Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145468 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2158
  • Infamy: 2896
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #765 on: January 15, 2016, 05:45:57 pm »
Psycho-Pass... decent show overall, interesting episodic format, wasn't bored at all but story is a bit bland, full of cliches, surprised me few times even though it really shouldn't. Ending if the biggest issue. If you look at this show as universal story about whatever it is about (can't bother putting spoiler so I'll avoid talking about premise) then ending is really unsatisfying and bad. But after few days it came to my mind that this is more about Japanese culture specifically and can't put in universal mold. If we analyze ending from Japanese perspective it does make sense in many ways. Many "serious" manga/anime heavily criticize traditional Japanese society and what has it become after WW2 (them ebul Muricans). This one is no exception, but unlike Shiki which sends universal message that can be applied anywhere on the world and Lain which is universal dark future story, Psycho-Pass deals with specific things that make Japanese what they are. Wish it wasn't about secret message but more universal story with satisfying ending where everything ends in beautiful anarchy and freedom.

Characters are a bit shit. Animation and art are superb, remind me of Zankyo Terror a lot (but think Resonance is a little bit better in that area, and much better in character development). Audio component is good but soundtrack is corny newage teen crap music. Feels bad after musical brilliance of Bebop, Shiki and Elfen Lied.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #766 on: January 17, 2016, 01:41:26 am »
Supermarket beer and homemade wine, asdaidisijsgijiji never mix those twow asidmaisjgijsdgiiji
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #767 on: February 03, 2016, 03:02:03 am »
After not having watched naruto for multiple years, i decided out of nostalgia to catch up and get the ending finally. I thought it would be finished now since the manga has been done for quite a while, i was naive and forgot that naruto loves dem fillers. God damnit.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #768 on: February 03, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »
After not having watched naruto for multiple years, i decided out of nostalgia to catch up and get the ending finally. I thought it would be finished now since the manga has been done for quite a while, i was naive and forgot that naruto loves dem fillers. God damnit.
there are lists which show what eps are fillers, then you can skip. That´s a very effective way to watch animus with tons of filler eps, f.e. dragonball z

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #769 on: February 03, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »
there are lists which show what eps are fillers, then you can skip. That´s a very effective way to watch animus with tons of filler eps, f.e. dragonball z

Yeah i did skip through all the fillers, but 2015 was only 8 canon episodes, theyre stalling too much.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #770 on: February 03, 2016, 07:19:34 pm »
+3
Been rewatching Monster over the last couple of months, that show is gold. Can recommend  :)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #771 on: February 03, 2016, 07:38:40 pm »
Been watching the new season of American Dad when I can. Does that count?
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 2322
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:04 pm »
Never seen Death Note before. Liked it for first 12 episodes, currently stuck at 20th. Gets boring, fast. Same old, same old. Two homosexual pricks mentally jerking off each other. Hope there is a grand finale to make it worthwhile sticking through 17 more episodes. Dub is horrible, even original voices piss me off.

Knights of Sidonia used to be the worst anime I've seen so far, because it is pretty shallow but action is fun. But Death Note takes the lead. Shiki still the bestest, extremely underrated anime.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:24 pm »
Been rewatching Monster over the last couple of months, that show is gold. Can recommend  :)

Damn, I still have to watch Monster. Last thing I watched was this thing (apart from occasional Gintama and One Piece): http://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso which was my first musical/max feels anime, but it was decent enough I guess.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 1310
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 03, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »
Never seen Monster anime, but can recommend you to read manga. One of the best out there, for sure. Probably quite a bit better than anime.

Friendly advice, if any of you want to dig into Gunmm universe (Battle Angel Alita) do not under any circumstance watch that anime-whatever it is. Ignore it completely, it is awful beyond belief.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #775 on: February 04, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »
What with that Cameron movie about Alita, havent heard anything about it recetly

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1139
  • Infamy: 1413
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 04, 2016, 08:24:54 pm »
Put on hold, after two more Avatar movies. In other words, ain't going to see light of the day before old man kicks the bucket.

Edit: Seems they changed director. Robert Rodriguez eww

Edit2: Changed my mind after I saw this lel. He's one crazy mofo :lol:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:30:57 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 08, 2016, 04:49:28 am »
+3

I nearly forgot about this one, time for a rewatch. Grorious nippon metal animu

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 08, 2016, 04:55:22 am »
+1
Put on hold, after two more Avatar movies. In other words, ain't going to see light of the day before old man kicks the bucket.

Edit: Seems they changed director. Robert Rodriguez eww

Edit2: Changed my mind after I saw this lel. He's one crazy mofo :lol:
"The content of this film is currently a secret, due to be revealed only when the title is released in 2115."

"The movie is sealed in a bulletproof safe with a timelock, set to open in 2115. 

Louis XIII will give be giving out 1000 metal tickets that will allow the receiver's descendants to go see the screening of "100 years" in 2115."
 lol
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2016, 12:38:09 pm »
Alice in Borderland has been discontinued after ep03 it seems :( I liked the show
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV