Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145448 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1140 on: January 09, 2017, 09:18:52 am »
+1
Every time Gravoth posts about Berserk I just become more confused. I watched it, I feel like we watch two separate things. We didn't.

Have you tried reading it? The new Berserk is uneasy on eyes due to the animation and the old Berserk is... old. Try reading the manga

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 10, 2017, 12:03:01 am »
Interesting points, i guess theres not really anything that proves either way regarding the behelit. It did bind his destiny, so i guess in a way he is made to survive, but it could also have chosen him because of his destiny. Since it does seem to chose him, as it returns after the jail scene.
I guess it also served him during the assassination attempt, maybe i overlooked it a bit, but i still dont consider it to retract from his own hardworked success.

Zodd is such a cool character, always a big favourite of mine. I wonder how he actually knows what he does.. but yeah he is confused with why they chose Griffith, maybe its because at the time his position wasnt very high, or maybe he simply doesnt view things as the God Hand does. He is basically only in search of strength and skill, which i believe Guts at that point had exceeded Griffiths. And so he overlooks his tactical skills, and political genius.
(click to show/hide)

And i believe i read scanlations, and they were all solid. Im not too picky on it, the ones ive read were good. Still considering picking up the books, but they are expensive af. And now the new spines are out for the reprints, so buying them would make for a poor looking collection.
It changed him that is for sure, for example in the new movies they show when he first met Casca, he doesn't really do anything to actually help her but he does give her a sword to turn on her rapist so in a small way he saves her but then comes the eclipse where he rapes her.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1142 on: January 10, 2017, 01:20:19 am »
It changed him that is for sure, for example in the new movies they show when he first met Casca, he doesn't really do anything to actually help her but he does give her a sword to turn on her rapist so in a small way he saves her but then comes the eclipse where he rapes her.

I think he just honestly never saw Caska as anything but a tool. Just like the very glorious part when he explains a true friend to him is one with his own goals and ambitions. Caska only wanted to follow, and so he probably didnt care for her at all. While Guts somehow struck him as different, and then Guts wants to go off on his own adventure and that of course ticks Griffith to go crazy ultimately leading up to him just using Caska as a tool to get back at Guts (raping her). Thats how i see it at least. So that was simply how he was as a person to begin with, Caska was never truly a friend to him, he just knew how to get followers and ones that genuinely like him.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1143 on: January 11, 2017, 02:28:07 am »
Have you tried reading it? The new Berserk is uneasy on eyes due to the animation and the old Berserk is... old. Try reading the manga

I've read the manga 5+ times over. I meant exclusively the new anime (The old anime is one of my favorites), the manga is easily top three in my favorite manga. Which I have found myself to enjoy reading manga much more than I did watching anime. I'm nearly done reading Erased which has been wonderful so far. I'm on the last volume so I hope it ends things good.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1144 on: January 11, 2017, 05:46:33 am »
I've read the manga 5+ times over. I meant exclusively the new anime (The old anime is one of my favorites), the manga is easily top three in my favorite manga. Which I have found myself to enjoy reading manga much more than I did watching anime. I'm nearly done reading Erased which has been wonderful so far. I'm on the last volume so I hope it ends things good.

Well it felt confusing considering it was Leshma saying the 2016 anime wasnt much worse than the old one. Which i disagreed on, old one da best. New one is solid.

And on the topic of the 2016 anime, they are releasing blu-ray versions which will have better animations, and some cgi parts replaced with drawn ones. Not sure when though, ive been waiting since october. Should redeem it for those who disliked it on that point alone. I still think its good, good pacing, panel by panel story and solid soundtracks.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2300
  • Infamy: 1522
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 11, 2017, 02:33:14 pm »
To me it isn't much worse because I'm not that sensitive to rendered anime as many of you are, after all I've watched two seasons of Sidonia no Kishi and Ajin (way worse than Berserk). Rendered anime has an advantage, more Berserk is coming in few months. If it was done in traditional way, there wouldn't be Berserk 2016. Think 2020. or so for arcs they covered last year.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 11, 2017, 02:56:08 pm »
+1
To me it isn't much worse because I'm not that sensitive to rendered anime as many of you are, after all I've watched two seasons of Sidonia no Kishi and Ajin (way worse than Berserk). Rendered anime has an advantage, more Berserk is coming in few months. If it was done in traditional way, there wouldn't be Berserk 2016. Think 2020. or so for arcs they covered last year.

Berserk fans are used to waiting for quality

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1408
  • Infamy: 2806
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 11, 2017, 03:38:58 pm »
I've read somewhere Dark Horse almost canceled translating Berserk manga because of poor sales.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:20 pm »
thats because everfyone steals it online

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 11, 2017, 11:07:30 pm »
Always see people posting their collections on reddit, so im a bit naive to think that Berserk fans are dedicated enough to pay. Ive been really close multiple times, the only thing holding me back really is the new spines and lack of certain volumes.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #1150 on: January 12, 2017, 12:30:45 am »
Recently I watched Sakamichi no Apollon, and it was pretty good. Came for the music, but the story kinda got me guud.

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1981
  • Infamy: 2588
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 12, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »
Reading Berzerk and watching Planetes. Such strange anime, I'd classify it as slice of life but there's so much going on. Closest atmosphere to Cowboy Bebop imho.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 13, 2017, 09:15:13 am »
Reading Berzerk and watching Planetes. Such strange anime, I'd classify it as slice of life but there's so much going on. Closest atmosphere to Cowboy Bebop imho.

Planetes felt like a mature slice of life to me, not much else. Still a good anime tho

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1153 on: January 19, 2017, 05:53:16 pm »
Now I'm in the struggle of looking for a good realistic martial arts manga. After reading Teppu, Hajime no Ippo, Karate Shoukoushi Minoru, Rikudou, Shamo, Holyland, All Rounder Meguru, Kenji before it got bad, and what I could find of Evil Hearts. When ever I try to search up good ones I just find people listing off stuff like Strong Disciple Kenichi and Breakers and all that Super Natural shit. Maybe I should try Baki Son of Ogre or Tough, but I heard those aren't all that realistic either, I remember reading Baki and being disappointing, maybe I'll try it again. If anyone here has some good suggestions, I would be happy to hear.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
« Reply #1154 on: January 19, 2017, 06:38:32 pm »
Currently on:
-Initial D First Stage (not sure why I like it since I don't even like cars irl)
-space brothers (pretty fucking good IMO)
-Berserk
Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood