Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145470 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #960 on: June 05, 2016, 08:47:25 am »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #961 on: June 05, 2016, 06:58:44 pm »
+1

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 06, 2016, 08:51:36 am »
+1
Just watched http://myanimelist.net/anime/44/Rurouni_Kenshin__Meiji_Kenkaku_Romantan_-_Tsuioku-hen

I liked it. For it's age it's really advanced and mature. Apparently this is the 'very serious' prequel to a pretty long series that are more typical shonen.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #963 on: June 17, 2016, 07:16:53 pm »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/14/berserk-to-get-the-dynasty-warriors-treatment-later-this-year/#3be847193260

Seems Berserk is getting it's own game styled after Dynasty Warriors. Says the story is based around Guts getting revenge, but I would crave a DW Empires like game where you play as a Warband during the Golden Age arc. I think the Dynasty Warriors system would be better suited in that way and that for post betrayal would be better suited to combat rpgs like Dark Souls. Either way I can't wait to see what is to come from this.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #964 on: June 28, 2016, 09:22:30 am »
Berserk supposedly out on friday, HYPE.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 28, 2016, 12:05:55 pm »
+1
The first few episodes were kinda terrible, all cliché and 50% of the early episodes are just the protagonist crying. Eurgh

Sounds like NGE with 50% less mc crying

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #966 on: June 28, 2016, 02:57:09 pm »
Anyone else watched it?

wouldn´t be the first anime where I can´t stand the main protagonist, mostly watching it for the overall action and characters. Yeah, basically it´s pretty shonen, but again, I´m also parallel watching Bleach atm so I´m sorta resistent to that aswell (currently at ep206, Bleach is really underwhelming imo  :? just want to finish it so I can say that I´ve seen it, but not because the story is any good. The OST (especially the espada songs) is pretty damn sweet though)

Until now, hero academia is a decent anime, let´s see where it goes

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 28, 2016, 03:16:33 pm »
Started watching Psycho Pass recently and I'm liking what I see so far. Nothing revolutionary and a bit too predictable/cliche protagonists and antagonist, but still enjoyable.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #968 on: June 28, 2016, 10:20:39 pm »
Tbf, I feel like good soundtracks are just to be expected when you have a show like bleach. Fairy Tail, One Piece are two shounen anime I really enjoyed and the music went a long way to help the show. More just to be expect with the bigger shows I feel.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 28, 2016, 10:24:16 pm »
wow you guys watch Bleach? )))))))
what next, Naruto? )))))))))))))))))))

But seriously, if you take out the fights, is there anything worth watching? The only chinese cartoon of that type that I enjoyed watching was Fullmetal Gaymy old friendgist, it was only sometimes cringeworthy and the story was pretty good.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 28, 2016, 11:39:29 pm »
+2
wow you guys watch Bleach? )))))))
what next, Naruto? )))))))))))))))))))

But seriously, if you take out the fights, is there anything worth watching? The only chinese cartoon of that type that I enjoyed watching was Fullmetal Gaymy old friendgist, it was only sometimes cringeworthy and the story was pretty good.

No, they're not worth watching even with the fights. Or hardly worth watching. As said time and time again if you want a proper shonen fight anime Hunter X Hunter is the true choice. Since we're on the topic of sound tracks, it also has far better OST compared to Naruto, Bleach or One Piece. I mean I love One Piece but honestly the OST is pretty disappointing.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1790
  • Infamy: 2469
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:30 am »
Started watching Psycho Pass recently and I'm liking what I see so far. Nothing revolutionary and a bit too predictable/cliche protagonists and antagonist, but still enjoyable.

2nd season is a bit crappy imho. Written essays explaining why I think that. Not as bad like second half of Death Note (that was just bad).

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 29, 2016, 01:05:54 am »
2nd season is a bit crappy imho. Written essays explaining why I think that. Not as bad like second half of Death Note (that was just bad).
I remember Desu Noto being my first chinese cartoon. I really got into it at first because it was an interesting concept, easy to put yourself in mc's position. Then the main guy got captured and gay stuff started, plot felt predictable, tiring, and I just dropped it.
The first one was actually Kissxsis

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #973 on: June 29, 2016, 01:47:13 am »
Boku no hiro Academia,

Newish anime and still in 2 minds about it after watching the 13 episodes that currently exist.

The first few episodes were kinda terrible, all cliché and 50% of the early episodes are just the protagonist crying. Eurgh

But I found it addictive and was glad I stuck with it by the end. It picks up a little, but without spoilering there is one character that pretty much redeems the whole show. Both the character, and the circumstances surrounding them, are interesting and fun to see and adds something into what would otherwise be a pretty bland anime.

I still cant stand the protagonist, they go overboard showing us how shitty and useless they are for what I'm sure they intend to be contrast with him being less shitty and useless later. But in 13 episodes they haven't really had the time to develop him anywhere beyond shitty and useless. Which makes it less satisfying. Also in terms of content, not a *whole* lot has happened in the 13 episodes they've had so far, if I were to compare it to something like the first 12-13 episode arc of SOA (the only episodes that exist after I purged my memory of the rest)

Anyone else watched it?

The story gets very good. Specially when big bad decides to fuck everything up. Course this bascially set up the story for some really good plot lines. Early story is truly story driven to create the world.

I'd recommend you read the manga.

BTW what is the "redeeming Character"? Bakugo is good. (His mother is interesting as well as the father.)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #974 on: June 29, 2016, 08:00:50 am »
No, they're not worth watching even with the fights. Or hardly worth watching. As said time and time again if you want a proper shonen fight anime Hunter X Hunter is the true choice. Since we're on the topic of sound tracks, it also has far better OST compared to Naruto, Bleach or One Piece. I mean I love One Piece but honestly the OST is pretty disappointing.

Honestly, i think naruto has a good ost, for the most part at least. But probably only holds up if youve seen the anime too.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA