Author Topic: Pole Arm stab  (Read 1503 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Pole Arm stab
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 05:11:31 am »
+1
Not entirely sure about the polestab, but the hoplite stab definitely has a new learning curve since the recent patches, but I wouldn't say it's too bad off, at least for an agi build.

Using a hoplite, I had to learn how to put more distance after hitting an opponent, since the opponent continues to move. This usually means running past an enemy if he's running directly at me or strafing away from the enemy. I was able to get most hoplite stabs in through proper strafing and stabbing, although the last 1/3 of its reach is definitely not usable. Once the animations are fixed, I think it would be an interesting playstyle to master under the new system.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 04:10:06 pm »
+1
It feels pretty bad right now.  I've been using a +3 shortened spear and it's pretty rough landing a stab right now.  Last night there was a pack of throwing lance guys on last night and they kept bouncing their stabs on me.  I only wear 49 body armor between gloves and shirt, this combined with the flat nerf to stab delay puts polearms in a bad spot, when it was relatively obvious that 1h needed the most delay, then 2h and then polearm.  So, you've effectively ruined the polearm's main strength and like kafein said it's just been left with horrible swings.  To top things off, my teammates seem to be walking into my backswings a lot, so I basically can't do anything, and now I'm angry I made a pole/arm thrower hybrid.  Hell, I've been more effective meleeing with my HTA than actually throwing them or using a weapon I actually have WPF in.

The one good part of this is that long spears and pikes are a lot less wonky now.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 03:20:54 am »
Doesn't seem to me like any polearms besides the longspear and pike really took any sort of a major hit with the changes. Just got an elegant poleaxe and I don't have any sort of glance issues with the stab, and especially not with my 135 length spear. Just got a long awlpike as well and the stabs seem fine, if slightly more difficult to land.

The longspear seemed so bad after the change that I traded it away as soon as I could for the long awlpike. The change to kicks actually made as much of a difference as the change to the stab, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 05:38:52 pm »
My poor poor long spear now gather dust most of the time :(