Author Topic: *Council of Calradia* - new faction in the service of the community  (Read 1679 times)

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
+10
Hello everyone! Quincy Clan has decided to role-play another role in the new round of Strategus. We shall be called the “Council of Calradia”.

As some of you might already know we used to be a neutral merchant republic in the last round. We managed to role-play our game until the end of Strategus 4. We had no wars and no allies and no enemies. Now we want a new challenge.

This new challenge is actually a big one. We want to make sure that the entire Strategus player base of EU part of the map gets the most fun in the new round by ensuring decent amounts of experience gain and also by enhancing the diplomatic system of Calradia.

As many of you already know there will be a large increase in equipment prices. This fact scares people to believing that there won’t be much experience to be gained. Quincies also believe there would a lot less experience in the following Strategus round. We offer a way to mitigate this.

Another issue, stated many, many times before, is the disparity between so called “big” and “small” factions. We are offering solution to potentially increase the influence of the smaller clans and allow them potential means of defending themselves against “big” factions and/or blocks if they are bullied for no apparent reason.

This introduction may seem appealing but the big questions are “How the hell can you do all of that???? How can you make the game give more experience when everything will be too darn expensive??? How do you plan to make small factions be more influential??? Is this some kind of a joke???”

Here are some answers. Our new faction (Council of Calradia) would be something based on the ideas of European Union and United Nations today in the real life. As the name might suggest we are planning to make a big Calradian council where community would make decisions on worldwide politics. We also suggest some reasonable rules so we can all enjoy this game. And this is not, in any way, a joke. We (the Quincy Clan) have spent weeks developing this system just so you, the community, would enjoy the new round of Strategus more!

In order to make this thread as short as possible I will provide you with the link to our plan in a form of a pdf document, and every single EU faction should read it as soon as possible. Text below this link will have comments on the pdf file and at the end there will be the FAQ section as soon as u start asking questions.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/6f91ce85be/Quincy_Clan_Strategus_5.pdf
(click to show/hide)

In the document there is no explicit explanation about the gain for the community but the implications should be clear:

Safer trade -> More trade -> More silver -> More equipment -> Better battles -> More fun -> More experience

Fairer battles -> Better battles -> More fun -> More experience

Enhanced diplomatic system -> More people involved into worldwide politics -> More fun for diplomat type of players

“Small” factions role enhanced -> Less fear from “big” factions + more influence over the politics -> More fun for new players or existing small factions

So basically by becoming a member of Council of Calradia you are ensuring more fun and more experience for all. Just to be clear, becoming a member does not make u an ally to anyone. You choose your allies and enemies on your own.

*** Pictures and some other appealing stuff will come later***

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:20:30 pm by En_Dotter »
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
Re: *Council of Calradia* - new faction in the service of the community
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:51:24 pm »
Reserved for FAQ (constant work in progress)

Q: When would CoC start upholding the rules?
A: We cant do it at the very beginning of Strategus 5. We need to gain strength in order to defend the others and to be able to do whats written. We didnt really agree on the date but once you become the member the rules should apply within a month of Strategus start. So at the moment rules should kick in at the 15th March 2014 (after factions at least get some fiefs if nothing else)

Q:If my faction becomes a member of CoC does that mean we are all allied within CoC?
A: No. Membership only means that you want to stick to the rules we provided in order to get more fun from this game. You pick your own allies and enemies (if you want ;))

Q: What if i dont like one (or more of the rules) because i find them to be stupid?
A: Just call a council meeting and start a discussion. If the community think the rule doesnt fit it is possible to change it.

Q: What will your claims be?
A: Halmar is what we want to be our base of operations. We also intend to have 3-4 castles scattered around the map so we can swiftly react in the time of need. For now we agreed that Halmar would be our base of operations. About those castles we are not 100% sure. It depends on the number of members mostly.

Q: And what will you conquer later? Do you plan to expand?
A: We dont plan to expand. We plan on having one city (Halmar) and possibly those mentioned 3-4 outposts for quick reactions. We might have to liberate a fief in the future (due to the rules) but that would be returned to their previous owner.

Q: It says that the Delegate should join your faction. Why on earth would i want to give you one of my men and reduce my own faction's power??? Are you mad?
A: Delegates are encouraged to join CoC but it is not mandatory. If you dont want to give away your faction member its fine. The reasons why we would like to have one of your members are many:

1. How would you know that we are doing our job? How can u know that we are not spending the resources for our own gain?
With the Delegate within CoC faction you would see exact amounts of money, gear and troops as well as the army movements. You would know exactly what you applied for.

2. You are just milking us for troops, players and silvers... Why would we agree to that???
We would use the gain from Delegates for the greater good. CoC cannot just take troops from delegates and, say, sell them for cRPG gold or looms or something. Those troops will be used to uphold the rules. Again, having your Delegate within our faction would mean you know where those troops are going. The more players are in the CoC faction the faster we can react and uphold the rules and ensure battles with more fun and experience.

3. What if my ally is attacking someone and you order my Delegate to help the defenders? This is just silly... I dont want to give you my Delegate as an instrument of my own destruction...
We would never use a Delegate to go against their allies. We would have others who could do that job.

4. What other benefit do i have for giving away one of my assets?
As soon as your Delegate joins CoC they get CoC color. That color means immunity. No member is allowed to attack Delegates.

5. HA! Great! I can spy with my delegate!
Nope, jobs of Delegates are decided during the council sessions, and even if your Delegate would have no current tasks other Delegates would be able to see your movements, so it would be quite transparent (and maybe a bit silly).

Q: I am a leader of my factions and my faction decided i should do all the diplomacy. I cant join your faction is a Delegate but i want to know everything. Why should i be interested?
A: Actually our idea was not to allow leaders to be delegates. The reason for this is practical. A lot of times having one guy doing the diplomacy can be really tiresome. From my experience (En_Dotter) i have been told to come back tomorrow or in 2 days because the leader was too tired of diplomatic issues he had to solve. This gives double benefit to Strategus 5. First, leaders that are also diplomats can have a bit less burden upon them by selecting a trusted man to represent them in the council. Second, i know a lot of players that always wanted to try diplomacy skills but never had a chance. There is one more aspect of this system. Delegates will be important, and leaders must decided who is the best one to represent them. This should make more room for fun.

Q: What happens if someone does a really really really stupid thing while being in CoC? Do we revoke their membership? Do we destroy them? WHAT DO WE DO???
A: This is a highly sensitive matter. We didnt want to write anything about this since we consider the council should decide. We shall call an emergency council meeting and see what should be done.

Q: What is the next question in this FAQ?
A: You tell us!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:53:36 pm by En_Dotter »

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:52:50 pm »
Reserved just in case

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:00:36 pm »
 :D :D

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:58:42 pm »
+1
An interesting idea but I really don't think this works within the context of the game.

Limiting warfare is unnecessary when strategus is already so defensively biased. Honestly a council that encourages warfare would be far more useful.
Turtles

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 12:07:51 am »
An interesting idea but I really don't think this works within the context of the game.

Limiting warfare is unnecessary when strategus is already so defensively biased. Honestly a council that encourages warfare would be far more useful.

On the contrary my friend. We dont want to limit the warfare. We want to limit the unfun and silly warfare like plates vs peasants. Like bashing small factions "cus we can". We wanna enhance the warfare to be more interesting. Anyone can make a solid reason to attack someone. ;)

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 12:13:34 am »
+2
Ambitious project Dotter, but like I already told you I think it won't work. Would not join myself even if I were playing. This goes against one thing at the very core of Strat that makes it interesting: boundless and ruthless personal ambitions!  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 12:23:51 am »
Ambitious project Dotter, but like I already told you I think it won't work. Would not join myself even if I were playing. This goes against one thing at the very core of Strat that makes it interesting: boundless and ruthless personal ambitions!  :mrgreen:

Every faction we spoke to when we started Strategus 4 said our neutral role play will never work. We have proven everyone wrong. I dont know if it was our diplomacy that made it happen or if the stars aligned so we achieve what we wanted. It just happened.
Boundless and ruthless ambitions are not removed. They are leveled up. Now people with true ambitions can really dominate and show us how to overcome every obstacle in their way. Those who are not ambitious enough will not succeed. No to the brute force, yes to the superiority in every other aspect. Thats what we want here.

And tnx for the feedback!

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 12:39:37 am »

You'll play rogue everyone knows it. You cant resist invading Grey "PO"land.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 12:51:40 am »

This, AND the fact that you cannot really hold any laws or rules since you dont have any good players :C
I don't know enough

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 12:56:03 am »
Well I wish you good luck in this Quincies - lets see where it leads

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 01:08:48 am »
This goes against one thing at the very core of Strat that makes it interesting: boundless and ruthless personal ambitions!  :mrgreen:

This CoC is just Dotter's boundless and ruthless personal ambition  :mrgreen:  his will to create this entity will bring warfare.
A bit more ideology doesnt hurt! It will require an extremely capable group of like-minded leaders to function, which is the main problem when you want to create a diplomatic entity, so good luck with recruitment phase  :P

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 08:43:28 am »
Good luck ^^

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 01:30:34 pm »
Alot guys last Strat said before we started our Business:

"You guys cant be neutral to everybody. You need to choose a side. You will have war, if you want or not."

We choose neutrality and were neutral to everyone. We stayed alive and even did alot better than just staying alive.

So lets do it :D

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 02:19:09 pm »
+1
So if a knight decided to join you he would be CoCk_ ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.