Author Topic: Stupidity  (Read 18283 times)

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
Re: Stupidity
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2014, 07:13:33 pm »
+1
I just don't have the answer to this question : what is their goal ? Unite all major clans and divide Calradia in equal parts without a fight ? That's very peacefull, UNO would agree.
Now you can restart Strat again and again, it becomes worst each time.

To force them to fight each other, devs should give a reward to the winning faction (gold, XP, hall of fame or whatever). That way, none of them could say "hmmm, we are pretty big, we won this round".

I just don't understand why the goal for little factions is to defeat UIF, while they have absolutly no goal to reach.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2014, 07:14:53 pm »
I was today on one battle for neutrals - a nightmare ... who are these people?
how we can solve that issue together, autobus?

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2014, 07:22:18 pm »
+2
The problem is you cant force someone to play like you want. So UIF wont fight each other and the rest wont get together and fight UIF.
its a game and with the million games i can play, its easy to leave a game that i dont like. Usually i would call "anti-UIF" cowards for not just fighting for fun against UIF. But in this case i hear, that this is in every strat the same and they are simply bored of it. For the most people its not the "i will lose" factor, its a never changing fight

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:34 pm »
+1
You all miss the point.
This is a game, only reason to play it is to have fun.
Now tell me why would i unite with people i don't actually like ? (Not my thought tho i still think we could have fun by forming a gigantic block but i understand lots of people thinking this way and they are right.)
If it was a real battle of course we would unite ,set aside our differences and historical hostility and unite against the upcoming threat. (Like what catholics did against saracens.)
But it is just a game. People don't want to play it with guys whom they don't like. Nothing can force them to do so.
Simple as that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:45:53 pm by HarunYahya »

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2014, 07:53:40 pm »
You miss the point : they like themselves so much that they just can't fight each others.
The problem is not little faction who refuse to join, the problem comes from big factions who play together.

The solution : at the end of the strategus round you'd have a winner. Village : 1 point, castle : 3 points; City : 10 points
You are second ? It means you get fucked by your favorite ally. You were too stupid to be his auxilliary instead rallying little factions to your side.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »
+3
So, outside all if the whining, what I'm getting is this:  kalmar and friends attacked DRZ weak points.  Mostly remote villages and fiefs with crime, as well as their trade caravans and trade partners.  Now that DRZ had repelled the whiners and is ready to counter attack, you no longer want to fight then and will apparently sabotage yourself.  Sounds like a lot of bad sportsmanship to me.

The idea behind the attacks on Grey and DRZ was to show initiative and afterwards get support from other clans. DRZ is at least four times bigger, if not more than we are and the support we got wasn't as high as we hoped for. Before these attacks DRZ had already wiped us off the map - without us showing any aggression towards them. We tried to unite the rest of the map as individuals against a large common enemy, but received little support and not even roster support.

Call us cowards if you want to, but there was no interest in Strat by most non-UIF clans from the beginning. This shows quite heavily in the rosters and I can't remember doing one single roll call this strat - because we can't even get full rosters, let alone pick the best players... Grey and Druzhina are both well organized clans that are a tough cookie to crack even on even footing, but when they stack odds against us in every way, it's no longer enjoyable for any of us.

Murdertron, we thank your clan for the 10k trade goods though. Well played moving those through the warzone undefended, it really helped our economy. Too bad DRZ doesn't make such mistakes.

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Beleg
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »
pfffff. so much retardation going on this thread including both sides. If I had a little piece of brain, I would quit this game right now. But everyone knows that won't happen. I'll continue to be proud of being so called "strong". and others gonna keep crying about how a bitch and coward I am .

The bitter truth hurts my friends. We're all no lifer idiots.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2014, 08:13:15 pm »
You miss the point : they like themselves so much that they just can't fight each others.
I can, but Hetman can't  :mrgreen: I swear each time when I must fight DRZ on siege server  :wink:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2014, 08:15:03 pm »
+1
The truth is that we are addicted. Nubspawnrape addiction. Strong dependence. We need help. Give us all your silver. We gather for professional therapy  :wink:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »
+3
Although the numbers of active players are somewhat even, I agree that Anti-UIF factions are not organized and can't work as a whole. I do realize that you are united just because you are forced to. If your goal is to defeat UIF then i don't think you have high chances.
Although I'm quite sure you can put up a great fight and have tons of fun doing it, i also realize that playing against the odds is no fun to most of us and that is why i don't suggest you go and fight UIF, i suggest we solve that issue together.

the Anti UIF clans have been putting up a great fight for like 4 strats now :P you don't have fun because all the leaders burn out because you have to put so much effort in to try to organize stuff not just in your own clan but between 5-7 other clans trying to form a block all with different ideas and goals. People spend so much time trying then when it comes down to the battles they are outnumbered and usually have inferior gear. This causes the normal players to not give a crap because who wants to defend a castle for an hour against heavily armed people when you know you cant win?

You cant expect people to just keep forming an anti uif block and screaming and having to organise battles at times that are insane if you have a job until the end of crpg :D They just cant do it anymore so simply wont try
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »
+3
I'm not really into Strat and all but looking at those sieges tonight for the castles... with DRZ and GO as attacking party... the defenders side is kinda full with people... just saying...

For your big plan to work you kinda need to involve all those Strat randomers. Otherwise... well... you'll figure it out.  :?
OdE, Deserters and Vandals showing up on defense in big numbers, well i guess UIF has found themselves some worthy adversary. We will see how long this spark of resistance will last. Only to make this clear perfectly clear to these factions, i wont show up on any roster which would fight GO/DRZ/Kapis. While i rallied players still for the Desert encounter, i wont anymore when it comes to those factions, not because i dislike you, but because i wont loose any more energy on a lost cause. Good Luck for your encounters.

Strategus is all about battles, which can be held without anti-UIF, it worked out well in past with set up fights between UIF, it will work in the future. In fact, that will only benefit those randomers who cba to join factions and just want to play the game as loners.
Even if every single non-UIF member leaves strat, druzhina and GO alone have enough players to fill the rosters and have great fights while having all the map to themselves.
i got no problem with that, let them have the whole map, let them make their fun battles, i and a lot of others wont be a part of it. We just stop playing, lots of us will also stop playing cRPG, too. No point in both things, rather not play a crappy game then give in to fucked up game mechanics which would force us into block wars.

I think UIF is a gaming community with its own microclimate and relationships and the lack of english speakers in it makes it only logical that fighting between each other will be the last thing they do. You were a part of UIF long enough to understand that.
By that kind of logic, i would not have attacked in strat 3, the alliance of HRE/Fallen/GK/Kapis/Byz/Mercs as HRE represented back then most of the german community and i am german, you know speaking the same language ^^. This often ahs tried to be pointed out by GO and DRZ i nthe past, that they the slavik clans which try to stick together . While i see the narrative as valuable to get players and have a cohereance within the clan, i would not accept this as an argumentation of making new allies, as Nebun , Hetman and lots of others speak englsih well enough. Then again, it is not about new alleis, but efighting friends. Where now is there the problem? If they are mature adults, like you implied i would not be one of those, then they can fight wars without loosing their friendships cant they?

I won't question the truthfulness of your statements but I'm quite sure that grown up men should embrace the problem rather than doing what you guys did. Shunning, crying, making thousands of posts describing how you don't care anymore is what a child would do.

If you value the fun strategus can bring, if you really think that "anti-UIF vs UIF" paradigm is rather destructive due to reduced anti-UIF numbers - have a public discussion on it. Gather every strat leader, everyone who is interested in that discussion, get devs involved and find a way to get over the issue. And most important, make UIF a part of that discussion, don't try to force your solutions on it, i can assure you that strategus dying is the last thing UIF wants and they can collaborate if you ask them.
As we haven't tried ... get lost, program some shit to get some balance done, but dont accuse me or anyone we wouldnt have tried discussing this shit with them. The only thing devs sofar have introduced this round is, more micro and more imbalance. So pardon my french, but devs contribution sofar is null and void to the problem. You want me to spill it out for you? Strategus is bullshit the way it is , when it comes to game balanace. People will always try to go the easiest way, the most energy safing, most cost efficient way. In terms of strategus and cRPG it is to get more members in one faction, to have more drones to do stuff , to get faster more ressoruces. Aslong you dont counter that shit aslong you will end up with 2 blocks or well in this case now 1 block ^^.

I and most others who are not UIF, dont want to fight a fast superrior organisation, because there is no fun in it, when you face an adversary which can easily wipe you out. So no we dont want to fight them, as there is no chance of winning involved. Even with all the none-UIF factions involved, i dare say even with the NA clans involved(which would not want to come to EU as we dont want to goto NA(fuck that ping and timedifferentiall). There is no motivation left to struggle when you know up front the outcome.

They asked us not to quit the game, so we dont. But we are also not here for "only" their amusement. We wont do what is not fun for us, if that will then end up also not being fun for them, why would i care, not like in their fucked up minds i should ally to people who are similarily fucked up as they, only to get some battles against them doen.

When the AI fiefs are gone, how many organized good fights you think you still get? Who will fight you OdE surly on their own, because they are the brave once here, right Butan? Oh wait i forgot you are Bubastan now fighting the brave fight to steal S&D and run away with it ^^. Vandals, because they have a grudge against GO? Well AMrtim, i wish you all the best, this is your first Strategus so i can see that you still have a lot more energy for this shit. Deserters because they dont give a fuck in any case ... yeah Bandit faction?

Public thread with devs in it, Arn. Solving issues may be hard sometimes, harder than saying "don't attack us you retards" to first polish guy you see.
bullshit. I spoke my piece and adressed chadz in the announcement for this strat, nothing happens into that direction.  Look at my sig whihc i have for quite a while now. I and others spoke to GO/DRZ/Kapis and the only thing we got is the middlefinger. So well now they got ours.
But hell go ahead, programm some fanzy micromangement BS which then would make the game so much more fun, instead of facing the realities, that without a real effort in balancing, which never happened sofar within Strat, Strat is just an empty husk where huge clans and mega alliances can role over the smaller once. No thank you, i got no interest in that sort of game anymore. So we play it the way we like it and at a time that would be denied to us, we say again, fuck you and would not resist.

damn i even have to agree with Osiris. This game is so fucked up in terms of micromangment when it comes to your own clan. But when i then try to get people organized ... i got no life left for myself, i'd rather go back playing pacman then get all railed up again over this BS. 4 big clans working together is nothing compared of 20+ smalelr factions to get running into the same direction.

Autobus get a fixed diplomatic system going and base balancing onto that. There your solution you wanted to find for us. Bravo well done, move a long. pfffff having the balls to say we would not have tried, would not have made sugestions pffff
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2014, 10:51:53 pm »
+4
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

So that's how we roll now, and you can't dispute those words cos they come straight from your Eastern European overlords.
My new signature :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2014, 11:18:56 pm »
+1
Maybe you should stop being such an autist and hating 99% of the community.  Also, to further demonstrate your inconsideration, you don't care if you ruin the UIF's fun.  So, I submit that you are actually the horrible person, and not anyone in the UIF.

Considering you town centered half of them so you could actually get away, I highly doubt they are helping as much as you are saying.  But, I invite you to go back and get them, for the full benefit.
I would reply to that but i quit taking murricans serious and trying to explain things to em. So yeah he amk anan da oyle diyodu amın evladı...

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2014, 02:19:23 am »
+2
"Why don't you all shut up!"
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(