Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145383 times)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1155 on: January 19, 2017, 06:50:47 pm »
Now I'm in the struggle of looking for a good realistic martial arts manga. After reading Teppu, Hajime no Ippo, Karate Shoukoushi Minoru, Rikudou, Shamo, Holyland, All Rounder Meguru, Kenji before it got bad, and what I could find of Evil Hearts. When ever I try to search up good ones I just find people listing off stuff like Strong Disciple Kenichi and Breakers and all that Super Natural shit. Maybe I should try Baki Son of Ogre or Tough, but I heard those aren't all that realistic either, I remember reading Baki and being disappointing, maybe I'll try it again. If anyone here has some good suggestions, I would be happy to hear.
Ranma

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 313
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 22, 2017, 02:51:21 am »
+2
Neon Genesis Evangelion has the worst ending I've seen in anime. I had to endure through last two or three episodes to get that shit. Like wtf?!

Anime ain't that bad if we don't count the ending, a bit like Lain but worse. And it is so boring when doing artsy scenes. Lain can be hard to binge watch but NGE is on another level. Unlike Lain or even Paranoia Agent, I see no point in this philosophical garbage they served me through 26 episodes. And I tend to like that shit (Lain, Donnie Darko, Fountain etc.)

EDEN manga is a bit like Evangelion story wise, but million times better in every possible way. Shame there's no anime yet.

Hell, even Knights of Sidonia have more potential. And better battles. But story could be better in the end too, despite being copycat.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:22:31 pm by Leshma »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 23, 2017, 10:28:14 am »
+2
Neon Genesis Evangelion has the worst ending I've seen in anime. I had to endure through last two or three episodes to get that shit. Like wtf?!

This ^ so fucking much. One of the reasons why I think NGE is just so fucking overrated. Tries to convey some deep message but is ultimately just a bunch of confusing, uninteresting nonsense. Though I found the rest of the anime pretty bad as well, shinji taking the medal for the most annoying mc ever.

That being said, just finished Ergo Proxy. While the confusion is somewhat similar to NGE, this is how you end an anime. The anime had a bit slower pace than I would want, but the atmosphere and setting were amazing and it kept you guessing all the way till the end. Very enjoyable, even the quiz episode (where you actually learn a surprising amount of important story content, lol).

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1158 on: January 23, 2017, 06:26:20 pm »
+1
A friend of mine is a gigantic Evangelion fan and once showed and explained everything to me. I still don´t like it, the only outstanding thing is Shinji being the biggest pussy I´ve seen in an anime so far.
I don´t know why this anime is so popular, just as I don´t get why "Akira" is so popular, didn´t like that one either. Or maybe I just got a shit taste

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1159 on: January 24, 2017, 05:03:53 am »
Akira is sick, you weirdo. Crazy good visuals, nice artstyle, solid story and cool/crazy characters.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1667
  • Infamy: 577
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 24, 2017, 06:35:12 am »
The End of Evangelion is even worse imo, even tho it explains things unlike original "ending". Main problem with it is second chapter that is even more painful than last few episodes of NGE. Sure, visuals are stunning but I never cringed so much.

Shinji Ikari is by far an anime character I hate the most, closely followed by human garbage, his father. There isn't a single good thing about these characters and would beat the living shit out of Shinji, he irritates me that much.

Now off to Baccano, at least I know to expect entertainment unlike with these pretentious works of "art" (more like visions of crazy person).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:39:31 am by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1161 on: February 02, 2017, 12:34:23 pm »
+1
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 14, 2017, 04:43:44 pm »
+1
I watched Little Witch Academia, it's like Harry Potter but for autistic weebs. Pretty good, but because of the cringe I had to keep looking over my shoulder to see if anyone's watching, even though my windows are covered all the time. Btw I gave up on Clannad After Story or whatever it's called, the cringe is just too strong.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #1163 on: February 15, 2017, 08:49:29 am »
+1
Dude you are watching anime, if you worry about cringe you ain't gonna have a good time  :lol:

A shoutout to Youjo from so-bin

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #1164 on: February 15, 2017, 10:37:44 am »
+2
You people are sick and you should all be stacked into one clan so we can keep an eye on you.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1165 on: February 15, 2017, 01:19:46 pm »
+1
You people are sick and you should all be stacked into one clan so we can keep an eye on you.

but anime is the essence of life
you can´t contain life
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 15, 2017, 02:15:46 pm »
but anime is the essence of autism
you can contain autism
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 15, 2017, 02:38:14 pm »
+1
Dont watch cringy animes, you damn stoners.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2148
  • Infamy: 871
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 15, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »
+1
I've seen Baccano! Ain't bad but nothing special. I think people rate it mostly because of the way story is presented. Which also has a downside because many people will quit before end of first episode because you don't understand a thing. Durarara!! is similar but you still understand a thing or two after first episode while Baccano! makes no sense until ep. 5 or 6. I mainly kept watching because of Isaac and Miria, they are hilarious. Would watch Isaac and Miria Adventures, if there was such a thing.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1169 on: February 17, 2017, 01:56:27 am »
+1
I've seen Baccano! Ain't bad but nothing special. I think people rate it mostly because of the way story is presented. Which also has a downside because many people will quit before end of first episode because you don't understand a thing. Durarara!! is similar but you still understand a thing or two after first episode while Baccano! makes no sense until ep. 5 or 6. I mainly kept watching because of Isaac and Miria, they are hilarious. Would watch Isaac and Miria Adventures, if there was such a thing.

Isaac and Miria adventures would be amazing. I think the best and worse part of Baccano! and Durarara! is that all the stories emotional ups and downs take place at the same time, multiplying/ extending the experience in a way that is more viable and no just delaying. When a climax or some shit is delayed it can easily ruin the experience. By creating multiple climax's that take place on after another the feeling is kept and the ride keeps on flowing right as rain. This of course has the down side that it's more of a slog to get through the build up of course, but with both anime they managed to keep me interested enough to pull it off. Though watching through all the following seasons of Durarara! has confirmed the sense that this is difficult to pull off. The second half of the first season of Durarara! is slightly worse than the first half, the second season of Durarara! was just meh, and the following seasons just grow worse and worse. So it has the benefit of extending the hype if it can get you there, but it's also a double edge sword, because it has to be able to get you to the build up in the right mood. Baccano! and Durarara! are two of my favorite anime, but I can easily see how they could be considered mediocre.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey