Author Topic: EU Melee Duel Tournament  (Read 26663 times)

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: EU Melee Duel Tournament
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »
+2
I can see where the whole idea of this tournament was going. Whose ever idea it was to give people one(1) specific and one(1) time only to show up for their duels obviously wanted to put the public into public event.
Admittedly, the past duel tournaments weren't exactly high in spectator numbers or anything because the participants were given almost complete freedom when to take their duels up with their adversary thus pretty much limiting those tournaments to their participants.
Too bad the organisators failed to realise (too late?) that hardly anyone would have time every single day they needed them to yet were unable or, more likely, unwilling to change anything when adjustments to that would have still adhered to their greater idea of a public community event.
Honestly, I can't see anyone being happy the way this tournament turned out except for those who didn't have to face off against bloody death, qoray, fisk and all the other high profile players.
All this whole event section has spawned so far is people circle-jerking and one incredibly needy admin

(click to show/hide)
All I can say from my side is that you're free to stay away from whatever tournament we're planning in the future if you don't like the way we do things. Actually, I would highly appreciate it personally.

Every single one participating in this tournament was friendly, forthcoming and kind during all match days. You on the other hand were nothing but a disturbance, an annoyance for everyone. Maybe you should give that a thought?

It has been explained why we do this the way we did it several times. And as Bagge already said, we're not willing to repeat it constantly for those not willing or not able to read. my personal guess is that you belong to the latter group.

Nonetheless, ofc you're free to participate in the upcoming tournaments as you see fit. BUT... I suggest a change in attitude.

I won't take notice nor react to any following posts you gonna make on this topic. If you dislike me personally, that is your good right, I'd like to ask you tho to stop pestering everyone else with your biased negativity.

Have a good evening.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2014, 09:29:49 pm »
I just rerereread your post carefully but all I can see is you acting uppity and high and mighty because someone isn't sucking it up to you on the internet. No points I made were adressed.

Your tournament was shit and you're in denial about it. You could have changed something making it a better experience for everyone but no, you decided to be a bitch jerking off over your newly gained admin rights.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:55:15 pm by wayyyyyne »

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2014, 09:43:31 pm »
+2
Wayyyne, it wasnt shit, sure it had its downs but keep in mind that it was the first tournament.

Cut them some slack.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2014, 09:44:35 pm »
+5
Wayne is mad

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2014, 09:49:30 pm »
Wayyyne, it wasnt shit, sure it had its downs but keep in mind that it was the first tournament.

Cut them some slack.

Like how fucking hard would it have been to reschedule the duels that didn't take place on one day for the next one?
That's really my one and only complaint and I fail to understand how you would not comply to that when there's literally nothing to be gained, from an organisatory point of view, from insisting on "lol ur out ;))))"

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2014, 09:51:23 pm »
As a quick side-note:

I asked Bagge and Tydeus to handle anything related to Wayyyyne in the future.
Consequently, he's on my ignore list now.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2014, 09:52:29 pm »
Is this your second day on the internet or something molly?

Offline Tydeus

• Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2014, 09:58:40 pm »
+2
Butthurt he got DQ'ed, oh when will it end.
Mad cuz DQ'ed? He didn't even sign up for the Tournament, he's just a substitute.

I can see where the whole idea of this tournament was going. Whose ever idea it was to give people one(1) specific and one(1) time only to show up for their duels obviously wanted to put the public into public event.
Yeah, we wanted the first official tournament to be a large public event. That's pretty much 100% what it was. If your problem is with the format, which is certainly what seems to be the case, then I suggest paying attention to the format a little more. Oh right, you actually joined the tournament without knowing anything about it because you were just a substitute for some drop-out.

Don't worry, this isn't the last duel tournament. We'll definitely be doing another within the next 6 months.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2014, 10:00:24 pm »
+4

gimme ma crown
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2014, 10:02:12 pm »
+2
Wayyne I've already said and agreed it sucks to DQ players and I hate doing tournaments like events. This was more of an opening act before our headliner (5v5 tournament), that is why we didn't allow second chances or rescheduling matches, we simply didn't have the time for it.

Again, I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy it and I hope you will enjoy the next one if you will take part of it. I promise, the next tournament will grant you more freedom and allow you to schedule matches.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2014, 10:15:07 pm »
Mad cuz DQ'ed? He didn't even sign up for the Tournament, he's just a substitute.
Really? Then this agression towards the organizers makes even less sense, since they all took out some of their time to organize a tournament for everyone.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2014, 10:23:14 pm »
Yeah, we wanted the first official tournament to be a large public event. That's pretty much 100% what it was.

No it wasn't. Maybe up to like 90% because it effectively excluded those who didn't happen to have free time when it took place.
And wasn't it painfully obvious, just mathematically speaking, that not everybody would have time for all your set dates?
Disqualifying people with no chance for them to do it on the next scheduled date was a shot you hit your own leg with. It would have cost you nothing in time. Whether a duel takes place on one date or the other, it's literally the same in effort you have to put into organizing it. The only difference would have been that one would have been more of a community event than the other.

edit: btw I really don't know how me being a substitute changes anything of what I've said, but hey
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:16:24 pm by wayyyyyne »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2014, 10:23:41 pm »
+3
this game doesn't benefit your life in anyway.
winning or losing in the tournament doesn't benefit your life in anyway.
winning or losing in public servers doesn't benefit your life in anyway.

please understand this, it has no effect so just enjoy the game for what it is.

games are for taking a break from reality and should make you happy atleast, so why be mad bro?

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2014, 11:19:41 pm »
wayyyyyne_the_intolerant

yeh it wasn´t perfect but we´re just happy these kind of tournaments actually take place after all the time. We still had some very intense fights and some crazy bets  :o
Just deal with it, the tournament is over now. They´ll get better anyways

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2014, 11:37:54 pm »
I`d love to see a themed battle before the start of the 5v5, we can make it until next sunday  :mrgreen: