Author Topic: native shield on back system  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: native shield on back system
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 11:54:44 am »
+1
Haha yes then!

But they already add a body armor for hits coming at the back, and armor is much more useful against projectiles now. Shields also have much better armor values. I believe they should useful now.

I guess it is better for it to be this way, because when carrying a shield in hand an arrow might pierce the shield a bit and got stuck somewhere in the middle. It won't do any harm since there won't be any body parts just behind the shield. When the shield is on back, there is only 2-3 cm space between the body and shield. So it makes sence, in my opinion, for the shield to work as if it is an armor. Because it is technically no different than an armor piece that way, it is very close to the skin. It is like an armor reinforcement part.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 02:14:49 pm »
semi-OT:
(click to show/hide)
i think its a little bit funny that we dont take damage from stuff like this but then again on the other hand pretty sure it would spoil shielder gameplay.

but the xbow shooting through the huscarl is still there and i guess to stay... laser xbows........  :lol:

(click to show/hide)
im fully aware the laser is used for aiming, this picture in this thread was meant as kind of joke
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:03:03 pm by Sniger »

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 03:16:17 pm »
Have to say not that long ago I threw a throwing lance at some cav, he had a shield on his back and it hit the shield and he took no damage.
Has it changed since?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:38 am »
did you get the "thump" sound when hitting?

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 09:50:11 pm »
Yeah I completely support this, there is no reason to not have this. Just who thought this was a good idea?

"So, arrows hit the shield on a players back. Should they just block the arrows as laws of physics decide?"
"Nah just lower the damage"

No it is fucking unacceptable, I want to backpedal into archers and swing them in to face
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »
+2
I'm fine with this. Having a shield in front and back makes you slow as fuck. If someone wants to handicap themselves by having two shields.. go for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 03:35:53 am »
I believe i remember playing warband beta and shields on the back could even block swings...
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"