Author Topic: HA lvl 34, what to invest in?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
HA lvl 34, what to invest in?
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:27:53 pm »
+2
I'll be hitting lvl 34 on my Ha in 3 mil and am still debating what to invest the points in...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I will definitely not get to lvl 35 so pls no lvl 35 suggestions, I was thinking of investion into athletis to be able to play town maps too, now question is how much will 3 ath help me as an archer on foot, will it be noticable or wasted points? Most will say IF I know because it is the most logical choice, but I'd like to try something different :D last tought was PS, just for the lolz, when dehorsed, taking a wepon and killing somebody with with and 3 ps, would be lolzy.

so what do you think, what do you suggest?

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: HA lvl 34, what to invest in?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »
+12
It is never too late to hit the retire/respec button and go down a less abominable path, alternatively I suggest deleting your character.

Or if you are sure that you want to continue down that road, i'd go IF, unless you use a yumi and can have a 0 slot weapon with you, in which case 3 ps would be nice, since the 3 ps will not really matter much if you refuse to dismount

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »
+2
I'll be hitting lvl 34 on my Ha in 3 mil and am still debating what to invest the points in...

so what do you think, what do you suggest?

(click to show/hide)
then:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Bros never die!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:49:19 pm »
+1
I use similar armor of protection that you use, and using the speedbonus to your advantage it is possible to reduce the incoming damage with the help of armor. So Ironflesh might be a good choice. It would be my suggestion to you.

3 PS might be useful, but not really advisable as you don't want to reach level 35 to complete it to 6 PS. With that melee wpf though, you probably won't be able to swing it effectively. With 0 athletics and low wpf, most viable option is right swing anyway (with 1handers), considering you're fighting in ground. Although it might be fun and somehow effective if you know when to use your sword on horseback. Still, your wpf is way too low to handle good horseback weapons.

3 Athletics might still be good, some foot archers have only 3-5 athletics (despite higher AGI). Although you know, HA skill reduces the effective wpf so a Horse Archer never has the chance to be equally good as a foot archer anyways.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:58:55 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:08:20 pm »
+1
You will notice the 3 athletics difference, but the 3 powerstrike is significantly more noticeable change.  You will glance a lot less on medium to heavier armored opponents and can even have fun and use a melee weapon on horseback occasionaly.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 07:55:37 pm »
+1
Get an arabian cav sword, it's effective even with 3 PS.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »
+2
In the first moment I read *HA rule 34* and I was like what the fuck?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:58:59 pm »
+1
Id say PS. Its nice to mix up play with a sword now and then. Also at the end of a round when you're pissing off the last guys (in a winnable scenario) they often just do not expect an Ha to switch to sword and bump slash them. Ive helped win a couple of rounds doing this and Ive seen BattalGazi kill the last 2 inf guys in a 2v1 to win the round.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »
+1
i have 2 ps and i'm killing ppl with short arming sword, great fun   :mrgreen:

3 ps was the number i used in past before i go hi lvl and those times (no 0 slot 1h words) i were killing ppl with hand axe or pickaxe :)

For fun definetly PS, for making stronger go IF
Archer forever :D

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 08:28:09 pm »
+2
Remember Strat 5 coming!
How long does it take to have horses in battle.
How can pure HA do in siege?
etc..

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 09:14:49 pm »
+1
GO PS. The best decission i made for my HA. If u have a good Team (at least most time in Strat) there is no need of Ath.
If u die in Field as HA u are definitly dead without any chance, no matter how fast u are.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 10:29:24 pm »
+1
Eldar Boss has 3 aths afaik.

Don't get PS , 3 points wont get you anywhere without any athletics , i would say take IF , but its just 6 hit points , wouldn't effect "that much".
I think you should take athletics , better escaping skills when dismounted, your ground archery skills will increase , also will be more effective at Strat too.

Offline ilgp7712389_

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:03 pm »
HA is cancer

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 06:59:28 am »
3 PS, in my opinion. 3 athletics isn't a huge boost, and with 0 you can do just fine on foot. You need to plan far ahead and watch your team, but it works. If you get dehorsed; if you get ganked on a wall in siege/strat; if you have a speedy melee tracking you; running a little faster won't help. 3 PS is enough for pierce/blunt weapons to do damage and (mostly) not glance. Grab a dagger or a cheap mace.

As an archer you aren't gonna be wearing heavy armor. 3 IF isn't a great investment. Fighting back is better than taking one more hit or fleeing a faster opponent. If you get a couple attacks in with a dagger you can often catch dedicated melee off guard and continue your combo. Maces will be pretty slow with low WPF, but knockdown is a great advantage when the fight is heavily in your enemy's favor.

As HA and foot archer, I hate having no melee weapon stats at all. Drives me crazy when a mediocre player takes you down because you glance on every other attack.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:11:19 am »
build is crap, respec to 15/24 so you can be full 1hand/ranged cav hybrid with athletics for shit non cav maps

If your build isn't optimized for 34, I think its a better idea to respec back to 33 with a fully fleshed out sweet build. That's what I do when I get near 34 every time.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.