Author Topic: Unban request  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
Unban request
« on: April 08, 2014, 06:09:47 pm »
Why am I banned? Yes im attacking my own village but that is because I couldn't do anything with the village control so decided to attack it to see if I could do that, It worked? Im guessing this is because when I first attacked the village I was part of The Kalmar Union and in the 24hour battle prep time I was removed from the faction and after claiming the village it bugged out due to this. I don't really see how I have done anything wrong.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
Re: Unban request
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:43 pm »
This is true - same thing happened to me: left a clan whilst prepping for village defense... I had no access to roster or anything. "luckily" it was going to be a non-event anyway, due to attackers out numbering us. I believe Artyem also had some problem where he attacked himself: http://forum.melee.org/strategus-issues/fief-double-attack/
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:41 pm »
Pretty disgusting how tydeus banned you just so he could have an easier time with his attack.  :(
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:32:31 pm »
Yes it would be completely lame if Tydeus was behind this. That would be a "Bad Loser" move to the highest degree and a complete conflict of interests.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:13:33 am »
I had nothing to do with the banning, outside of providing links to battles and screenshots of strategus. I was asked for my opinions on what I thought should be done, multiple times. Each time I specifically stated it was up to everyone else.

19:17 <Tydeus> up to everyone else
19:18 <Canary> because of conflict of interest on your part I presume?
19:18 <Tydeus> absolutely

I don't even have the ability to issue a global ban to begin with.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:19:39 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:10:12 am »
So what exactly was he banned for? Cause artyem attacked a fief that he owned earlier in strat.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=503

Yes it says a different name for defense now because it defaults to the current owner, but the fact remains that if he was banned for this glitch it is rather fucking fishy. Now if he was banned for something else then never mind me.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 08:15:17 am »
I attacked the fief once outside of the APA, and then when I joined the APA again it forced a second attack for some reason.  I'm not entirely sure how this went down, and I don't have anything to do with the outcome, but the roles were reversed in my situation.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:20:59 am »
I attacked the fief once outside of the APA, and then when I joined the APA again it forced a second attack for some reason.  I'm not entirely sure how this went down, and I don't have anything to do with the outcome, but the roles were reversed in my situation.

It sounds very similar though. Were you not in the "No Faction" faction for the first attack, and then in the APA for the second? Dutchy was in Kalmar for the first, and in "No Faction" for the second. Like if there was a function to prevent people bailing from their faction with a fief in tow without having to fight for it this might be how it would work.

In any event we've no real information as to why dutchy was banned, and all we see from it is tydeus directly benefiting. Maybe he didn't have anything to do with it, but a couple of easily faked chat messages are frankly not enough for me, especially with such a similar situation being completely looked over earlier in strat. I don't necessarily believe anything untoward happened here, but it seems awfully fucking fishy.

edit: well after talking with artyem about his situation it seems as if it is not a similar glitch at all. Artyem never actually owned the fief before the attack, he joined the faction after the attack initiated and somehow became owner (correct me artyem if that is wrong). Essentially ignore me completely thank you very much. :\
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:43:37 am by Sparvico »

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 09:11:22 am »
I still believe there is some bug associated with being involved in a village attack/defense and leaving a faction during this scenario. Having experienced it myself.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:14 am »
Its a  bug and I am banned for it, what a load of shit. I attacked it because even though I owned it I couldn't do anything in the fief as if I didn't own it. So I decided to see if I could attack the fief I owned that I didn't really own, it worked and I get banned for that? I don't even get a reason or a length of ban. Im guessing the bann will be for at least 1 week so Tydeus will have an easyer time respeccing Bulugur.

I wasn't attacking the village for any reason apart from hoping I could actually use the fief as owner but honestly didn't even expect it to work.

Obviously the bug happens if you attack a village while in a clan and then someone removes you from the clan in the 24hour battle prep time, if you win you don't really own the fief and have no access to the roster for that battle. I had no access to any feature of owning the fief

For the record Tydeus you talk about integrity of this situation while you attack the village obviously with integrity? Your not exploiting my bullshit bann are you?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:56:33 am by Dutchydave »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »

For the record Tydeus you talk about integrity of this situation while you attack the village obviously with integrity? Your not exploiting my bullshit bann are you?
Wouldn't surprise me the least.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
Personally I think all fief transfers done through attack should be bannable, or otherwise disallowed.  Part of strat is choosing the right person to own a fief and having them do things properly.

Just so we're clear, I was the initial complainant about this.  If you remember, when smooth and blackzilla did this last strat it was heibous, and they should have been punished. I didn't go through the forum posts route, I went straight to irc and talking to the admins directly.  You see, I believe in the integrity of Strategus.  That is, until all the gear gets duped, then you better get your exp while the exp is good.

However, onto the matter of Dutchy himself.  Let us not forget his multiple instances of foul play last strat.  He item bombed Ichamur last Strat when Matey owned it, prompting a thread to complain about that.  Unfortunately, nothing again was done by our fabulous Dev/admin team, because this is NA and we should all go fuck ourselves.  For those of you wondering, he still managed to fail misrebly in taking Ichamur.  Now, that was not the only instance for Dutchy.  After FCC took Reyvadin (I think, perhaps Curaw), the FCC went after every KUTT member fleeing the city as if they were children who had just opened a piñata.  KUTT, who had actually never bothered showing up for battles they felt they would lose, all of a sudden started showing up just to retreat.  Normally, that would be no big deal, but there was a big at the time, causing retreating defenders to actually win their battles.  Sure, one time could be called a mistake, but I was recently reminded that this happened three or four times, multiple times after the big was reported on the forums.  Someone had even fingered Dutchy as directly responsible for every instance.  How he was able to figure this out, I'm not sure but said informant is very reliable and does not get things wrong.  I'm sure the rosters are available somewhere in the great Strategus 4 archives if the matter had to be further investigated.

So, in closing, I would have to say:  Dutchy, sorry, but you have no place in Strategus.  Your history speaks for you and you continually manage to damage the integrity of Strategus and I have no reason to believe you will ever stopped unless your ban remains.

As an aside, Artyem's context is entirely different.  He has just taken an AI fief, and there was no one in the area in direct contest with Artyem's fief.  Dutchy, the owner of Bulugar was attacked right on top of the village less than half a day before the battle was to take place and the fief logically attacked next since the owner was getting teleported. That is an awfully convenient excuse for someone who has a history of abusing bugs.  Bear in mind that it was you who declared eternal war for Bulugar, you are only making yourself look worse.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:46:41 pm by MURDERTRON »
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:45:24 pm »
So if someone is unable to manage the fief that they are the lord of, what should they do?  Wait until someone else attacks it, and then attack it back?  If what he is saying is true, he was unable to transfer the fief to someone else, unable to manage the fief.  His only option was to attack his own fief.

Seems a little bit sketchy that he was banned for this.  Unless he's completely lying his ass off...
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 07:47:52 pm »
So if someone is unable to manage the fief that they are the lord of, what should they do?  Wait until someone else attacks it, and then attack it back?  If what he is saying is true, he was unable to transfer the fief to someone else, unable to manage the fief.  His only option was to attack his own fief.

Seems a little bit sketchy that he was banned for this.  Unless he's completely lying his ass off...

If the owner is stupid enough to get teleported, he must deal with the consequences.  This is a strategy game , there are no unfair mechanics, just stupid strategists.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:54:37 pm by MURDERTRON »
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:23 pm »
Oh I wasn't sure what happened, I was trying to find out more information (since I'm curious as to what was going on, the battle archive left me more confused than it helped clarify anything).  Can someone post a timeline

Edit, nevermind Tedious gave me a run down in irc...seems like it was a blatant illegal fief transfer (owner was in the process of being teleported and someone else attacked village to gain control)
 - Stolen from Macropussy