Poll

Should the ban be modified?

No, keep him banned for the whole time.
No, give him a chance to write an essay.
Yes, Give him one month of a ban.
Yes, unban him (after 1 week)
Give him run.

Author Topic: Opinions  (Read 84668 times)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: Opinions
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2014, 08:47:36 am »
it's too bad lemon will never be able to see me in game ever again. because of the permaban.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:33 am »
+5
fuck your balancing, fuck your rules, realize this shit is broken, un-balance-able and dying, every thing devs \ admins do at this point should be focused on KEEPING PLAYERS PLAYING

I'd like to mention that the only job a regular admin has is to punish people for breaking the rules. They are by definition only given extra power to stop certain people from playing the game the way they do.

Whether or not that leads to more people enjoying their experience or if it "keeps players playing" seems to depend, in the eyes of the community, on who it is getting punished. See also the thread's title for more on that debate.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2014, 02:58:41 pm »
+2
They are by definition only given extra power to stop certain people from playing the game the way they do.

I hope you meant players who break the rules and not because they offend certain people/admins.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:01 am »
+1
I'd like to mention that the only job a regular admin has is to punish people for breaking the rules. They are by definition only given extra power to stop certain people from playing the game the way they do.

Whether or not that leads to more people enjoying their experience or if it "keeps players playing" seems to depend, in the eyes of the community, on who it is getting punished. See also the thread's title for more on that debate.

I stand by what i said

"holy fuck what a shit community, with gayass rules and bullshit admins

if they arnt cheating \ hacking, UNBAN THEM ALL" <<<<<<<<<<<<

Correct me if i am wrong, Lemon was permabanned for...chatting the way you dont like?

You dont wanna be labeled a bullshit admin, then dont perma ban someone when you can mute them, how many pointless bans have there been that could have been resolved simply by mutting them? IE people arnt getting banned because they "break the rules", they get banned by an admin that doesnt like them.

Rules for "how players are allowed to chat" are thee stupidest rules any game with a mute function can have.

The end result ALWAYS is a environment where certain people can say whatever they want, and get a thousand warnings for breaking such a meager rule as "chat abuse", while others get banned instantly for doing the exact same thing if they arnt liked by an admin.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #394 on: May 16, 2014, 12:51:55 am »
please unban lemon

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2014, 01:08:35 am »
+2

Correct me if i am wrong, Lemon was permabanned for...chatting the way you dont like?

Did you read the logs from the day Lemon was banned? He  teamwounded and said "GF" over and over all day long. That's on top of his ban record before that (which is enough to warrant a permaban for any further offenses).

I do wish he could be unbanned, but given lengthly bans for any further offenses. Would be unfair to other players that have been permabanned after one dozen or more temporary bans though. And I don't write the rules, I just enforce them.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2014, 01:23:21 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

So what you both are saying is free Spook and Farmer Nate? Sounds good to me, just throw Lemon in there while you're at it.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2014, 01:26:00 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

So what you both are saying is free Spook and Farmer Nate? Sounds good to me, just throw Lemon in there while you're at it.

Farmer nate actually got unbanned, I just don't think he really ever came back to the game.

Spook should be freed but people are too ass-angered to let that happen.

also please unban lemon

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2014, 01:28:23 am »
+1
I never knew that Farmer Nate got unbanned. GG Spook fans
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2014, 01:30:52 am »
+2
thwree mai fwrend Lemon pls imma cry if u do nut

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2014, 01:31:38 am »
+2
Can't lemon just be made into the next smoothrich, permanently muted in game and such?

Also I heard that spook came back for a while, playing with a different name. Unfortunately he didn't seem to stick around.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:16:04 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2014, 02:17:48 am »
+2
thwree mai fwrend Lemon pls imma cry if u do nut

Stryzy you're drunk, go to bed. :oops:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2014, 04:32:26 am »
+7
Can't lemon just be made into the next smoothrich, Permanently muted in game and such?

Also I heard that spook came back for a while, playing with a different name. Unfortunately he didn't seem to stick around.

(click to show/hide)

?

I'm not muted in game. I just rarely bother talking to plebs when I play except to lament the hilariously low server skill level that lets me get 20+ kills a map when I play for 15 minutes once every six months. A skill level almost as shit as your posting.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline The_PermaBanned_Hero

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2014, 04:55:57 am »
+2
A skill level almost as shit as your posting.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2014, 04:57:14 am »
+3
?

I'm not muted in game. I just rarely bother talking to plebs when I play except to lament the hilariously low server skill level that lets me get 20+ kills a map when I play for 15 minutes once every six months. A skill level almost as shit as your posting.

Someone please remind me why Smoothrich can't be an admin? I love this guy more than I did when I first started playing four years ago.