Author Topic: History in a short clip  (Read 5127 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: History in a short clip
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 09:38:14 pm »
Germany have always been pretty successful, only WW1 which they "won", the aftermath of that kinda screwed them over and einstein saved them from poverty starting massive construction works and what not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 09:59:15 pm »
Military supremacy is pityfull...

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 01:57:01 am »

Albanian war machine...

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:59 pm »
the chubby guy with the shotgun is cute  :mrgreen:
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 12:50:50 pm »
+1
Germany have always been pretty successful, only WW1 which they "won", the aftermath of that kinda screwed them over and einstein saved them from poverty starting massive construction works and what not.

He saved them from poverty by raiding other countries and enrich from jews. The work orders only gave Germany more debts.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 01:14:18 pm »
He saved them from poverty by raiding other countries and enrich from jews. The work orders only gave Germany more debts.

I was really fighting an inner war not to post that,  didnt want to derail the thread any further,  but yes you are right.  Economically,  Germany practically had no choice but to start a war as it was absolutely broke by the end of the 1930ies.  Furthermore many of the positive changes that  big H got credited for had their foundations set in the pre na zi germany era.
gay shit is gay.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 07:46:59 pm »
I just learned aryavisitors can't see pics , please register or login
n is filtered, this thread rocks.

saying ar'/an  is a superior race sounds a bit racist to me §:d btw genius way to type hitvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
ler without being dected by retarded cencorship §:°

edit: i can't believe we can't even type AR'/AN without it being censored, and i'm a leftist §:l

He had a racist agenda, that's obvious. But politically, his supporters were first and foremost nationalists. First of all military revanchist nationalists, survivors of WW1 that could not accept Versailles, then well-meaning entrenched conservative bourgeois fascists and nationalists that feared the reds, then anti-capitalists that resented the krach caused by americans and the politics of Weimar. The extermination camps remained a secret, even to the german population.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:21:06 pm by Kafein »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »
The extermination camps remained a secret, even to the german population.
That's bullshit. It just was common knowledge nobody talked about. That simple.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 09:14:33 pm »
and molly again, ^^ molly pls stay out of my thread with ur 3rd class knowledge  :wink:

Extermination camps werent even much known under Generals, even Rommel wasnt notifided about it, but eastenrt front particpants knew more about it then western or southern. due to the location of the camp which were mostly in areas easter of germany or in eastern germany.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 11:10:14 pm »
+1
I found liking in momsen's "polycratic rule" theory (no idea if thats correctly translated),  and as far as my memory serves me right,  it also hints to a high grade of decentralization of information.

that being said,  -again if iirc and interpreted things correctly back when I read them- there was a high level of shutt-eye or "looking away" politics,  i.e.  people on same hierarchic levels of different branches in the regime probably had at least the vague knowledge but "chose" not to think about it,  or talk about it in that matter.
even big H himself never gave a totalitarian order to kill.  he asked for a result of whatever kind,  leaving the uncomfortable means to whomever wanted ta concern themselves with it.

I could imagine that this holds truth to a part of the population as well,  but cant say for sure.

on some levels maybe an example of the saying: To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.

on a related note,  there have been german soldiers that chose to die with shooting victems rather then shooting them.  I have seen one of their farewell letters,  it was deeply impressing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:13:31 pm by Torben »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 03:17:31 pm »
+7
That Vonnegut's book - "Cat's cradle" comes to my mind, when i see all the happy patriots/nationalists/racist etc. Not sure if it was directly related, since i read it many years ago, but if you have read it, you will know what i am talking about.

Had to visit Wiki, to find the words he came up with ( these are not actual words, but something he made up for the book ):

karass - A group of people linked in a cosmically significant manner, even when superficial linkages are not evident.

granfalloon - a false karass; i.e., a group of people who imagine they have a connection that does not really exist. An example is "Hoosiers"; Hoosiers are people from Indiana, and Hoosiers have no true spiritual destiny in common, so really share little more than a name.

I see nations, football club fans, co-workers, etc., as a granfalloon, using the above definition. I find it stupid to connect myself to a group of random people, and adjust my personal/private opinions/beliefs according to their rules and traditions. This goes so far, that i don't keep contact with my family, only my mother, and only because she loves me very much. The rest of my family are not my friends, I have nothing in common with them as a PERSON, and that is why i don't wish to be friends with them. An idea of taking decisions based on my nationality or heritage is utterly ridiculous to me.

Now that being said, I still believe in common traditions and etiquette as a means of establishing a safe and trustworthy environment for strangers. This is very important! Otherwise it would be impossible to keep a society running. We need common language, common gestures, common literature/history, etc., otherwise it would be too stressful and complicated to finish your daily chores.

Might not make sense for most of you, but it makes perfect sense to me :) Make you own way in life, do what you truely love, however stupid or worthless your way is in other's eyes, and you will have nothing to regret.
--------------------------------
Don't flame me too hard, i know it's a bit controversial :) Just my personal thoughts on the subject, very rough on the edges, and it wasn't my intention to insult anyone. Cheers!
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 03:28:47 pm »
+1
It was obvious that a man of your humor must have a certain amount of intelligence. 
high lord of spam and sense,  you are a wise little fellow and I am happy having le read your post.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 03:36:27 pm »
Thank you Armpit_Sweat, you made it worth it continuing to read this thread.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 05:54:23 pm »
That Vonnegut's book - "Cat's cradle" comes to my mind, when i see all the happy patriots/nationalists/racist etc. Not sure if it was directly related, since i read it many years ago, but if you have read it, you will know what i am talking about.

Had to visit Wiki, to find the words he came up with ( these are not actual words, but something he made up for the book ):

karass - A group of people linked in a cosmically significant manner, even when superficial linkages are not evident.

granfalloon - a false karass; i.e., a group of people who imagine they have a connection that does not really exist. An example is "Hoosiers"; Hoosiers are people from Indiana, and Hoosiers have no true spiritual destiny in common, so really share little more than a name.

I see nations, football club fans, co-workers, etc., as a granfalloon, using the above definition. I find it stupid to connect myself to a group of random people, and adjust my personal/private opinions/beliefs according to their rules and traditions. This goes so far, that i don't keep contact with my family, only my mother, and only because she loves me very much. The rest of my family are not my friends, I have nothing in common with them as a PERSON, and that is why i don't wish to be friends with them. An idea of taking decisions based on my nationality or heritage is utterly ridiculous to me.

Now that being said, I still believe in common traditions and etiquette as a means of establishing a safe and trustworthy environment for strangers. This is very important! Otherwise it would be impossible to keep a society running. We need common language, common gestures, common literature/history, etc., otherwise it would be too stressful and complicated to finish your daily chores.

Might not make sense for most of you, but it makes perfect sense to me :) Make you own way in life, do what you truely love, however stupid or worthless your way is in other's eyes, and you will have nothing to regret.
--------------------------------
Don't flame me too hard, i know it's a bit controversial :) Just my personal thoughts on the subject, very rough on the edges, and it wasn't my intention to insult anyone. Cheers!

+1

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 06:27:39 pm »

Well ofc. they got a lot of war loot and shit. The Austrian industry helped a lot with that. But following Keynes economical theory, which the other parties should have done before einstein actually did something with it, after the Reichstag building burnt down and einstein was given temporarily dictatorship jadd-jadda. But the roads he built and industry, not just from Austria did give the people more money to use, because they were given work and could spend more, which increased the multiplication factor of Keynes policy, so it did give a boost to the economy of the people.