Author Topic: Crushthrough for all melee weapons  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Crushthrough for all melee weapons
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »
+1
This would totally change the game and make it the most awesome game ever.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 09:55:25 pm »
I don't think crushthrough is realistic, since when you block a weapon you do it at an angle, or approach form a certain vector that minimizes the impact.  That is how a rapier can block a claymore consistently, using the right technieque.  One does not block perpendicular to the impacting weapon unless there is no other choice.

However I AM a fan of weapons breaking.  People would have to carry backup weapons then -- but it would have to be a rare occurence.  +1 weapons could break unloomed weapons better, but not +2 and +3 weapons.  +3 weapons could have a chance of breaking all other, but cannot be broken.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 06:48:10 am »
+2
A strong man can block a strong man's hit but a weak man cant block it. It's more realistic.

Given this is the realism section, I'll take this half seriously and say that nobody "blocks" anything and even with a shield will try and deflect. Flat-out blocking blows whether you are in marital arts, fencing, swordfighting or using shields is a great way to break whatever you are using and pulverize your own joints.

Carry on peasants, carry on.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 05:19:57 pm »
Has already been tried way back in Warband beta. Everyone hated it.

You mean - our chances is quite decent?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 11:56:17 am »
gameplay > realism

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 05:40:54 pm »
+2
gameplay > realism

Not in a realism thread, buster.  Get your ass back to the suggestions or balance forum if you want to discuss any of these changes actually being implemented.  ;)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 07:18:52 pm »
+2
In order to protect yourself from a strike "blocking" is not the only option.
In medieval combat , soldiers were usually deflecting the upcoming strike . You can stop or change the direction of the swing by admitting force to correct positon of the weapon being swung to you.(Science bitch!) Daggers were used to deflect gigantic swords and axes so your argumant is invalid.  In warband,blocking is just statically holding your weapon against a swing which is retarded. In reality, blocking was actually between chamber and block. You strike to deflect your enemy's weapon. We don't have that mechanics in this game and probably we won't have it in upcoming games because it is much more complicated and hard to adjust to game so just leave it as it is.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 07:23:57 pm »
i dunno. would rather make axes much more powerful vs shields and maybe give blunt weapons a crushthrough chance against 1h noshieldmelee.

More powerful versus shields?

You know, axes arent THAT great against shields, especially against metal ones. I have trouble punching through plank when chopping it against fibre, and I am by no means weakling.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.