Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145435 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1065 on: August 22, 2016, 11:49:31 am »
+2
Finished Planetes which was decent and worth the time, but not particularly superb. Now watching Re Zero, I'm at ep 5 currently. Very good stuff, incredibly decent mix of serious and comedy parts (shit goes 0-100 real fast).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:05:35 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 22, 2016, 02:30:07 pm »
I don't get this fascination with Re Zero. It's ultra pretentious, even for an anime. It has the kind of art style that I hate the most - almost absolute lack of noses, template eyes sticked on template faces, and mouths that make no sense when looking from the side. Every emotion shown in it makes me cringe and get ashamed that I'm watching stuff like this. MC is an obnoxious white knight who humiliates himself because he wants some 2D pussy. Maybe my weeb level is just not high enough to enjoy it. I give Re:Zero/10.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 22, 2016, 02:39:01 pm »
+2
I don't get this fascination with Re Zero. It's ultra pretentious, even for an anime. It has the kind of art style that I hate the most - almost absolute lack of noses, template eyes sticked on template faces, and mouths that make no sense when looking from the side. Every emotion shown in it makes me cringe and get ashamed that I'm watching stuff like this. MC is an obnoxious white knight who humiliates himself because he wants some 2D pussy. Maybe my weeb level is just not high enough to enjoy it. I give Re:Zero/10.

ye, ur 2 casul for re zero

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2079
  • Infamy: 919
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 22, 2016, 03:32:22 pm »
I kinda miss Re:Zero (waiting for show to finish to continue watching).

Currently I'm not very pleased with HxH. It started very strong, but turned into something I truly dislike. I'm around 40 episode mark and while I absolutely love the characters and back story these 'fights' greatly annoy me. Last ten episodes were Dragon Ball style with 1vs1 battles with those silly naming of special abilities. Ultra shounen moment, completely unnecessary. That's something I dislike in Tokyo Ghoul season two, those battles to see who's stronger because there's always someone stronger... at least they didn't announce special abilities and fights were somewhat 'mature'.

Hopefully they'll tone this down a bit in next episodes, I want to follow story arc and character development. Gives zero rats ass who's stronger Hisoka or some other turd. I'm mainly watching because of their personalities, their fighting skills do not interest me one bit if they aren't used in function of character development.

@Gurgumul: I think you're just butthurt about Re:Zero. Show and author are very critical of modern youth, NEETs to be precise, it is truly brutal. There's a good article on crunchyroll about it, basically what I wrote in this topic few weeks ago only broadened and with some actual clues presented (I didn't bother because those are spoilers).

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1069 on: August 22, 2016, 07:45:32 pm »
I kinda miss Re:Zero (waiting for show to finish to continue watching).

Currently I'm not very pleased with HxH. It started very strong, but turned into something I truly dislike. I'm around 40 episode mark and while I absolutely love the characters and back story these 'fights' greatly annoy me. Last ten episodes were Dragon Ball style with 1vs1 battles with those silly naming of special abilities. Ultra shounen moment, completely unnecessary. That's something I dislike in Tokyo Ghoul season two, those battles to see who's stronger because there's always someone stronger... at least they didn't announce special abilities and fights were somewhat 'mature'.

Hopefully they'll tone this down a bit in next episodes, I want to follow story arc and character development. Gives zero rats ass who's stronger Hisoka or some other turd. I'm mainly watching because of their personalities, their fighting skills do not interest me one bit if they aren't used in function of character development.

@Gurgumul: I think you're just butthurt about Re:Zero. Show and author are very critical of modern youth, NEETs to be precise, it is truly brutal. There's a good article on crunchyroll about it, basically what I wrote in this topic few weeks ago only broadened and with some actual clues presented (I didn't bother because those are spoilers).

He has a point about the animation though. Plus there are some plot holes and the obvious attempt at waifu simulator. Other than that the show was alright. But I feel the quality is dropping. Im actually behind right now, I hope the quality picks up as I catch up.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 22, 2016, 09:42:44 pm »
+2
the lady from the wake me up inside band looks a bit like the main girl of Ergo Proxy

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 23, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »
+1
I've binged all the eps of Re Zero that are out atm. Oh man what a ride, but now the agonising wait begins.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #1072 on: August 24, 2016, 07:37:03 am »
+1

You endure all the cringe moments for cute girls. Or for cool girls, like watching Mirai nikki just for Juno scenes and desperately enduring squaky voiced idiot pussy Juki. Also, my sig

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 27, 2016, 03:29:00 am »
+1
I drew an anime girl head face. Is it worthy of deviantart? I think it looks very cute and cool. I can draw more, but you have to donate because my time is precious.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 27, 2016, 03:47:50 am »
I drew an anime girl head face. Is it worthy of deviantart? I think it looks very cute and cool. I can draw more, but you have to donate because my time is precious.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1075 on: August 27, 2016, 07:29:46 am »
Latest chapter of berserk was good, and the latest episode of the anime was really good.

And Miuras art never ceases to amaze me.
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 27, 2016, 02:31:53 pm »
(click to show/hide)
?
(click to show/hide)
!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1077 on: August 27, 2016, 09:13:32 pm »
+1
Latest chapter of berserk was good, and the latest episode of the anime was really good.

And Miuras art never ceases to amaze me.
(click to show/hide)

When this started playing and all the "angels" gathered, i got the chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiills
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 27, 2016, 10:28:15 pm »

When this started playing and all the "angels" gathered, i got the chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiills

this song is hype af

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1514
  • Infamy: 879
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 27, 2016, 11:11:02 pm »
HxH is too slow. Hatsu: Prolonged Boredom...

I did adore char development before they started with childish superpowers crap. Now whole story revolves around it, who has which powers, who is stronger, tricks... meh

Take out somewhat interesting main story arc and superior, in-detail char development and you get just another Dragon Ball, Naruto thing for 12 year olds. This is why I tend to avoid shounen anime and manga, don't have time for shallow crap. At least HxH seems to be the best of its kind albeit least popular. No need to waste my time on watching full Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece and rest of that ilk. Seen few episodes of each o those, concluded it sucks, now after seeing almost half of HxH I know my judgment was spot on.

They say Chimera Arc sucks, I hope not. Already had enough at ep. 60ish.