Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145432 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1095 on: September 23, 2016, 08:56:12 pm »
+1
yeah second half of last Re Zero ep was definitely maximum cringe

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 24, 2016, 12:54:55 am »
+1
I expected to wrap this show up, to deconstruct this fantasy world and bring "changed" character back to reality. But guess it is not going to happen any time soon. Talk about milking potent material...

Not a fan of last six episodes. He's now changed man, not lazy and weak hikikomori. But he kinda gets on my nerves now, this change is too sudden and he's acting like white knight on crack most of the time. Too much time spent on stupid boss fight against white whale and it really doesn't add anything to the general story. Also these disciples of the witch, too much time given to them.

Guess that's how source material is. I didn't know this thing isn't based on manga. There are mangas but they are stuck at chapter 3 or so, while he's still in the mansion. Original story comes from free web novel some japanese dude posted on his blog. It is in Japanese but there is translation project. Original web novel is too long to be script for manga/anime so some pro writer took it and shorten it a lot. That is what anime is based on.

I read a little bit about what is going to happen in Season 2/3 (technically these are two seasons released together) and not a fan. Going into silly storylines even further and not into direction that interest me the most. I don't really care about fantasy world and what is going to happen with it. I'm interested in true nature of relationship between main character and his missus, and not in romantic way at all. She represents something, I can feel it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:57:59 am by Leshma »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 01, 2016, 12:53:34 pm »
+2

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1939
  • Infamy: 955
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 01, 2016, 08:22:32 pm »
Felix creeps me out. Bet he's favorite char of dem sjw people.

My brain trembles :mrgreen:

Seriously tho, show turned to shit in last couple of episodes. No Rem no party!

Still watching Durarara. Later seasons are better than original. I kinda like that dude who's smashing everything when he's angry.

Edit: Crusch-sama is hot.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 06, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »
+2

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #1100 on: October 06, 2016, 06:37:55 pm »
+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 680
  • Infamy: 1841
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 07, 2016, 01:23:45 am »
+1
He nailed the running animation lmao

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 15, 2016, 12:51:42 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2991
  • Infamy: 2149
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 02, 2016, 12:08:30 am »
Currently I'm watching the best anime I've never watched before. Took me some time to get used to shitty graphics, effects and the fact that on first sight every character has the same bloody face. But shits good enough to get over bad things and then some.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu - Star Wars done right.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1104 on: November 02, 2016, 12:57:24 am »
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu - Star Wars done right.

that one´s also on my "to watch" list, never heard anyone say anything bad about it and seems to be quite a thing

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 550
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:55 am »
+1
I'm watching anime because I find storytelling to be way better than in mainstream American movies and shows. Someone likes to watch lulzy stuff and hates serious anime. Other people prefer anime duels where characters take turns to activate special abilities and trade blows. Those people find anime that are slow paced, like Mushishi or Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, well boring.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu isn't very Japanese. Set in future, where characters are of western origin (European Empire versus Republican separatists, ring a bell?) it tells classic war story in briliant manner with all twists and turns you'd expect from real life, executed just right. It's not original but it very well done, mature and realistic. George Lucas tells the same story but it is obvious fairy-tale, meant for younger audience. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is real deal, very familiar but rarely seen in world of moving pictures.

Around this time next year, Production I.G studio will do another go at this material. Will probably suck compared to original, although I expect magnificent visuals.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:43:45 am by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1106 on: November 04, 2016, 06:18:35 pm »
I started watching that recently, but quit because i got bored. I think the characters were really unappealing to me, or something. I cant really remember why i stopped completely, thats how forgettable it was unfortunately.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 15, 2016, 10:43:55 pm »
More like whites in the Shell 😨
Ron Perlman or that crazy general from Avatar would have been a better fit for Batou, esp if they are making him white.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1548
  • Infamy: 948
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 03, 2016, 01:15:31 am »
I started watching that recently, but quit because i got bored. I think the characters were really unappealing to me, or something. I cant really remember why i stopped completely, thats how forgettable it was unfortunately.

I've finished it couple days ago. Really epic anime, although ending isn't the best. Characters are varied, interesting and real imho. Every character has virtues and flaws, they aren't one dimensional. Also there is a ton of characters and some of them speak in very philosophical manner. To completely understand what they are saying you need some education. Also subtitles fly on the screen, so sometimes is hard to see them and therefore is possible to miss lines of conversation.

Everyone who knows me, can easily figure out which character is my favorite. But many of them are interesting, not at first, but at the end you learn enough about each of them to appreciate them.

Looking forward to see what kind of mess they'll make of this universe next year when they reboot t.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1109 on: December 03, 2016, 04:39:45 pm »
I've finished it couple days ago. Really epic anime, although ending isn't the best. Characters are varied, interesting and real imho. Every character has virtues and flaws, they aren't one dimensional. Also there is a ton of characters and some of them speak in very philosophical manner. To completely understand what they are saying you need some education. Also subtitles fly on the screen, so sometimes is hard to see them and therefore is possible to miss lines of conversation.

Everyone who knows me, can easily figure out which character is my favorite. But many of them are interesting, not at first, but at the end you learn enough about each of them to appreciate them.

Looking forward to see what kind of mess they'll make of this universe next year when they reboot t.

I think i often got really bored, because there would be something interesting going on, battle plans or whatever. Then suddenly it switchs to some really boring background story, or some character development that just felt really boring and unappealing. A reboot could be interesting, allthough i suspect they would ditch all the character and clever story for action and tits then.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA