Author Topic: This can't be anylonger  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Alec

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Caval-reee!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Northumbria
  • Game nicks: Bittersweet
  • IRC nick: Alec
Re: This can't be anylonger
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:26 pm »
it is understanable that many people rage about rangeds

Well if more people rage about it and not only me, maybe it's time to do something about it?
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Offline stante

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 10:47:28 pm »
+1
Of course something has to be done but I believe it is not nerfing archery until it is completely useless, the problem is with balance issues if you ask me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Alec

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Caval-reee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »
Life, i'm not talking about me, but about the general class balance. Please, go troll another topic with your minus spam and come back when you can say something decent.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 10:49:15 pm »
+3
Well if more people rage about it and not only me, maybe it's time to do something about it?
I dont see many shielders rage about range destroying them in battle. just saying.  :mrgreen:
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Alec

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Caval-reee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 10:51:37 pm »
I dont see many shielders rage about range destroying them in battle. just saying.  :mrgreen:

You're really looking with a selfish view. There are more classes then shielders in this mod.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »
+11
You're really looking with a selfish view. There are more classes then shielders in this mod.
theres more classes than 2h.  :rolleyes:
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2013, 05:11:01 am »
+5
No logic is IF IT KILLS ME NERF THE FUCK OUT OF IT.

And honestly coming from an archer you probably die because of the following reasons:

You suck at serpentine
You run in straight lines at a firing archer
You suck at serpentine

Also I hate all this bullshit against range while yes we can kill from a distance some, but some if not all sacrifice something. Like not taking Ironflesh, wearing lighter armor so theres no armor penality, carrying arrows even though they weigh 10 kilos a pack. Every class has its advantages and its disadvantages, so stop bitching about it and just enjoy the game for what it is.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:16:10 am by ZeSharpe »

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2013, 07:35:40 am »
+3
Do you enjoy playing battle and siege nowadays? I mean, you get hit before you enter the castle. When you entered the second arrow hits. Then you can kill about 1-2 ppl before you get killed by the next arrow. And when you check where it came from you can see a guy standing on top of a tower, unreachable for melee players.

Yes, I do.  I generally play with my main which is a shielder, but I also play a lot of siege with my 2h main that dies in 1 arrowshot and I enjoy it. Thats the bloody game, man. That is how the first minute of siege goes. Before getting on the walls the infantry attackers are nothing more then expendable meatbags. Generally with a shielder I charge straight up covering other infantry and storming into certain death so that other players would make it in.Hopefully next respawn im on the walls and chopping limbs off. With the 2h. I stay on the sidelines and wait for the right moment to charge in. Its all about adapting, moving on the right moment thats right for u.  Thats battleawareness and you dont get that being 24/7 in duel or on the forums begging for nerfs.

People will forever rage about this stuff. The only way to stop people from crying is removing every weaponsclass exept one, then we can all be boringly equal.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2013, 10:20:30 am »
+1
People will forever rage about this stuff. The only way to stop people from crying is removing every weaponsclass exept one, then we can all be boringly equal.
Still would let people cry about abusing mechanics of the game.  :P

Offline Alec

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Caval-reee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 11:45:14 am »
Probably i play more siege then half the ppl commenting on this thread. Yes, i visit duel sometimes but that doesnt mean i suck in battle. So basicaly most of the melee is QQing about ranged but when u ask why its quiet and all i hear is get a shield, stop being a fucking nerf 2hand, learn to play moron and not only duel, ... This means the 2hand class is forced to play with a schield (sounds even weird) or struggle mid board with 50% more deads then kills.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2013, 12:52:00 pm »
+1
Probably i play more siege then half the ppl commenting on this thread. Yes, i visit duel sometimes but that doesnt mean i suck in battle. So basicaly most of the melee is QQing about ranged but when u ask why its quiet and all i hear is get a shield, stop being a fucking nerf 2hand, learn to play moron and not only duel, ... This means the 2hand class is forced to play with a schield (sounds even weird) or struggle mid board with 50% more deads then kills.
If you don't like 2h class as it is, play a different class. For instance you are free to make a shielder character. 2h is the class most susceptible class to ranged fire (actually, after cavalry class) by it's very nature, although that doesn't mean there aren't ways to deal with ranged fire. What I do mostly works:
1-Learn dodging, zigzagging and moving in a confusing way
2-Learn taking cover
3-Wear heavier armor, take more if
4-Or take more athletics to be better at dodging

To say the least:
5-You respawn after 5-30 seconds after you die. It's not a such big deal if you die in Siege at all.

If you suck at those, you are free to make a shielder, an archer, a crossbowman or whatever suits you and helps you to deal with archers.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2013, 01:49:33 pm »
+1

Siege is actually the only game mode I play, hate battle; and dtv is now being filled with battle tryhards, however and I will say this, there are two handers that do fairly well; and guess what the most amazing part is? They dont have a shield. So in reality you need to stop talking out of your ass. The two hand class isnt forced to play with a shield; if they were that would make them shielders, not 2h. Moreover most 2hs go out of their way to kill me, then I go out of my way to kill them. Because I'm more focused on killing other ranged or people whom I know, or aiding people in melee that arent fairing so well.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2013, 06:43:49 am »
+2
Siege is actually the only game mode I play, hate battle; and dtv is now being filled with battle tryhards, however and I will say this, there are two handers that do fairly well; and guess what the most amazing part is? They dont have a shield. So in reality you need to stop talking out of your ass. The two hand class isnt forced to play with a shield; if they were that would make them shielders, not 2h. Moreover most 2hs go out of their way to kill me, then I go out of my way to kill them. Because I'm more focused on killing other ranged or people whom I know, or aiding people in melee that arent fairing so well.

Yeah, fuck you too sharpe.  :wink: :P

I know who to target from now on.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2013, 09:26:31 am »
+1
So stop the fairy tales, will ya?

No. Die in pain. And merry xmas.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »

Yeah, fuck you too sharpe.  :wink: :P

I know who to target from now on.

Merry Christmas to you to Jona.