Author Topic: Tydeus  (Read 4584 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: Tydeus
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 04:51:16 pm »

Yeah, fight Apsod, THEN tell me melee needs to faster.

You are too grandpa for this and need better pc  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2571
  • Infamy: 2466
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 04:52:55 pm »
+6
Actually don't nerf anything. Don't touch anything. All is fine. You managed to turn fun game with melee oriented balance into native crap where shielders and ranged are only viable choices. Kudos to you. Keep up the good work. It's not like any of you two will have anything to do with M:BG. I can enjoy this broken balance, can adapt to it. But it's crap.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »
FPS aint my problem man, I am old, sure, but I love speed and spam, you know it.

TO make game faster reduce armor weights.
I don't know enough

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 04:58:15 pm »
+3
There is armour available that's 0 weight, can't get any lower than that. Quite a few decent light armours up to 6-9 weight. There are also plenty of polearms with 97+ speed (knightly arming sword speed) or greater with good length compared to 1hers. There are good 2hs with 99-100+ speed, too. You have your options available to you. You may have to backpedal if you use a long/slow weapon when you fight against faster weapons that are short, them's the breaks. Can't expect to spam fast weapons easily with a slow weapon, just like how you can't packpedal easily with a short weapon.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 05:01:46 pm »
There is armour available that's 0 weight, can't get any lower than that. Quite a few decent light armours up to 6-9 weight.

Don't call it an armour... You will die from max 2 arrows/1 bolt in that.

Skyrim UI

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »
+7
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adapt

Everyone likes the comfort of always walking with the same loved weapons/armor. But this is a situational game. We need to adapt from time to time.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 05:04:20 pm »
+2
2 arrows is plenty. If you're fast, don't get hit. With good athletics, it's easy to almost never get hit in melee. Making OP medium armour where you can easily get 50-60 body armour any lighter would be ridiculous. Only thing that annoys me about it is the annoying bonus on the reinforced tag.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 05:05:36 pm »
+7
2 arrows is plenty. If you're fast, don't get hit.

Your NA ranged seem not to do their job properly...

Skyrim UI

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 05:16:30 pm »
+5
I honestly think crpg was fine a year ago. Almost each patch pushing it a bit down. Not that we all can be happy though :) The only thing of importance right now is figure out a way to stop the massquitting.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2115
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 05:22:14 pm »
cRPG was best when I had stable 60 fps on 222 man battle server (Pecores) which was full most of the time. There were archers, there were cav, infantry. It was completely unbalanced, but in a good way. Gold and XP system was better, there was no upkeep, I could put flamberge up my ass and stuff like that.

But it was fun. Ever since then it's getting less and less fun. Turning into native with every single patch. Under the command of 22nd_Paul, man with 27 alts, always active, member of 22nd famous native clan.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 05:27:54 pm »
+3
Narrow the thrust sweetspot to 40-70%(from 35-75%), increase the release animation length(not the frames, the interval), then increase weapon speeds. This results in slower, more difficult thrusts that are a bit closer to how difficult it is to land side swings(40% through the anim, roughly, to reach the sweetspot), but also increases the speed of side swings, thus making it easier to land the non-thrust attacks. Should speed up melee a fair bit making it more enjoyable and help persuade some long time players to stick with the faster paced, more enjoyable gameplay(melee), rather than going ranged.
Not bad, I hope this goes for all thrusts including the 2h thrust? Do you know what these sweetspot percentages were before you changed the polearm thrust? In my opinion the glancing late animation was good for polearms, too difficult on 1h and too easy on 2h. Hope these new late end values are going to be close to what polearm had before all of this.

Honestly I preferred the way stabs worked before the turn rate nerf. Back then there seemed to be no early or late stabbing. You could spin your stab around but it would always hit at the same point in the animation. Back then I was able to chamber stabs purely through timing. I saw the attack release and knew how long it took for the hit to come. Which was necessary because you can't really rely on the visual cue when people can start stabs with their weapon inside your body. Nowadays the stab hit can come extremely early or extremely late, which prevents you from being able to rely on timing, while you still can't rely on the visual cue. This makes wiggled stabs near impossible to chamber. Whenever one of my stabs get chambered, I wiggle the next one and even though people usually retry the chamber, they rarely succeed.

There was lolstabbing, but no instastabbing or dragged late stabbing. This got changed with the turn rate, most likely because the way stabs worked back then required extenstive turning unless you were at a small ideal range. To accomodate for the lack of turning the stabs seemed to have gotten active earlier and longer or something. Nowadays we have much more turning than immediately post turn rate nerf, so I was thinking maybe a revert to these more logical stab mechanics is possible now again. Especially since the long weapons have started to use the unrestricted vertical turning to get their speed bonus anyway. Again, I am not sure what these mechanics were, but I know stabs were very different but much less frustrating and weird.

lots of players stab from up to down, as far as I know there is no speed limit or angle limitation
have you ever consider that a problem with animation?
I think this is a fair compromise realism wise. It is of course unrealistic that a long spear can stab people when they are past the tip, but so is the fact that you can render yourself save from any stabs by leveling a weapon horizontally in front of you and that you are able to walk through extended spears because they have no collision detection. The lack of realism in these two things allow you to easily close in on someone with a long stab weapon in the first place. Applying realism selectively by disallowing close reach stabbing while allowing unrealisms when it comes to keeping people at a distance will effectively remove all potency of these weapons.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »
+2
No more speeding up especially not for the 1hers pls, just adjust all 3 stabs to be a bit slower and harder to land and it's fine
This. "Agiwhores" with fast weapons are already very hard to block with a high ping. Higher speeds could be detrimental to those with high pings.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 05:45:06 pm »
+8
This. "Agiwhores" with fast weapons are already very hard to block with a high ping. Higher speeds could be detrimental to those with high pings.
The focus is on increasing the speeds for the slow weapons. Initially I proposed only increasing speeds for 95/96 speed and lower weapons, but then edited my post because I didn't want to screw up internal weapon balance. If we could deal in non integer stats, there would be no problem, but at some point you'll go from not getting anything at all to immediately getting +1/+2 speed, this WILL affect internal weapon balance.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 05:50:17 pm »
+10
Oh and also a bit of appreciation for you Tydeus to compensate for the ignorant hate present in this thread:

I approve of most of your work and I think you are directly responsible for having actually sped up the game quit a bit already. Faster and easier animations on those that were pretty crappy to use for polearm and 1h, have noticably decreased the inability to bypass people's blocking skill that I have felt with slower weapons from these classes. I appreciate that you dare to touch the core of the game and try to improve upon it in this stage. The stabs have been overbuffed and they piss me the hell of so I hope you can tweak them soon, but when that is done I think you actually managed to improve the game.

Now we just need some type of discouragement for playing ranged and a four directional long voulge (pls) and the game is good to go again. Keep up the good work Tydeus, but try to be fast with tweaking  :P

All you bastards stating that the game was fine some time a go and that Tydeus is ruining it, perhaps actual boredom of the game and nostalgia glasses are more of a cause of this view, because I am pretty sure balance has gotten better. I know I friggin loved this game when I started playing, but it was an unbalanced, terribly designed piece of shit.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 05:51:06 pm »
+1
cRPG was best when I had stable 60 fps on 222 man battle server (Pecores) which was full most of the time. There were archers, there were cav, infantry. It was completely unbalanced, but in a good way. Gold and XP system was better, there was no upkeep, I could put flamberge up my ass and stuff like that.

But it was fun. Ever since then it's getting less and less fun. Turning into native with every single patch. Under the command of 22nd_Paul, man with 27 alts, always active, member of 22nd famous native clan.
go farm infarm somewhere else

All you bastards stating that the game was fine some time a go and that Tydeus is ruining it, perhaps actual boredom of the game and nostalgia glasses are more of a cause of this view, because I am pretty sure balance has gotten better. I know I friggin loved this game when I started playing, but it was an unbalanced, terribly designed piece of shit.

that
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:03:53 pm by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?