka fat bitch watching us and I could tell she was undressing him with her eyes!!!!!!! [ -___________-;;;;; OMG I COULDN’T BELIEVE IT EITHER!!! (ò_ó) (ò_ó) (ò_ó)] so I yelled “UH UH BAKA NEKO THAT’S MY MAN WHY DON’T YOU GO HOOK UP WITH NARUTO CAUSE SASUKE-SAMA LOVES ME!!! (ò_ó)” then sasuke held me close =^= and said he would only ever love me and kissed me again!!!!!!! ** (O)/ then we went to his apartment and banged all night long and made 42 babies and they all became ninjas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nyaaaaa!!! (^___<) ^______________;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Yes
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2885
  • Infamy: 1239
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 01, 2017, 10:37:43 pm »
>be over 13
>watch anime
>don't have autism
<pick 2

over 13 ✓
watch anime ✓
has autism ✓

being star citizen backer and belonging to >5000 club in crpg are proof i am somewhere on the spectrum. anyone who spent more than 1000 hours in online video game should test for autism.

anime has nothing to do with autism.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 01, 2017, 11:12:04 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die