Author Topic: FREE MELEE!  (Read 3298 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: FREE MELEE!
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »
+1
I got my Huscarl round shield penetrated by a xbower the other day, and it was by Dieler (or an imposter. He is usually melee). Wasn't point blank but I was approaching him so might have been some movement speed bonus. The server was nearly dead so I know it was him and it only took 1/4 of my life so it was a shield penetrator. Seems you can't even move toward some ranged with a shield now incase you get penetrated and 1 shotted in the head

Kind of wish I took those 5 shield points and put them into athletics so I can at least dodge better. Holding the shield up makes you a much easier target and you just get hit from the sides.

Huscarl's only have 20 "armor" (resistance).  Use a knightly kite or (my favorite) knightly heater shield.  You're welcome.

But I do agree with your follow-up post to this.  Xbows should have had to have a "skill" to use xbows (like power throw or power draw) for 3+ years now.  Not sure why that was never addressed.

Btw I'm not asking for a melee only server; eventhough I spent 40% of my forum time insulting you, I admit ranged are a very important part in crpg and my fun time; your actual opness that derives from the huge amount of ranged is not. The first step should be imo a ranged amount balancer if possible, tired of seeing 40 HA in the same team just because they're wearing a starry bear as banner.

I (and some others) have pointed out for almost 3 years now that the current team balance system is broken.  If there's 20 horse ranged on, and they all wear the same banner, 18 of them shouldn't be on the same team.  We need a better balance system that takes "class" into account.  A proper team balance algorithm would go a long way towards curbing the amount of "cries for nerfs" over the years.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:31:38 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy