Author Topic: World War 2 written by Winners?  (Read 9869 times)

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
World War 2 written by Winners?
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »

What do you think , do you believe everything our teachers told us ? whats written in the books? did you ever thought , some things cant be true?

P.s.  : pls dont post any antisemtic shit :P

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: World War 2 written by Winners?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:40:46 pm »
+4
So he is blaming ww2 on the USSR tricking Germany into invading Poland? completely ignoring the fact that Germany annexed Austria and Czechoslovakia and declaring the need for more living space.

i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »
Please watch the Video...

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:15:45 pm »
I did watch most of it. Seems like he is saying how big smart USSR tricked everyone into fighting chocolate chip cookies

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:35:33 pm »
+2
I didnt watch it. Maybe I will later. But: Politics cant do anything without people. If they get them by (empty) promise, threatening, violence, trick and treat or what ever. People have to fight wars - not the leaders. We are fucked anyway. So I dont care. Fuck it dude. Lets go bowling.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:01:15 am »
+3
Not worth wasting your time with him. He (almost) only gets support from right-wing extremists or even holocaust deniers (surprise, surprise). All respectable historians are rejecting his revisionist thesis. Seems like he has lots of mistakes in his work and even manipulated some sources.

Funny conspiracy theory but nothing more.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:47:39 am »
if  you give me evidence or any other facts maybe in form of a video ? and what he said is true , the only thing is he might have let out some facst out of his theory. but its not completely wrong. I dont agree 100% obviously.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 09:41:22 am »
You need to spend less time with Panos. Not healthy...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 11:14:29 am »
+1
Well history on WW1 will be rewritten thanks to books like this http://www.amazon.com/The-Sleepwalkers-Europe-Went-1914/dp/006114665X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384162208&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Sleepwalkers

and the same might happen to WW2, only partially ofc, and it will most likely take another 30 years before respectable historians grow the balls to publish it :P.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 11:21:48 am »
Well history on WW1 will be rewritten thanks to books like this http://www.amazon.com/The-Sleepwalkers-Europe-Went-1914/dp/006114665X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384162208&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Sleepwalkers

and the same might happen to WW2, only partially ofc, and it will most likely take another 30 years before respectable historians grow the balls to publish it :P.

hmm reading the reviews and overview i don't see how he rewrites ww1 history? most of the points seem well known he just focuses more on individuals and the actual spark that sets war off rather than the build up.

"Drawing on new scholarship, Clark offers a fresh look at World War I, focusing not on the battles and atrocities of the war itself, but on the complex events and relationships that led a group of well-meaning leaders into brutal conflict.

Clark traces the paths to war in a minute-by-minute, action-packed narrative that cuts between the key decision centers in Vienna, Berlin, St. Petersburg, Paris, London, and Belgrade, and examines the decades of history that informed the events of 1914 and details the mutual misunderstandings and unintended signals that drove the crisis forward in a few short weeks."

afaik this area is already well covered and taught in great detail. unless im totally mistaken ofc :D

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 11:29:40 am »
+6

Yep, questioning WW2 is still a career suicide for any historian. Have to wait a few more decades before we start getting objective accounts of it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 11:36:22 am »
+6
Yep, questioning WW2 is still a career suicide for any historian. Have to wait a few more decades before we start getting objective accounts of it.

depends on which part you question :P

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 01:23:05 pm »
+2

hmm reading the reviews and overview i don't see how he rewrites ww1 history? most of the points seem well known he just focuses more on individuals and the actual spark that sets war off rather than the build up.

"Drawing on new scholarship, Clark offers a fresh look at World War I, focusing not on the battles and atrocities of the war itself, but on the complex events and relationships that led a group of well-meaning leaders into brutal conflict.

Clark traces the paths to war in a minute-by-minute, action-packed narrative that cuts between the key decision centers in Vienna, Berlin, St. Petersburg, Paris, London, and Belgrade, and examines the decades of history that informed the events of 1914 and details the mutual misunderstandings and unintended signals that drove the crisis forward in a few short weeks."

afaik this area is already well covered and taught in great detail. unless im totally mistaken ofc :D
Germany was solely blamed for WW1 to happen in the first place (this is probably still being teached in school, at least here in germany) and this lead to the treaty of Versailles, imo the 3. Reich wouldn't have happend without the Versailles treaty at all. Btw Germany paid the last reparations for WW1 in 2010..

The book is basically taking the blame from Germany spreading it over all the countries involved, which did many books before ofc, but mostly unrecognised/ignored by historians and the media.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 01:28:24 pm »
+3
hmm the way they teach it here (in uk at my school at least) is that everyone was to blame. Germany was no more guilty than anyone else its just the fact they lost that the french mainly blamed them.  we learn all about the rivalries in the Balkans the british and french imperialism etc etc :P at A level at least most of it was studying how much the UK fucked up the world from the middle east to india/pakistan to ireland and then we learn a lot about the causes of ww1

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »
hmm the way they teach it here (in uk at my school at least) is that everyone was to blame. Germany was no more guilty than anyone else its just the fact they lost that the french mainly blamed them.  we learn all about the rivalries in the Balkans the british and french imperialism etc etc :P at A level at least most of it was studying how much the UK fucked up the world from the middle east to india/pakistan to ireland and then we learn a lot about the causes of ww1

Interesting :D. We aren't at that point here, like this is the article, where I found out about that book. It is one month old the title says: World war historian doubts german exclusive responsibility.

http://www.focus.de/wissen/mensch/geschichte/tid-33895/wer-zettelte-den-ersten-weltkrieg-an-historiker-stellt-deutschlands-kriegsschuld-infrage_aid_1119586.html