Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145411 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #780 on: February 09, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »
+3
I'm not naive enough to watch illusionary anime, but this trailer in itself really Makes U Think.. about things. I wish I could follow her and Help her in her fight.

our fight...
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2100
  • Infamy: 2913
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 09, 2016, 09:48:32 pm »
+1

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:25 pm »
+1
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #783 on: February 10, 2016, 01:11:25 pm »
+5

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 308
  • Infamy: 39
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 11, 2016, 04:51:44 pm »
Finished Death Note. First 12 episodes get 8/10 rating. Characters are mostly bland (only Eru is interesting, because he isn't one dimensional like every other character including Raito).

(click to show/hide)

After 12th episodes we get more of same ol' where they make up new side arcs to support main premise. That is boring, at least for me. When new characters arrive show takes sharp turn for the worse. Ending is especially bad and insulting, considering what previously happened.

(click to show/hide)

Overall, this is the worst anime I've seen. Interesting idea, but too damn long. Artificially made longer than it should be. Most characters are pure crap, deep as a puddle. Animation and sounds are nothing special. The worst thing about Death Note is that I had a strong feeling it is crap. That's because when it was popular, I was playing online game filled with Asian Americans who masturbated to this show. Most of them were idiots, in similar vein like cRPG players are (funny thing, that community had its own Kafein like character). If idiots like someone it must be bad... yet I've ignored my prejudice and approached Death Note like I've never heard about it. In the end my initial doubts were correct. At least now I know that spending time on Dragon Ball and Naruto will be massive waste of time and that giving those a chance despite my inner self telling me not to, is going to be great mistake.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 12, 2016, 01:11:47 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 12, 2016, 09:13:36 am »
Im watching yuri yuri. I have descended into anime hell. Please halp

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #787 on: February 12, 2016, 10:25:41 am »
Finished Death Note. First 12 episodes get 8/10 rating. Characters are mostly bland (only Eru is interesting, because he isn't one dimensional like every other character including Raito).

(click to show/hide)

After 12th episodes we get more of same ol' where they make up new side arcs to support main premise. That is boring, at least for me. When new characters arrive show takes sharp turn for the worse. Ending is especially bad and insulting, considering what previously happened.

(click to show/hide)

Overall, this is the worst anime I've seen. Interesting idea, but too damn long. Artificially made longer than it should be. Most characters are pure crap, deep as a puddle. Animation and sounds are nothing special. The worst thing about Death Note is that I had a strong feeling it is crap. That's because when it was popular, I was playing online game filled with Asian Americans who masturbated to this show. Most of them were idiots, in similar vein like cRPG players are (funny thing, that community had its own Kafein like character). If idiots like someone it must be bad... yet I've ignored my prejudice and approached Death Note like I've never heard about it. In the end my initial doubts were correct. At least now I know that spending time on Dragon Ball and Naruto will be massive waste of time and that giving those a chance despite my inner self telling me not to, is going to be great mistake.

Watching it atm, dropped at around 25, and i agree all characters are very bland and unrelateable. Its a pretty smart anime compared to most, but thats all its got.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 12, 2016, 10:33:02 am »
+1
Death Note is great but it suffers greatly in the second half.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 14, 2016, 02:52:51 pm »
Artificially made longer than it should be. Most characters are pure crap, deep as a puddle.

#describing all anime.

OK so last anime I watched was Deadman Wonderland

Its an anime so of course its corny as shit, but somehow I found myself watching it all - so its better than most. Only to find out there is aparently never going to be a 2nd season, so.... fuck. Waste of time, same as berserk. Hate how people recommend animes that are perma cliff hangers, as never will be finished.

So I just watched episode 1 of Ergo proxy.

And WOW. First of all the eyes, those are realistically sized eyes. No absurd japanese characters yet. Just pretty cool sci-fi stuff. But the real shocker was the ending music was RADIOHEAD and not a cringefest J-pop band.

edit: I am making my way through all ghibli films. How are they so good when anime series are all so awful?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:07:18 pm by Banok »

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 14, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »
+2
I dont watch that much animes, but I just randomly bingewatched Parasyte. Holy crap, that was a roller coaster. Next to the good story and action, the awesome soundtrack had a lot to do with it aswell.

The completely pointless out of nowhere and actually really retarded environmental talks were probably the only parts that left a bad taste in my mouth. They served close to 0 purpose to plot, story or characters. Those just seemed like they were forced in there with a crowbar.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 969
  • Infamy: 2994
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 14, 2016, 04:34:20 pm »
edit: I am making my way through all ghibli films. How are they so good when anime series are all so awful?

Except they are not. I've recently stumbled into land of average anime which are in fact awful but there are many great shows. Reviewed some of them in this thread.

Continued with Sidonia no Kishi (Season 2). It is all over the place but entertaining enough. Haven't seen Evangelion but people say this is modern take on it.

When I'm done with Sidonia no Kishi, Ajin and Boku dake ga Inai Machi are waiting.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:28:49 pm by Leshma »

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 14, 2016, 04:41:14 pm »
Yea, the 1st episode of Ergo proxy is really nice, the 2nd too. As it goes on longer it becomes utter shit, a shame really.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #793 on: February 16, 2016, 02:16:21 am »

I dont watch that much animes, but I just randomly bingewatched Parasyte. Holy crap, that was a roller coaster. Next to the good story and action, the awesome soundtrack had a lot to do with it aswell.

The completely pointless out of nowhere and actually really retarded environmental talks were probably the only parts that left a bad taste in my mouth. They served close to 0 purpose to plot, story or characters. Those just seemed like they were forced in there with a crowbar.

My thoughts about Parasyte pretty much exactly. It's a great series if you ignore the environmentalism bits at the end. It was an uncomfortable throwback to Birdemic for me, but thankfully it was brief. And the rest of it is good.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 16, 2016, 09:16:58 pm »
+1
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die