Do you agree with those changes?

Yes
89 (62.7%)
No
34 (23.9%)
Yes, but... (insert you opinion)
19 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Author Topic: How to nerf archery, without destroying it.  (Read 14070 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to nerf archery, without destroying it.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »
Well its clear that EU_1 is ''dying'', there is usually alot more players on EU_2 when i look. Even EU_7 has constant activity. So if the devs wont listen to the ''QQ'', then the player count on the servers speaks for itself.

I agree with this, so +1 from me.

So does the ammount of ranged in that player count, which is less than a quarter atm. So obviously, nerf ranged.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »
+1
Whiney bitches gonna whine.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

More at 11.

I think they are some good suggestions, but ultimately unnecessary.  People are always going to bitch about ranged, or horse ranged (both of which are the biggest bane to my class, but I suck it up and deal with it). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 09:25:17 pm »
Not a single downvote...you broke cRPG forum with your balanced suggestion
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 09:32:49 pm »
+2
I also vote that we add a tiny 1x1 pixel hitbox to horse foreheads, so that if they get hit on that tiny spot, the arrow turns directly around and embeds itself in our pony's forehead, thereby making a majestic Carpagian Unicorn.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:18 pm »
Whiney bitches gonna whine.

More at 11.

I think they are some good suggestions, but ultimately unnecessary.  People are always going to bitch about ranged, or horse ranged (both of which are the biggest bane to my class, but I suck it up and deal with it).

"I'm alright, Jack" again

Being on a horse puts you in a way better position to deal with HA's than on foot

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 09:50:36 pm »
+3
"I'm alright, Jack" again

Being on a horse puts you in a way better position to deal with HA's than on foot

I play way more on my 2h/thrower alt.  Basically only play my main in strat battles.  I clearly just have thicker skin than you, don't blame other people for my problems, and am willing to try to adapt (or use teamwork) to overcome obstacles.  And if I get shot up by an archer or horse archer, I shrug my shoulders and try to do something different next round. 

I enjoy the challenge of different classes, playstyles, and groups of enemies. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:53 pm »
Ranged and cav player then

If you have nothing constructive to add besides "i'ma complain about complainers", "QQ MOAR" "deal with it" then get your shit poster tag back please

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 09:55:34 pm »
+1
Not a single downvote...you broke cRPG forum with your balanced suggestion

Don't worry, En_Dotter downwoted me  :wink:
Archer forever :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »
Ranged and cav player then

If you have nothing constructive to add besides "i'ma complain about complainers", "QQ MOAR" "deal with it" then get your shit poster tag back please

I am being constructive.  I'm suggesting people learn to adapt, and not  blame others for their problems.  Find a way to overcome the obstacle without crying that it exists in the first place.  Mind you it's the same people (over the past 2+ years) who always cry that something is too powerful, and it's usually in regards to ranged or horse ranged. I'm also suggesting that developers and players don't listen to the same whiney bitches to decide what's happening in game.   

I normally don't even take throwing weapons on my 2h, and when I do, I'm certainly not "ranged" (I'm lucky if the accuracy of the war darts I take allow me to hit someone 10 feet away).  I'm definitely "infantry" on my 2h alt.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »
+1
Adapting on EU1 often means to play ranged. This is why we have like less that 40 guys at prime time.

People play M&B for its phenomenal melee pvp combat so the game should play to the engine's strengths.

Anyway people who vote yes are looking at a compromise in the first place. Longbow/Rusbow will stay the same but with a bit less damage from arrows.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 10:07:57 pm »
+2
All of the OP's suggestions sounds reasonable to me, but may have to be adjusted if multiple/all of them are ever used.

If there is an internal balance problem with bows(and other ranged), I think that should be fixed. Xbows and throwers annoy me more. I think shield should be better against ranged and buff shield skill somehow so that it can be hybridized by 2h and polearm a bit better. All melee classes can use shields, so I don't think anything would get that unbalanced. I played a few months as 1h no shield and was almost better against ranged when sneaking around unless I was targeted with no cover compared to when I'm a shielder.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 10:10:27 pm »
+1
Nerf all archers except me, please

fixed.  My opinion is that ALL missile speeds should be decreased, and accuracy increased to compensate. Accuracy already increased with the latest patch, so the part about missile speeds will come any day now. This is a fair change, because both firing an arrow and seeing it go somewhere you did not aim and dodging a projectile but still being hit because it goes so fast are generally bad things that add nothing to the game.

I am being constructive.  I'm suggesting people learn to adapt, and not  blame others for their problems.  Find a way to overcome the obstacle without crying that it exists in the first place.  Mind you it's the same people (over the past 2+ years) who always cry that something is too powerful, and it's usually in regards to ranged or horse ranged. I'm also suggesting that developers and players don't listen to the same whiney bitches to decide what's happening in game.   

I normally don't even take throwing weapons on my 2h, and when I do, I'm certainly not "ranged" (I'm lucky if the accuracy of the war darts I take allow me to hit someone 10 feet away).  I'm definitely "infantry" on my 2h alt.

Because finding mildly imaginative ways to say "shut up" to anybody that doesn't hold the same opinion as you is "being constructive".

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »
Nice suggestion... Maybe remove bows and add ranged 2h weapons?
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »
+3
Getting all in one from last nerf archery topic i suggest to:

1. Revert patch buffing non loomed archery gear. This measure was made to make things "fair", but in a "overplayed" class the term fair ceases to exist to avoid the chaos we're dwelling with in-game

2. Decrease amount of arrows per quiver (17 or 16 bodkins on +3 should be ok).  When I heard this change was going to be put in, I got the shivers. It's a ridiculous buff to Horse Archery, and foot archery as-well. As an archer you should make every arrow count, and not spam because you have X arrows till the round ends. If you're out of arrows, pick up some, and make them count.

3. Reduce fire ratio for bows while shooting from horseback (devs done it to HX, so i think they can do it for bows) Gods yes...

4. Lower missile speed for low tier bows (Long bow should have highest missile speed, but it stay just like it is atm, rest should have lower missile speed with rule: lower dmg ->  lower missile speed) This always got on my nerves, no one wants to use 2 slots bows, when a horn bow can be way more devastating, viable, and fast while being able to carry a proper melee weapon. (ratio wise). It's a must.

5. Lower a bit amount of dmg added by arrows Tweaking the damage yet again on specific body part hitboxes is still needed. Surviving an arrow to the face makes no sense, while 2 arrows on the arm(etc) are deadly (balance wise isn't a good thing).

IMO as an archer after this patch I'll be forced to stop spamming arrows if I would like to keep some for end of the round, and i'll have lower dmg (if i'll use non loomed gear)

Plenty archers are using non loomed bows (i can see it because i'm using hireloom models boss pack), so after patch they will GTX from archery or will start using slower and less acurate, but stronger and more expensive bows. HA will also stop to being a raiding gatling guns.

Having played as an archer for several patches, generations and I still play with my alt archer often, I can only say this man knows what he's talking about. I've added my own thoughts in red on the quoting above.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:41 pm »
Nice suggestion... Maybe remove bows and add ranged 2h weapons?
nice offtopic

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?