Author Topic: Conquest  (Read 800 times)

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
Conquest
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:33:02 pm »
+1
First of all, i really like the idea of conquest mod. It looks better than siege in theory. How?

-Spawn points are the best thing here. Imagine the siege and you are defender. You may spawn in a wave of attackers and that's sucks cause you have to wait 20+ seconds again. Conquest prevents that.
-I've played 3-4 maps but somehow i wasn't on attacker side for once. So is it possible to spawn at the point that you captured? If yes that's much better, if no we still have to run all the way.
-For me it's better to have more than 1 objective. It's like city assault on singleplayer

There is only one thing i've noticed which is boring for some of us. Yes, it's the multi system while playing Conquest. I will explain it with ''Helm's Deep'' map but i'm not sure if it's doable or not.

Let's look at the Helm's Deep

Huge castle, 6 points to capture, 30min per round. For some people experience is not really important anymore but for those who wants to gain exp. Playing 30min on x1 is kinda annoying. They will prefer battle or other servers. How about gaining +1 multi if they are close to flag while capturing the important points. Example: Siege Camp, Gatehouse, Keep. Of course i was thinking for defenders aswell. How about gaining an extra multi if we manage to get some average score while defending a single point. Like i said i don't know if it's doable but this will make the players focus more to objectives instead of killing fest like on regular siege.

Thanks and sorry for my engrish.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:36:12 pm by Xside »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Conquest
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:38:34 pm »
You can spawn at captured flags, just esc -> choose spawnpoint -> ,,
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »
I will edit a few other smaller maps to get some more conquest (10min tops) into the cycle until multi is implemented in some way. What that little test showed yesterday that conquest needs a lot of time to get used to for players. 50% didn't know what the hell to do, although imo once you figured out how to use the interactive map, all the signs clearly show what to do o_O

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »
I like the idea of conquest too its like old EA's Battlefield :)
Would like to create some maps for this mod, but no idea howto :(

We could create several towns, castles and so on on one map that the players have to capture.. would be awesome :3 Even ladders and siege equip could find a coming back here :)

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »

We could create several towns, castles and so on on one map that the players have to capture.. would be awesome :3 Even ladders and siege equip could find a coming back here :)

le 4n0nym0u$ m4$t3R trOll
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:00:05 pm »

Implement all the ladders you want in there, but conquest will not get deployable ladders back and get a catapult ban, simply because it breaks the maps in a way that makes them unplayable in the next round.

Also, check out the maps that are already in and working quite smoothly (helms_deep, shariz, bay_of_shariz, isle_of_cray) and the guide from Ozin.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 02:38:37 am »
ty
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:47:35 am by Spanky_Ham »