Author Topic: Board Games  (Read 3341 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Board Games
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:44:42 pm »
+1
Hey look, my board game collection is as big and nasty as my gun collection.  I cant help loving board games, they are fun times for the family and whenever you have friends over for a drink or something.  Just the other day i found at the Salvation Army store 4 board games that look old as dirt and picked them all up for 10 bucks.  Sad i dont have any cool game stores or hobby shops around me, or else i would live in those.

Ive been looking for this board game however, and of course i cant find it in the states, so i may need to enlist the help of someone.  Im looking for the game called "Waldschattenspiel" a german board game, i have looked around even online, but fook me, i cant see spending near 100 dollars on it, and most other places are sold out of it for cheaper prices.  Anyways, is this a common game?  anyone have it?  anyone up to buying it and shipping it for me, while i reimburse or buy it from you over paypal or something?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

How about you, do you guys have any cool board games that arent the usual Clue or Monopoly?  anything i should pick up and buy?  or anything that is a local board game, something that i couldnt ever find here but only in your country? 

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Board Games
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:55:06 pm »
Well... board game not really but if you're into card games you should go check out Android: Netrunner. Totally addicted to it

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:07:50 pm »
+1

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Have the game at home, dunno if it's complete and if my family wants to sell it, though. Was great fun to play it when I was younger.
I'm a board game lover too, theres a really nice board game/larp meeting in Bochum (Nordrhein Westfalen) every year, great to try out new games and buy used/new ones cheap.
At the moment I'm mostly into Shogun/Risiko, all kinds of Lord of the Rings games and games like Steel Driver/Railroad Tycoon.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 06:22:15 pm »
+7
Settlers of Catan is pretty fun.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 06:37:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Have the game at home, dunno if it's complete and if my family wants to sell it, though. Was great fun to play it when I was younger.
I'm a board game lover too, theres a really nice board game/larp meeting in Bochum (Nordrhein Westfalen) every year, great to try out new games and buy used/new ones cheap.
At the moment I'm mostly into Shogun/Risiko, all kinds of Lord of the Rings games and games like Steel Driver/Railroad Tycoon.

i just wanted to know if it was something you could easily pick up in europe, because i dont wanna spend 70-100 dollars on the damn thing when you could pick it up in any hobby shop for 10 euros.  I was hoping someone would be able to answer that question, unless this is some sort of super mysterious game that nobody has ever heard of, lol.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9220/saboteur

Everyone loves it :)

looks very fun, and the fact you can have 10 players is a huge plus, idk how many times im like "hey lets play this, oh fook 5 people and its a 4 player :("

Offline rebbrown

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RebBrown, RebBrewn, RobBrewn, TimursLameBrother.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »
Ticket to Ride is an amazing boardgame. First timers can play and compete straight away, playing a game doesn't take TOO long and it's just a whole lot of fun to play.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 07:33:16 pm »
i just wanted to know if it was something you could easily pick up in europe, because i dont wanna spend 70-100 dollars on the damn thing when you could pick it up in any hobby shop for 10 euros.  I was hoping someone would be able to answer that question, unless this is some sort of super mysterious game that nobody has ever heard of, lol.

looks very fun, and the fact you can have 10 players is a huge plus, idk how many times im like "hey lets play this, oh fook 5 people and its a 4 player :("

Costs 26 Euro at Manufactum ( http://www.manufactum.de/waldschattenspiel-p753717/?a=10299&sizeId=3738829&adword=PLA/g_g/Sport_und_Spiel/Spieleklassiker/Waldschattenspiel///1o1 )
Cheaper on ebay, though. Used ones go down to 10 Euro or so ( http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/310876895168?lpid=106&_configDebug=ViewItemDictionary.ENABLE_PAYMENTS_IN_HLP:true&hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1 ). Maybe a German can buy and send it to you.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »
Costs 26 Euro at Manufactum ( http://www.manufactum.de/waldschattenspiel-p753717/?a=10299&sizeId=3738829&adword=PLA/g_g/Sport_und_Spiel/Spieleklassiker/Waldschattenspiel///1o1 )
Cheaper on ebay, though. Used ones go down to 10 Euro or so ( http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/310876895168?lpid=106&_configDebug=ViewItemDictionary.ENABLE_PAYMENTS_IN_HLP:true&hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1 ). Maybe a German can buy and send it to you.

ya, thats what i was hoping for, see i cant read german, so its hard enough to navigate sites to find the damn thing, and then when i did, they were out of order lol.  If someone could get me to a site thatll ship to the U.S or able to purchase one, and send it to me, thats what i was hoping for!(ill give u back the money of course on paypal)

will this manufactum site ship to the U.S?

and does the ebay guy say he has all the pieces and what not?  i dont really want it if it looks like he used it as a coffee table for years.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:28:09 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »
Anyone help? any more recommendations?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 10:40:46 pm »
'Talisman: The Magical Quest Game', from Games Workshop.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:50:01 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 01:50:32 am »
+1
Saboteur has a nice concept but the execution is dumb imo. Among my fav board games are Funkenschlag, Roborally and Cyclades

Settlers of Catan is pretty fun.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 01:54:06 am »
+2
My friends and I play a little Arkham Horror + some of the expansions and Carcassone (easy, fairly fun, and fast).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:10:29 am »
+1
My friends and I tried to play Arkham Horror, then we got roflstomped in 10 minutes.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »
More bored games please.