Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 145483 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2015, 12:10:30 am »
The subbed series is better

when is it not?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2015, 01:52:08 am »
when is it not?

I meant the second season, which was not dubbed into english. Otherwise I prefer dubs by far.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »
+5
Otherwise I prefer dubs by far.

how do you live with yourself even

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2015, 04:34:11 pm »
+1

Full metal alchemist: brotherhood
Fucking mandatory to watch

People really like that anime that much? I guess i might just be picky..

I've probably mentioned Mushi-shi earlier, but it deserver another mention. Zoku shou (season 2) is finished now, and lightning does strike the same spot twice occasionally, its just as amazing as the first one.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 16, 2015, 04:59:05 pm »
how do you live with yourself even

Who the fuck wants to look at the bottom part of the screen all the time? Besides, japanese dubs are as outrageous as english ones most of the time.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #455 on: May 17, 2015, 02:16:43 am »
Who the fuck wants to look at the bottom part of the screen all the time? Besides, japanese dubs are as outrageous as english ones most of the time.

They dont sound outrageous when you dont understand them though. Eng dubs are a no-go, which few exceptions. Berskerk has a decent dub for example. Also it doesnt take that long to read, and whenever there is dialogue, nothing else goes on on-screen ever..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #456 on: May 17, 2015, 02:50:08 am »
+2
I meant the second season, which was not dubbed into english. Otherwise I prefer dubs by far.

filthy
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 17, 2015, 05:24:46 am »
+1
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:31:51 am by RandoHg »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #458 on: May 17, 2015, 11:47:26 am »
+1

70-80% of people who watch anime on a regular basis. As long as you don´t suck at english, you get used to it very fast. You don´t miss a thing when reading subtitles, even in action scenes. And most of the dubs sadly suck ass :P Although the english version of FLCL and the german version of Hellsing (Alucards voice ftw) were pretty good...japanese voice actors put way more effort into their roles, you should try out japanese dubs. It may be a bit strange at the beginning, but as with the subtitles: you´ll get used to it

Is there a difference between fate stay night and fate zero? Cause I once tried out fate zero with some friends and we quit after the second episode because it was boring as fuck :P and I´m usually used to a lot of talk, like f.e. in Bakemonogatari

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 17, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »
70-80% of people who watch anime on a regular basis. As long as you don´t suck at english, you get used to it very fast. You don´t miss a thing when reading subtitles, even in action scenes. And most of the dubs sadly suck ass :P Although the english version of FLCL and the german version of Hellsing (Alucards voice ftw) were pretty good...japanese voice actors put way more effort into their roles, you should try out japanese dubs. It may be a bit strange at the beginning, but as with the subtitles: you´ll get used to it

Is there a difference between fate stay night and fate zero? Cause I once tried out fate zero with some friends and we quit after the second episode because it was boring as fuck :P and I´m usually used to a lot of talk, like f.e. in Bakemonogatari

Finish Fate/Zero. It picks up.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 17, 2015, 02:39:45 pm »
+1

Fate Zero is the prequel of Fate/Stay Night. I haven't seen Fate Zero yet, but originally Fate/Stay Night was out first and then the prequel, so the 'correct' order of watching should be FSN -> Zero. Just do like me, I started with the new Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Bladeworks), the unlimited budget really shows, fights are crazy good.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 17, 2015, 07:17:28 pm »

Look, it all boils down on your preference. If you wanna say that english dubs suck, then fine, I have the same opinion of japanese ones, apart from the fact I dont know why should I even consider watching it language I dont understand.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #462 on: May 17, 2015, 09:11:56 pm »
mhtrue

still, just an advice: try subtitles. There are some great shows which haven´t been translated but rock pretty hard
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 17, 2015, 10:50:09 pm »
Just finished watching Shirobako.