Author Topic: When are you going to fix the 2h stab?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
When are you going to fix the 2h stab?
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:33 am »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: When are you going to fix the 2h stab?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:36:13 am »
+4
it is a sad day, another brother has fallen in the Chamber of Tears.

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:29:51 am »
oh I see, any attempt to complain about the most retarded shit in the game is supposed to be in chamber of tears, my mistake.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:13:25 am »
+8
I agree with the OP. They need to fix the 2h stab, it doesn't work properly. It is hard to use because it doesn't work.

It's still the most broken thing in this mod, and almost nothing has been done about it.

Indeed, it is so broken that it isn't a viable attack. It needs to be repaired and improved like the other stabs which have had things done to them more recently. 

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 01:54:20 pm »
I agree with the OP. They need to fix the 2h stab, it doesn't work properly. It is hard to use because it doesn't work.

Indeed, it is so broken that it isn't a viable attack. It needs to be repaired and improved like the other stabs which have had things done to them more recently.

Except it still works after it is supposed to stop working ? Like overheads ofc.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »
+2
Except it still works after it is supposed to stop working ? Like overheads ofc.

Lolstab-lolOH are difficult enough to do than when you manage to do them (without glancing, being blocked or completely missing your opponent due to turn speed nerf) the only thing to blame is the opponent mistake.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »
+1
Lolstab-lolOH are difficult enough to do than when you manage to do them (without glancing, being blocked or completely missing your opponent due to turn speed nerf) the only thing to blame is the opponent mistake.

Doesn't make it any less broken.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 02:46:12 pm »
+10

As a 2h that does 50% stabs in normal battle situations I have no fucking clue what you are on about. Insta-stab, check, +80 reach, check, curve your stab around teammates, check, active for way too long allowing drag-in or walk-in hits, check. Pretty broken.

1h stab, pole stab, 2h stab are all broken. 2h stab has always been broken and now they made the other stabs as broken. 2h stab still has the longest animation though, but also the lowest damage values. All 3 stabs need a nerf-tweak, which in the case of 2h is especially long overdue.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »
You know, in the match between Kpu and Tor, Kpu only used a greatsword in the first round where he lost rather definitively. He switched because Tor was able to hit him two or three times due to thrust block stun. After that round he switched to a 2her that didn't have a thrust and the tables turned, ending in Kpu's favor. I believe it went 0-1 kpu - tor, 6-1, 6-2 and then finished at 7-2. It's for this reason specifically that the 2h thrust is probably considered the least problematic.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 03:27:07 pm »
+1
I don't understand thrust stun. I can rarely punish anyone for it. I block, do an attack as quick as I can and they just block my swing. Same when I chamber the stab. Besides, you gotta take this out of classic duel situations. In battle the 2h stab is an amazing attack which allows you to double as a sort of support polearmer and allows you to deal damage in big group versus group situations, while a 2h is one of the best 1 vs 1 classes. In murica you all seem to get by with bec de corbins and longswords so I am not sure if you have as much group versus group situations where everybody is covering everyone, but in EU having an attack that is 1.5x your usual reach is incredibly valuable.

Also, go on duel, pick a cookie cutter longsword build and only use the stab and risk spamming it, see if you can beat anyone with just stabs.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 03:33:19 pm »
You know, in the match between Kpu and Tor, Kpu only used a greatsword in the first round where he lost rather definitively. He switched because Tor was able to hit him two or three times due to thrust block stun. After that round he switched to a 2her that didn't have a thrust and the tables turned, ending in Kpu's favor. I believe it went 0-1 kpu - tor, 6-1, 6-2 and then finished at 7-2. It's for this reason specifically that the 2h thrust is probably considered the least problematic.

While I'm against "fixing" the 2H stab in its current state (broken but weak except in very good hands), it wouldnt be a bad idea to reduce the thrust stun time (which mostly happens when you thrust "realistically", punishing for "correct" behaviour of the weapon) by enough to able a follow-up block for most builds and adding even more glance chance/turn speed malus/reducing sweetspot size to counter-balance the buff to 2H.

In this case, Kpu could have continued to thrust and hope, instead of switching to a 3-directional weapons which, even if more efficient in that case, still mean you have 1 less way to attack, decreasing variety of fighting.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 03:37:46 pm »
I don't understand thrust stun. I can rarely punish anyone for it. I block, do an attack as quick as I can and they just block my swing. Same when I chamber the stab. Besides, you gotta take this out of classic duel situations. In battle the 2h stab is an amazing attack which allows you to double as a sort of support polearmer and allows you to deal damage in big group versus group situations, while a 2h is one of the best 1 vs 1 classes. In murica you all seem to get by with bec de corbins and longswords so I am not sure if you have as much group versus group situations where everybody is covering everyone, but in EU having an attack that is 1.5x your usual reach is incredibly valuable.

Also, go on duel, pick a cookie cutter longsword build and only use the stab and risk spamming it, see if you can beat anyone with just stabs.
I don't follow, what's the point of all this?

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 04:00:38 pm »
+2
I don't follow, what's the point of all this?
First of all I explained my difficulty with punishing 2h stabs by using stun, and I think I am not the only one who isn't able to do that consistently. So if you say that thrust stun is the big old counter to the 2h stab, it's not for a big part of the playerbase, it is also not as useful as a counter in normal game situations compared to duel. A Kpu and Tor duel has very little to do with what I notice when I play a 2h in EU 1. In EU 1 the 2h stab is an extremely useful tool in allowing you to deal damage where weapons of similar length and speed of other classes do not allow you to.

My last point about using a longsword stab only in duel is a way to illustrate that the 2h stab remains broken, and a very easy to use and incredibly good attack even in a 1 on 1. It hits incredibly fast, I have beaten very good players using only stabs as it is simply very hard to return an attack even though I have only 120 wpf.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »
+7
Thrust-stun is most easily punished at the very end of the animation from my experience. I try to go/stay out of range until the very end of the stab, and then go in for a chamberblock or block + fast attack. Works well on greatswords and slower polearms, but the likes of 1h swords is pretty much impossible to time, because the animation is ridiculously fast and over in the blink of an eye.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »
+1
First of all I explained my difficulty with punishing 2h stabs by using stun, and I think I am not the only one who isn't able to do that consistently. So if you say that thrust stun is the big old counter to the 2h stab, it's not for a big part of the playerbase, it is also not as useful as a counter in normal game situations compared to duel. A Kpu and Tor duel has very little to do with what I notice when I play a 2h in EU 1. In EU 1 the 2h stab is an extremely useful tool in allowing you to deal damage where weapons of similar length and speed of other classes do not allow you to.

My last point about using a longsword stab only in duel is a way to illustrate that the 2h stab remains broken, and a very easy to use and incredibly good attack even in a 1 on 1. It hits incredibly fast, I have beaten very good players using only stabs as it is simply very hard to return an attack even though I have only 120 wpf.
Right... What exactly do you think I was implying with my post? That thrusts are perfectly fine and there's no reason to think they should ever be touched again? If so, this couldn't be further from the truth of what I personally believe. I was merely pointing out how ridiculous it is at the moment to single out one specific thrust animation, particularly the 2h one.

I made a proposal of what to do with all thrusts and it passed, so it will happen eventually. Unfortunately, this proposal relies on cmp doing some minor WSE work(so it'll probably happen when he gets a bit more free time on his hands).

And as far as utilizing the stun to get a hit, exactly what Gurnisson said. You also have to remember that the faster the thrusting weapon, the easier it is for them to overcome the following stun.