Author Topic: Rome: Total War BI - What is this bullshit?  (Read 3815 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Rome: Total War BI - What is this bullshit?
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:49:53 pm »
+1
Is there any trick to surviving hordes as goths?

Goths
Campaign difficulty: easy

"Gets slaughtered 10 rounds into the game by vandal horde counting several thousands of enemies "

Seriously who had this idea was pretty retarded imo. Horde attacks should happen much much later than this early into the game.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Rome: Total War BI - What is this bullshit?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:57 am »
+2
You don't get slaughtered, you get turned into a horde yourself. Enjoy that pillaging.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:17:44 am »
+1
You don't get slaughtered, you get turned into a horde yourself. Enjoy that pillaging.

How? Do they defeat me and I like join them? or should I pack my stuff and commence operation GTFO before they reach me?

I dont really get it...
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 12:29:48 am »
+1
Did you actually play a campaign through to the defeat screen?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:30:56 am »
+1
Did you actually play a campaign through to the defeat screen?

Nah, I usually GTX before that happens.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 12:31:57 am »
+3
Well, don't and see for yourself.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 12:33:45 am »
+1
Well, don't and see for yourself.
So I have to let them kill completely everyone and capture both of my settlements, correct?

That is a shitty introduction to an expansion pack...

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 02:00:19 am »
+2
So I have to let them kill completely everyone and capture both of my settlements, correct?

That is a shitty introduction to an expansion pack...

Did you even read the manual or google BI hordes?

Seeing that you made that post I'm going to assume no, on both accounts...

You become a horde once your city's get taken out.(Normally, taking the city would be game over otherwise)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 02:33:05 am »
+1
Did you even read the manual or google BI hordes?

Seeing that you made that post I'm going to assume no, on both accounts...

You become a horde once your city's get taken out.(Normally, taking the city would be game over otherwise)

So thats how it is. I never knew. Well I guess ill gtfo before they come and head as far west as possible.

Kinda shame to leave my capital there though.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 01:00:12 pm »
+5
This is the period of the Völkerwanderung, game mechanics try to reflect this, so don't feel bad leaving your homeland and carve out a new one because that is the whole point.

Great game, btw.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:04 pm »
+1
It had the best TW campaigns to date. Keeping the western empire together from collapsing while fighting off hords was the best thing ever. If Rome 2 follows this path, it might still become the best game.

Offline Jony

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 08:08:26 pm »
+1
For me at RTW BI  most funny is with the Romans! Its easy with factions that have horde option! But the bad thing in BI  is that sieges are so GAYYYYY.... Realy hate those big cities towers which kill like half or more of your army untill you get to the fucking center!  I mostly had fights at open field, and sieges just  go with 2/3 armys and wait the end of their food and they go out and fight, where is easy :)
"if DTV is the only thing you're here for, there are better games out there."

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 09:25:15 am »
+1
For me at RTW BI  most funny is with the Romans! Its easy with factions that have horde option! But the bad thing in BI  is that sieges are so GAYYYYY.... Realy hate those big cities towers which kill like half or more of your army untill you get to the fucking center!  I mostly had fights at open field, and sieges just  go with 2/3 armys and wait the end of their food and they go out and fight, where is easy :)

Well, Historically, sieges were risky bussiness, and they had to be done swiftly and properly, otherwise you risked losing your army to famine (not with proper logistics of course) disease, or defences.

And yeah, starving out defenders was pretty common scenario, but you couldnt pull that off unless you had enough provisions to keep your army sharp and going.

Offline Jony

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:16 am »
+2
I dont know for you guys but RTW and MTW especialy are easy campign (whatever is the word). I play always at very hard everything becouse its more interesting and on MTW everybody attack you! MTW THE BEST! I dont have problems with doing money and than armys but its slow process ofcourse.  But dont like the BI becouse  almost always i'm the attacking at sieges and  BI sieges are nightmare :D  M2TW if i had good PC now i will play now too! I'ts best strategy game for me :)   At RTW i realy hate when  AI charge with gis general my hoplites (for example) and  enemy general die, than the win is rly more easy! ... No cav...  its almost sure victory!
I miss my TW games when i play with so much friends, every time we gather for 4v4, 3v3 , 2v2 its awesome!  But there some idiots find how to change  their units stats, how to cheat in myltiplayer, thats ruin the games! For me and my friends and many much more dudes :) 
Never had good PC for Lord of the Rings mod  for M2TW but i heard its awesome! :/ Dont miss to do 1 play !
"if DTV is the only thing you're here for, there are better games out there."

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 07:16:55 pm »
+1
I dont know for you guys but RTW and MTW especialy are easy campign (whatever is the word). I play always at very hard everything becouse its more interesting and on MTW everybody attack you! MTW THE BEST! I dont have problems with doing money and than armys but its slow process ofcourse.  But dont like the BI becouse  almost always i'm the attacking at sieges and  BI sieges are nightmare :D  M2TW if i had good PC now i will play now too! I'ts best strategy game for me :)   At RTW i realy hate when  AI charge with gis general my hoplites (for example) and  enemy general die, than the win is rly more easy! ... No cav...  its almost sure victory!
I miss my TW games when i play with so much friends, every time we gather for 4v4, 3v3 , 2v2 its awesome!  But there some idiots find how to change  their units stats, how to cheat in myltiplayer, thats ruin the games! For me and my friends and many much more dudes :) 
Never had good PC for Lord of the Rings mod  for M2TW but i heard its awesome! :/ Dont miss to do 1 play !

Wait, you can run cRPG, but you cant run M2:TW?