Author Topic: 2h hbs etc  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: 2h hbs etc
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »
+2
I don't know why ppl say cav and ranged as so easy.  They are the most annoying, for sure...but to actually play as one and do well is the most challenging in my experience.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 07:51:39 pm »
Are you... asking admins to kick/ban people who use 2H? Deliver a diatribe in pink text to convince other players of the superiority of 2H? I'm lost.  :?:
nooooooo

Offline spiritus

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »
I don't know why ppl say cav and ranged as so easy.  They are the most annoying, for sure...but to actually play as one and do well is the most challenging in my experience.
i played crossbow it was a breazze

Offline spiritus

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 07:53:03 pm »
+5
Still stuck in the 2012 - 2013 whine?
just because i am a whiner doesnt make what i say not true
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:05:19 pm by spiritus »

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 07:53:58 pm »
+6
2h is the easiest class in the game besides range and cav
pokey-polearms are way easier than 2h
1h is the easiest

...and the circle is complete.
(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »
+7
2h is typically the most balanced class when it comes to a 1v1 or duel situation.  The game is not balanced in a vacuum of how good something is in a 1v1 situation vs another weapon 

Why am I even trying to use logic and talking to spiritus like he can comprehend simple ideas...silly me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 09:22:38 pm »
+3
just because i am a whiner doesnt make what i say true

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »
2h is typically the most balanced class when it comes to a 1v1 or duel situation.  The game is not balanced in a vacuum of how good something is in a 1v1 situation vs another weapon 

Why am I even trying to use logic and talking to spiritus like he can comprehend simple ideas...silly me.

battle scenario is alot of dueling 1v1 i fail to see how 2h stab fails in a utility role as with the very powerful insta left swing.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 05:40:11 pm »

battle is a ton of little 1v1 clashes if you can get the upper hand you can win those little clashes odds are put against your enemies diminishing its like in dota stacking evasion the more that is stacked aka the more players on your team that die the less of an outcome you stand to receive positively btw dont stack evasion in dota Pa has 40 percent stack with b-fly is 35 percent tho it turns out to be 61 percent 1-(1-.4)*(1-.35) this is what happens in battle in a way if u dont understand lets say u have 2 quarters and there is a 50 percent chance for heads well u cant stack that it isnt a 100 percent heads every time because it diminishes 50 percent of the time there will be an outcome of one heads one tail and 25 percent of the time 2 headas 25 percent 2 tails so 75 percent chance of heads.... its just like in battle if you can get the upperhand like you can with a 2h the more you will beat your foe and the more the odds are in your favor

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 10:20:09 pm »
battle is a ton of little 1v1 clashes if you can get the upper hand you can win those little clashes odds are put against your enemies diminishing its like in dota stacking evasion the more that is stacked aka the more players on your team that die the less of an outcome you stand to receive positively btw dont stack evasion in dota Pa has 40 percent stack with b-fly is 35 percent tho it turns out to be 61 percent 1-(1-.4)*(1-.35) this is what happens in battle in a way if u dont understand lets say u have 2 quarters and there is a 50 percent chance for heads well u cant stack that it isnt a 100 percent heads every time because it diminishes 50 percent of the time there will be an outcome of one heads one tail and 25 percent of the time 2 headas 25 percent 2 tails so 75 percent chance of heads.... its just like in battle if you can get the upperhand like you can with a 2h the more you will beat your foe and the more the odds are in your favor

That made almost no sense at all ... in fact I don't think it did.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 11:38:02 pm »
battle scenario is alot of dueling 1v1 i fail to see how 2h stab fails in a utility role as with the very powerful insta left swing.

If you can get into a 1v1 situation in the battle server and you're a 2h with a longsword (or similar bastard sword weapon that is great for dueling), then you have just done what you are supposed to do.  You're supposed to try and put your strengths on the table and try not to have your weaknesses exposed.  A 2h is strong in a 1v1, but it's not the most ideal weapon set to have in a 1v5 or 1v10 when you're surrounded (I'd say a 1h/shield would be, but everyone's play style is different).  It's the same reason why the game isn't balanced around pikes or long mauls.  In a 1v1 on open ground with similarly agile opponents with equal skill, a pike or long maul is going to be at a huge disadvantage to a fast 1h, or even a fast 2h weapon.  You're not suggesting we make the pike able to duel as well as a HBS are you?  Because if the game were balanced in a vacuum of "this compared to this", that would mean the pike would be able to duel as well as a heavy bastard sword, and that makes no sense at all.  Everything in the game has it's strengths and weaknesses, nothing is immune to everything.
 - Stolen from Macropussy