Author Topic: A few suggestions for Battle regarding multi & deployable equipment  (Read 337 times)

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
Background

I first pitched these ideas in game and got a good response from it and several people asked me to make a thread, so here it is.

I'm gonna keep it short and to the point.

1. The outcome of the first round after a map change should not change the multi gained in a previous map. Instead, players should only get gold & xp from kills/points while the multi is temporarily disabled.

My reasoning for this is that the teams during the first round are always unbalanced, simply because autobalance* hasn't struck yet and the team that happens to get the good players / most archers / most cav just completely steamrolls the other team and unfairly robs them of their multi without there being much they can do to prevent it.

After the first round is over, the multi gained from the previous map shall once again become active, and kills will no longer give gold or xp.

2. Increase the "ammunition" for deployable defensive equipment (siege shields & cav stakes) to 2 per item.

Right now, anyone who decides to bring equipment to help their team is severely penalized for little gain. One siege shield or one cav stake is simply not enough to really accomplish anything. Teamplay is almost non-existent in Battle and I strongly feel that the few players who take it upon them to help their team should be better able to do so.

I also suggest increasing the equipment limit in Battle servers. It is too low currently.

That's pretty much it.
I realize cRPG needs more overarching changes to encourage teamplay. My suggestions, while not solving the problem, should atleast make Battle a little less frustrating experience.

What do you think? If you agree, feel free to +1 this post.

*The awful cRPG autobalance is a separate issue and so it will not be discussed in this thread.

Edit: Changed first suggestion to include xp/gold for points as well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:16:26 pm by kono yaro! »

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
+1
I agree with no. 1 the team balance at round 1 of battle can be severely unbalanced, and have not understood how this is so, apart from people joining at different times?

no. 2 I do also agree on however I am not sure how that would increase teamplay, just increase stake spam.

I have thought about how to increase teamplay for a while and one idea (although I am not sure if it could be implemented) would be for the first lets say minute both teams would be unable to move outside of a certain area, giving chance for the commander to give orders, for people to form units (archers with archers, clans with clans, bat. flags to be assigned etc.) also equip boxes to be built, maybe even catapults, after all we do have those beautiful construction sites which are rarely used. Once the minute is over the battle starts as normal.

sorry for going off topic there but good ideas :)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Yep to number 1 except not sure about xp/gold based on kills. Might be abusable. Maybe just disable xp/gold altogether in round 1 but make the round super short, so you basically just move to round 2 after everyone loads into the map. Then enable multis again based on previous map

Personally I feel stakes are kind of anti team play. The amount of times i've seen them used to block your own team from retreating is too damn high. Possibly make them 1 slot but make them much narrower. Siege shields are pretty decent as they are but maybe they could be 1 slot and cheaper? I can imagine ranged taking them though and getting into lame positions while having protection from ranged, their main counter
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Hmm, I had an idea that would reward the entire team by having a total xp reward at the end of each round. The points of the entire team will be added onto eachother, this total amount of points will reward the entire team with an x amount of xp/point.

Seeing as the amount of points on battle in a 25 vs 25 (a decent average number of players I think?) is about 300(? - im not sure) per team (Note that this is for one round, not an entire map). And a round will take on average 3.5 minutes which is a base xp value (no gen bonus)as it is now of 3000xp (1k/min, I think?).
Each point could reward for 10 xp, making those points total at 3000 xp.

But that is just the base xp everyone will get, the kills you make as an effective player should also be rewarded. Lets say 150xp per kill added on top of the base xp value of 3000xp. I reckon a reasonably good player would rack 5 kills on an average round, he would total at 3750 xp earned for that round.

Ofcourse numbers here are just used as an example, I think only testing it would allow you to fine tune a new xp system. For example, the round of those 25 vs 25 could go real quick making the average xp earned per hour of play drasticly rise as to compared to how it is atm.

Imo stakes and siege shields should be an item supplied in-game, in limited number. Say 6 SS per team and 6 stakes. But then youll have abusers who ninja the SS and stakes. Though some kind of Siege Commander vote could fix this, this commander will assign 2 more siege troops these three will all receive 2SS and 2stakes in their inventory and they dont have weight.

The voting should be a forced nomination vote at the start of the round, evryone can only vote once here, on 1 person. The  top three voted on players in your team will be force voted again one after the other. with their names announced in team chat by the server before the vote, so you know who the contestants are. Everyone will be able to vote on every contestent yes/no. The one with the highest amount of votes will win the siege commander position, and assign two more aids.

Yes clan stacking will result in them having the siege equipment but you fuckwits should follow a clan anyways for insta-victory.

I would like to see them come with a lower penalty to them but if we make them 2 per item as you suggested and seeing as c-rpg is they will be spammed like crazy. In any way that makes them more accesible will result in them being spammed. :P

Or do it like this :P Make them loomeable and if you loom them up for each level youll get an additional ammo count, so at +1 youll have 2, +2 you'll have 3 and here is the qlimax, at +3 they'll be a bit more dureable
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:50:04 am by Joseph Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™