Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145477 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #525 on: August 13, 2015, 11:16:37 am »
+2
Got me interested in checking out monster girls damn you!

It's hilarious but it's not something I'll be watching with people in the room.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2015, 09:33:01 pm »
Was watching a top 10 anime worlds you don't want to live in from watch mojo and I saw on the list a zombie series, Highschool of the Dead.

It's nothing special, it has many boob/crotch shots and sadly there's only 1 season but I had fun watching it all at once. Has many cringe worthy scenes while still being gory.

Are there any more anime similar?

[Edit]

Found this anime, Gakkou Gurashi! Seems new. Only 6 episodes so far, and a new episode on thursday. I was shaking my head while watching the first episode since people said it's was in the apocalypse... It's art style is chibi and child like but the end of the episode.... Man, such a twist.

The first episode's ending sure made me say "What the fuck?" in real life. After watching a bit more episodes I'm finding it to be really interesting while also dark. I don't want to spoil anything if what I'm saying makes you curious.

Just hang on judgement on the first half of the first episode then you are shown it's true light. Also don't read any reviews or they will ruin the twist of the first episode. (Tough most reviews tell you to NOT read reviews lol)

This anime brings new things I never expected to work. Like putting hints here and there, that show you what is going on or what will happen in the future from the opening theme (Which changes with the series progression and there's only 7 episodes!) and/or end theme (Which also changes with the series progression). So, if you are looking for a post apocalypse anime to try that isn't like the walking dead, etc but more psychological (At least for now) check it out.

http://anilinkz.tv/gakkou-gurashi-episode-1
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:53:38 pm by Vexus »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #527 on: August 20, 2015, 09:43:40 pm »
+2
Aw shiet, Berserk manga is back with monthly releases :o

FUCKING AWESOME

Just read the most recent chapter, the depth and detail put into every single page is just insane. As per usual ofcourse, but it continues to baffle me.

(click to show/hide)
Love this guy^
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:55:38 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #528 on: August 21, 2015, 06:35:18 pm »
The Hype is real, Berserk lives, now if only vinland saga would become monthly we would saved. It's too sad how much manga goes left waiting. No matter what else this is a joyous occasion, and the chapter was eggcellent.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #529 on: August 22, 2015, 12:34:25 am »
I have a hard time finding new good anime's/movies, maybe ive just kind of grown out of enjoying them outside of through a nostalgia perspective, otherwise they have to be really fucking good for me to like them (Redline redline redline).

So we watched Ninja scroll, great movie, shit series. Watch the movie and be done with it, its not really connected anyways. Very old style, very gorey, nudity, tons of ninjas and all that anime cheese.

The animatrix, its in english afaik, actually really good watch. Neat side stories or i guess stories of pre-trilogy of Matrix. Divided in i think 8? different mini-stories, about 10 minutes each, with different studios animating each, they explain what lead the humanities destruction or show how some get out of the simulation. One of the artstyles stood out to me this time, definitely made by the same studio as redline was, hell i think they even had the same english voice actor as for one of the characters. Love that.

And then Nausicaä of the valley of the wind, everyone shouldve seen this, everyone shouldve seen every studio ghibli movie, they are probably the most enjoyable anime movies for hardcore fans or just casual watchers alike.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #530 on: August 22, 2015, 11:45:09 am »
The Hype is real, Berserk lives, now if only vinland saga would become monthly we would saved. It's too sad how much manga goes left waiting. No matter what else this is a joyous occasion, and the chapter was eggcellent.

I thought vinland saga is updated monthly? Or are just the translators behind so it gets update monthly, on the site i read it? =P

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #531 on: August 23, 2015, 04:58:53 pm »
Subscribe if you havent already

(click to show/hide)

Offline Eddy

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 26, 2015, 08:38:03 pm »
+1

Well, found another gem out of an another random youtube streak =D

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #533 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:39 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Well, found another gem out of an another random youtube streak =D

good find there

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2015, 02:35:03 am »
Speak of the devil 3 chapters came out all of a sudden for vinland saga. I've been reading Rikudo and Karate Shoukoushi weekly and have been really enjoying them. What have you guys been reading?
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 27, 2015, 08:31:12 am »
+1
berserk, hunterxhunter (because it's hip to wait for over a year for new chapters)

Offline Eddy

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:15 pm »
Berserk, Vinland Saga, Karate Shoukoushi, The Gamer, Red Storm, Black Haze, Shokugeki no Soma, The legandary moonlight sculptor, Tower of God, Kingdom, Magi - Sindbad no Bouken, Vagabond, Sekaioni, Shoukoku no Altair, Shirogane no Nina, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Ansatsu no Kyoushitsu, Blood and Steel, Re:Monster ,...

^ im spending too much time on that stuff and manga pretty much replaced my obsession with anime. Only wrote like a quarter of the things im reading but most of them are monthly update
 or the translation was halted.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2015, 11:23:17 pm »
Hyped for the Overlord ep tommorow. Cant wait for Momon to humiliate that annoying bitch.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:40:07 am by Umbra »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2015, 11:25:09 pm »
New Berserk out, looks like they're keeping to their monthly schedule for now 8-)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 01, 2015, 12:51:40 pm »
New Berserk out, looks like they're keeping to their monthly schedule for now 8-)

Next chapter about gats hype?

Always rock this when reading, it has the power to make whatever you may be doing depressing and very berserk like.