Author Topic: Some good weapons with the recent speed buff  (Read 6655 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Some good weapons with the recent speed buff
« on: February 28, 2014, 08:53:00 pm »
+26
Since the most recent patch, most 95 speed and below weapons received a buff of +1 speed with a few exceptions. Here are some of the more notable weapons I see that may not have stood out much before:

1h:

Iron Battle Axe: One of the exceptions, +1 speed to 97. With 36 cut, it's quite a beast now.
Iron War Axe: Its brother, 96 speed and 37 cut.

Military Cleaver(?) I forget if this was 95 or 96 speed, but it's great either way.
Military Hammer: Even better than before, 94 to 95 speed will make quite the difference.

Arabian Cavalry Sword: Now top tier in both price and stats, this sword really doesn't have much of a weakness anymore.

2h: Return of Greatswords?

Two Handed Sword: Now 97 speed, a great intermediary between longsword and great sword.
Dadao: Even closer to the miaodao now with a cheaper price.
War Cleaver: Awesome power and length:speed ratio.
Goedendag(?): Forget if this was 95 speed or 96 in the past, quite a great weapon either way you look at it.

All greatswords: To me, the 117-121 length weapons stand out the most. 95 speed flambard sounds great. Interestingly, though, the Danish/German are only slightly slower than they were in the past, but now with slightly better power. Nodachi and flamberge are also looking pretty good, too.

Polearms:

Iron staff: 96 speed, great overheads and side swings. A knockdown machine if you can get a good bonk on the head.
Double Sided Lance: 1 speed away from war spear, can now rear horses, and its stab is absolutely devastating. Definitely a good weapon to loom.
Long War Axe: Now that it's only 2 speed away from the long axe, even players that prioritize speed might want to pick this up with the superior length.
Bec de Corbin: Was nerfed in the past, but now it has a huge second wind since it's quite great compared to other blunt/pierce weapons nowadays. Only 1 speed away from war spear.

Every long, swingy polearm: Glaive, Bardiche, Bill, Swiss halberd, the list goes on. The fix to left swings and most notably overheads makes for almost all swing directions of these weapons terrifying to deal with. The +1 speed helps even more.

As an aside, the angle on swings are narrower than before, too. Can't be too sloppy with the side swings.

Discuss. Any weapons you find interesting?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Some good weapons with the recent speed buff
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:34 pm »
+1
Wow, look at that, a change log -- kind of.

Bec OP.

In all seriousness, thanks for the synopsis -- pretty good information here. 
Most of the 1h weapons mentioned deserved the speed boost (iron axes, mil hammer), so it's appropriate.  They are still a bit slow for my taste though, but time will tell!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:56:45 pm by Penitent »

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:03 pm »
+3
The Swiss Halberd now has a base speed of 92 with a 28p thrust and a 37 cut overhead that also has a bonus vs. shields. I was seriously contemplating renaming my STF to "Leatherface" after playing around with it the other day, because it felt like I was running around with a chainsaw.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:55:20 pm »
+3
yes because 1h really needed a buff, especially Arabian cav sword
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 10:52:49 pm »
+4
The most expensive elegant poleaxe has 28 blunt damage, lol why so low? why it so expensive? Imho it must have at least the same damage as a warhammer 31 blunt.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:20 pm »
+2
Bec buffs?  :shock:

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:01 pm »
+3
Every long, swingy polearm: Glaive, Bardiche, Bill, Swiss halberd, the list goes on. The fix to left swings and most notably overheads makes for almost all swing directions of these weapons terrifying to deal with. The +1 speed helps even more.

What fix to overheads? Something recent?

I ask because I almost entirely stopped using this weapon after using it exclusively from 1-32 simply because overheads would simply go through people. Maybe this is packet loss or lag or whatever on my end, but it got to the point where I nearly traded it away.

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:08 pm »
+2
What fix to overheads? Something recent?

I ask because I almost entirely stopped using this weapon after using it exclusively from 1-32 simply because overheads would simply go through people. Maybe this is packet loss or lag or whatever on my end, but it got to the point where I nearly traded it away.

nah, polearm overheads are bunk

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:35:51 pm »
+4
Polearm overhead literally has no hit detection so the buffs to its speed are irrelevant. I am not sure if the hit detection knows that the overhead has been sped up.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 11:38:08 pm »
+2
Thank fuck I'm not the only one. Oh and I forgot to mention it was the Swiss Halberd that I was using.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:44:07 pm »
+5
It's likely just packetloss or lag that you guys are experiencing. I actually overbuffed the polearm overswing animation when I changed it several months ago. Instead of the polearm overhead hitting slower, it now hits faster than the two-handed overhead animation, and by quite a fair bit, actually.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 12:41:02 am »
+1
It's likely just packetloss or lag that you guys are experiencing. I actually overbuffed the polearm overswing animation when I changed it several months ago. Instead of the polearm overhead hitting slower, it now hits faster than the two-handed overhead animation, and by quite a fair bit, actually.

Yeah I agree, my long axe overheads are scary fast atm (btw i have 20 ping so that helps a lot)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:52:24 am by PsychoTwins »
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 01:04:09 am »
+5
yes because 1h really needed a buff, especially Arabian cav sword

You read this, and to you it looks like a 1h buff? Are you some sort of lunatic?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 01:16:51 am »
+2
You read this, and to you it looks like a 1h buff? Are you some sort of lunatic?

Arab cav sword mostly, probably the last weapon in game that neeeded a buff. 2h sword and Bec buff was also unecessary.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 03:42:15 am »
+3
Arab cav sword mostly, probably the last weapon in game that neeeded a buff. 2h sword and Bec buff was also unecessary.
i feel the buffs were completely necessary.
i see a lot more becs on the battlefield, and i like it that way. the slight buff is nothing game breaking and its better than nerfing everything to hell.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair